Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too much conflicting information. I'm not sure who is operating the Facebook page. "Last seen at liberty and 6th 11:39 PM", "last known location: Market Square", and the surveillance photo is from Penn and 7th. So where was he really last seen?

Further down on the page they reposted from WPXI he was last seen at 11:49PM at Liberty and Smithfield.

https://m.facebook.com/missingdakotajames/

bbm

He looks like he is on a mission in the surveillance photo and appears to be texting. Perhaps he got in a car and that is why the dogs lost his trail? The path PPD released doesn't line up with the photo at Katz? If the PPD trail is correct which I assume they have evidence to support this, it seems like he was wondering around in circles or looking for someone. There isn't a good place to stop and park while driving if you're trying to meet someone downtown. Maybe said driver got turned around DJ met at the parking garage near Katz or Fort Duquesne Blvd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/829288629734354945

I don't see it as DJ "wondering [sic] around in circles", especially noting the known time line. It would not be considered unusual for people to walk from the bars / restaurants up Liberty to the Wood St. T Station to catch a T. If we assume it was eventually too late (past schedule) for DJ to catch a T it would not be unusual to walk up Seventh Street, cross through Katz Plaza to Scott Place or Barkers Place, from there to Fort Duquesne Blvd. then to the Sixth Street Bridge. That seems a logical path for DJ to 'walk home (apt.)'.

Without knowing exactly where DJ is last seen on video (last reported is DJ is shown "on the bridge" but no further clarification beyond that,) we have no idea if he approached / descended the stairway to the Heritage Trail or walked forward on to the bridge proper.

That missing/confusing piece of the puzzle leaves it up in the air: did DJ make it across the bridge, did he descend to the trail or did he not proceed 'on' to the bridge nor down to the trail.

Can you post a link to where it says they have evidence of him on the bridge? Why wouldn't the family or whoever is managing the FB page update and correct the last known location? If they think someone knows something, it would be helpful to give his last known location. I don't think he was trying to get on the T. The way he is pictured walking across Katz suggests he is coming from the east from Penn/7th and not heading due north to Scott Pl (basically straight shot) if he were coming from wood street station. Liberty and 6th is a block south and a block west from Katz.

Too much conflicting information. I'm not sure who is operating the Facebook page. "Last seen at liberty and 6th 11:39 PM", "last known location: Market Square", and the surveillance photo is from Penn and 7th. So where was he really last seen?

Further down on the page they reposted from WPXI he was last seen at 11:49PM at Liberty and Smithfield.

https://m.facebook.com/missingdakotajames/

Clear as mud, right?! Though I can't entirely blame the site admin, I suppose, as the media can't seem to get a solid timeline worked out, either.

Btw, it appears the site is being run by LostNMissing, Inc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

Can you post a link to where it says they have evidence of him on the bridge? Why wouldn't the family or whoever is managing the FB page update and correct the last known location? If they think someone knows something, it would be helpful to give his last known location. I don't think he was trying to get on the T. The way he is pictured walking across Katz suggests he is coming from the east from Penn/7th and not heading due north to Scott Pl (basically straight shot) if he were coming from wood street station. Liberty and 6th is a block south and a block west from Katz.

Scott Place runs along the west border of Katz Plaza, straight to Fort Duquesne Blvd. The image shows DJ walking exactly toward Scott Place where it runs beyond Katz Plaza to in between the buildings toward the Theater Parking Garage entrance / exit and toward the building pass-through, which crosses from Scott Place to Barkers Place.

A link to the most-recently reported "last seen" video was posted earlier in the thread.

I agree he is heading to Scott place but doesn't appear to be coming from wood street is what I mean. There is a giant waterfal monument in the middle of the plaza. To me it looks like he is coming from the east not the south. The direction he appears to be coming from in the photo wouldn't be the least amount of steps to get to Scott place if coming from liberty/wood street area. Once he got to Katz he'd have to zig zag to his right and then left again around the waterfall to get to the point he is in the surveillance if coming from the south.

attachment.php

Attachments

• seventh to katz.jpg
    seventh to katz.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 337
Thanks. All is irrelevant if WPXI is correct in the video you reference but they are not the best journalists in my opinion. They use un-named "sources" in that video and the police nor the family has come out and said he was on the bridge to my knowledge.

I think that police probably have not allowed the family to actually see it so the can't confirm that he was on the bridge. I bet that's why.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

My theory is that there was in fact no "hit" by the dogs by the PPD. The family had started voicing their frustrations publicly and the citizens were following suit. I believe that the boats in the water, the dog's hit, the convenient appearance of the PD's public relations officer on the banks and a well timed news crew all point to the PPD trying to save face. They put those boats in the water right under everyone's noses. I am sure that any logically thinking person would know that if DJ ended up in the river, his body most certainly would not still be in that same spot 12 days later. If the PPD was serious about DJ being in the river, they would surely be looking further down stream. He'd likely be close to Ohio by now. Spin. Spin. Spin.

