PA - Conner Snyder, 8, & Brinley, 4, hangings, Berks Co., 23 Sept 2019 *Mom arrested* *GRAPHIC* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Docket Number: CP-06-CR-0000570-2020
Court Case CRIMINAL DOCKET
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
v. Lisa Rachelle Snyder

CALENDAR EVENTS:

Pre-Trial Hearing
12/18/2023 1:30 pm Courtroom 7A President Judge M. Theresa Johnson Pre-Trial Hearing Scheduled

2/07/2024 9:00 am Courtroom 7A President Judge M. Theresa Johnson Call of the List
Scheduled

03/04/2024 8:30 am Courtroom 7A President Judge M. Theresa Johnson Jury Trial
Scheduled

CRIMINAL DOCKET ENTRIES:

Sequence Number/ CP Filed Date/ Document Date/ Filed By/Service To/ Service By/
Issue Date/ Service Type/ Status Date/ Service Status

1** 11/17/2023/ 11/17/2023/ Berks County Clerk of Courts/
Clerks Worksheet /Berks County/ District Attorney's Office

2** 11/17/2023/ 11/17/2023/ Johnson, M. Theresa
Order Scheduling Omnibus Pretrial Motion Hearing 12/18/23; Waiver of PA.R.Crim.P.600/1013
Berks County District Attorney's Office
11/21/2023 eService Served

3** 11/17/2023/ 11/17/2023/ Johnson, M. Theresa
Order Scheduling Call Of The Trial List 2/7/24, Jury Selection & Trial Beginning Of The Week
Berks County District Attorney's Office
11/21/2023 eService Served

Monday, Dec. 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley L. Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 40) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree murder, 1 count of tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, 1 counts of animal cruelty & 2 counts of sexual intercourse with an animal (with a dog). 9/2/21: Animal cruelty & sex with dog severed from original charges. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 3/4/24.
Information & court info from 12/19/19 thru 7/10/23 reference post #796 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pt-2019-mom-arrested-graphic-2.488603/page-40

10/13/23 Update: Snyder may have reached a plea deal with prosecutors who had intended to seek the death penalty in the case. Court papers say Lisa Snyder — charged with first-degree murder & other crimes in the deaths of 8-year-old Conner & 4-year-old Brinley Snyder — is scheduled for a guilty plea & sentencing hearing on 11/17/23.
11/17/23 Update: A judge on Friday rejected a plea agreement for Snyder. Snyder sought to plead no contest but mentally ill to two counts of third-degree murder. Berks County President Judge Theresa Johnson rejected the plea as soon as it was presented to her by a prosecutor & ended the hearing after just a few minutes, shutting down a defense lawyer who tried to interject. “I am not accepting that plea agreement,” Johnson declared, adding, “It doesn't serve the interests of justice.” She then stalked out of the courtroom. The case will now head to trial, where Snyder faces charges of first-degree murder, child endangerment & evidence tampering. Prosecutors had indicated they would seek the death penalty. Next pretrial hearing on 12/18/23 @ 1:30pm, Call of the List hearing on 2/7/24 @ 8am & trial now set to begin on 3/7/24.
11/29/23 Update: Application for Continuance & Waiver of Rule 600-Right to a Speedy Trial.

Monday, Dec. 18th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley L. Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 40) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree murder, 1 count of tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, 1 counts of animal cruelty & 2 counts of sexual intercourse with an animal (with a dog). 9/2/21: Animal cruelty & sex with dog severed from original charges. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Information & court info from 12/19/19 thru 7/10/23 reference post #796 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pt-2019-mom-arrested-graphic-2.488603/page-40

10/13/23 Update: Snyder may have reached a plea deal with prosecutors who had intended to seek the death penalty in the case. Court papers say Lisa Snyder — charged with first-degree murder & other crimes in the deaths of 8-year-old Conner & 4-year-old Brinley Snyder — is scheduled for a guilty plea & sentencing hearing on 11/17/23.
11/17/23 Update: A judge on Friday rejected a plea agreement for Snyder. Snyder sought to plead no contest but mentally ill to two counts of third-degree murder. Berks County President Judge Theresa Johnson rejected the plea as soon as it was presented to her by a prosecutor & ended the hearing after just a few minutes, shutting down a defense lawyer who tried to interject. “I am not accepting that plea agreement,” Johnson declared, adding, “It doesn't serve the interests of justice.” She then stalked out of the courtroom. The case will now head to trial, where Snyder faces charges of first-degree murder, child endangerment & evidence tampering. Prosecutors had indicated they would seek the death penalty. Next pretrial hearing on 12/18/23 @ 1:30pm, Call of the List hearing on 2/7/24 @ 8am & trial now set to begin on 3/7/24.
11/29/23 Update: Application for Continuance & Waiver of Rule 600-Right to a Speedy Trial.
Thank @Niner Oh, how I hope the pre trial hearing happens. This 'thing' LS needs to go away, far away forever. My mind does not comprehend such behavior nor do I want it to.

Thank @Niner Oh, how I hope the pre trial hearing happens. This 'thing' LS needs to go away, far away forever. My mind does not comprehend such behavior nor do I want it to.

We know that LS was scheduled for sentencing on 11/17/23 until Judge Theresa Johnson abruptly objected to the plea agreement negotiated by the parties on the same date!

The Court has since scheduled both a "Call of the List" hearing for 2/7/24 and a trial date for March. My understanding is that a "Call of the List" is a final opportunity to try to work out a plea agreement with the District Attorney's Office, if appropriate.

IMO, the parties are probably trying to do just that -- correct whatever deficiencies the Court found objectionable, and get this deranged woman sentenced and done with.

2/07/2024 9:00 am Courtroom 7A President Judge M. Theresa Johnson Call of the List
Scheduled

Well - as usual - not finding anything on her hearing - so I will go ahead & move her to the Feb. 7th Call of the List hearing.

@Niner --there was an Order vacating the hearing previously scheduled for 12/18 so you didn't miss anything.

Other docket entries include the State giving notice of other records, evidence, they intend to submit at trial, and an application for relief filed with the Supreme Court.

Since we have no idea what the parties want decided by the higher Court, I won't be surprised if the trial is delayed waiting on a response from the Supreme Court:

12/06/2023 Berks County District Attorney's Office --Notice of Intent to Introduce Other Crimes, Wrongs, Acts or Evidence (Burke, James Joseph)

12/11/2023 12/07/2023 Supreme Court of Pennsylvania -Middle District
Application for Extraordinary Relief / Berks County District Attorney's Office

12/12/2023 Berks County District Attorney's Office --Notice of the Commonwealth's Intention to Admit Records at Trial. (Burke, James Joseph).

@Niner --there was an Order vacating the hearing previously scheduled for 12/18 so you didn't miss anything.

Other docket entries include the State giving notice of other records, evidence, they intend to submit at trial, and an application for relief filed with the Supreme Court.

Since we have no idea what the parties want decided by the higher Court, I won't be surprised if the trial is delayed waiting on a response from the Supreme Court:

12/06/2023 Berks County District Attorney's Office --Notice of Intent to Introduce Other Crimes, Wrongs, Acts or Evidence (Burke, James Joseph)

12/11/2023 12/07/2023 Supreme Court of Pennsylvania -Middle District
Application for Extraordinary Relief / Berks County District Attorney's Office

12/12/2023 Berks County District Attorney's Office --Notice of the Commonwealth's Intention to Admit Records at Trial. (Burke, James Joseph).

Thanks @Seattle1 - I knew you would know what was going on! :)

Wednesday, February 7th:
*Call of the List Hearing (@ 8am ET) – PA – Conner Snyder (8) & Brinley L. Snyder (4) (Sept. 23, 2019, Albany Township; found hanging from basement rafters) - *Lisa Rachelle Snyder (36/now 40) “mom” arrested (12/2/19), charged (12/9/19) & arraigned (3/12/20) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 3rd degree murder, 1 count of tampering with or fabricating evidence, 2 counts of endangering the welfare of children, 1 counts of animal cruelty & 2 counts of sexual intercourse with an animal (with a dog). 9/2/21: Animal cruelty & sex with dog severed from original charges. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Information & court info from 12/19/19 thru 11/17/23 reference post #828 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...pt-2019-mom-arrested-graphic-2.488603/page-42

11/29/23 Update: Application for Continuance & Waiver of Rule 600-Right to a Speedy Trial. Next pretrial hearing on 12/18/23, Call of the List hearing on 2/7/24 @ 8am & trial now set to being on 3/7/24. 12/6/23 Update: Berks County DA's Office --Notice of Intent to Introduce Other Crimes, Wrongs, Acts or Evidence (Burke, James Joseph). 12/11/23 Update: 12/7/23 Supreme Court of Pennsylvania -Middle District Application for Extraordinary Relief / Berks County District Attorney's Office. 12/12/23 Update: Berks County DA's Office --Notice of the Commonwealth's Intention to Admit Records at Trial. (Burke, James Joseph). 12/18/23 Update: Order: Hearing on 12/18/23 was vacated. Next Call of the List hearing on 2/7/24.

This is so frustrating! It's been more than four years and these two babies deserve their justice.
Berks County President Judge Theresa Johnson rejected the plea as soon as it was presented to her by a prosecutor and ended the hearing after just a few minutes, shutting down a defense lawyer who tried to interject.

“I am not accepting that plea agreement,” Johnson declared, adding, “It doesn't serve the interests of justice.” She then stalked out of the courtroom.
^^rsbm

After the Court rejected the negotiated guilty plea agreement (which we've not seen), the defense made a filing with the Supreme Court -- perhaps appealing the Court's actions.

In other words, canceling the March Trial date was no surprise given the pending action. Of course, I agree that justice for the children is long overdue!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back