I so agree w you, it was a public service announcement...they need to head down river , exactly where you said...OH., where Paul Kochu and the murdered man from Lawrenceville were BOTH found.

This ******** of bogus searches and divers at the Clemente Bridge (aka 6th St) is a waste of time and resources we are not stupid and neither is Dakota's family. Let's face it PPD can't seem to solve any of the gun violence and murders of young black men in the city that I see in the paper every day. Something needs to be done, they need a strong leader.

These images are of the North Shore side of the Roberto Clement Bridge and Three Rivers Heritage Trail access. The river is easily accessible from either end of the bridge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• north shore a.jpg
    north shore a.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 241
  • north shore b.jpg
    north shore b.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 242
  • north shore c.jpg
    north shore c.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 241
These images are of the North Shore side of the Roberto Clement Bridge and Three Rivers Heritage Trail access. The river is easily accessible from either end of the bridge.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thank you for posting these, CM. They speak volumes, IMO ....

Why no word on video from the cameras mounted at each end of the bridge?

Are the cameras and recording equipment functional?

What happened at the bridge (if anything)?

DJ's family AND the public have a right to know; is someone other than DJ responsible for his disappearance?

Is it safe to walk downtown and walk across the bridges at night?

PPD, why no update on this issue?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/police-sea...ny-river-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

bbm

...surveillance photo they have released so far is one showing James walking in Katz Plaza in downtown's Cultural District.

Authorities said the image was taken from video recorded at 11:46 p.m. on Jan. 25. Investigators said they now believe James may have been walking toward his home on the North Side, but officials said he was seen at least one more time that night on the Roberto Clemente Bridge.

The report does not indicate "last seen" for the "on the bridge" element of the case.

The report also does not indicate if the "seen at least one more time" element was on surveillance video, phone video or via eyewitness(es). The report also does not indicate a time-stamp for the "seen at least one more time" element, nor does it indicate how many times DJ was "seen" on the bridge "that night".

What if it occurred sometime earlier than the 11:46 p.m. Katz Plaza sighting? Given his walking path that does not seem likely. If it did occur after 11:46 p.m., what about the "at least one more time" element of the sighting? How many times was DJ "seen" on the bridge, or is that a CYA in case DJ is found on yet-to-be-reviewed video or eyewitnesses come forward that provides an even later time and location, beyond that of the on-the-bridge sighting?

A family member has reported having been shown surveillance video from one of the bars and commented, paraphrased, "[FONT=&quot]after finally viewing surveillance video" of DJ from one of the bars, he does not appear "as 'intoxicated' as people want you to believe.[/FONT]"

That comment makes it less likely that DJ 'accidentally fell in to the river' due to drunken lack of coordination, although unknown factors may come in to play.

There was no answer for WHEN, HOW nor WHY Paul Kochu ended up in a river, except that surveillance video was discovered that revealed PK was walking in a somewhat unstable manner while nursing a wounded hand. Such revelations could be considered as knowns, because it fit directly in with eyewitness reports and video.

At this point we do not know whether or not DJ ended up in a river nor in exactly what condition he may have been that evening but it seems there will be no answers forthcoming for this case, either.

A major issue? Pittsburgh surveillance cameras... and the lack of information regarding their functionality. One thought is, LE does not want the public to know which cameras actually work. Another thought is, city-powers-that-be are embarrassed by the fact many cameras were identified as not functional in one way or another and the issue had not yet been fully addressed in time to potentially provide answers to a distraught family and nervous public.

I don't think he accidentally fell into the river. It's near impossible. I also read there was footage of him on the Roberto Clemente bridge. But nothing further to confirm that. PPD also said they believe DJ was walking home to park view apartments on the north shore.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/police-sea...ny-river-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

bbm

The report does not indicate "last seen" for the "on the bridge" element of the case.

The report also does not indicate if the "seen at least one more time" element was on surveillance video, phone video or via eyewitness(es). The report also does not indicate a time-stamp for the "seen at least one more time" element, nor does it indicate how many times DJ was "seen" on the bridge "that night".

What if it occurred sometime earlier than the 11:46 p.m. Katz Plaza sighting? Given his walking path that does not seem likely. If it did occur after 11:46 p.m., what about the "at least one more time" element of the sighting? How many times was DJ "seen" on the bridge, or is that a CYA in case DJ is found on yet-to-be-reviewed video or eyewitnesses come forward that provides an even later time and location, beyond that of the on-the-bridge sighting?

A family member has reported having been shown surveillance video from one of the bars and commented, paraphrased, "[FONT=&quot]after finally viewing surveillance video" of DJ from one of the bars, he does not appear "as 'intoxicated' as people want you to believe.[/FONT]"

That comment makes it less likely that DJ 'accidentally fell in to the river' due to drunken lack of coordination, although unknown factors may come in to play.

There was no answer for WHEN, HOW nor WHY Paul Kochu ended up in a river, except that surveillance video was discovered that revealed PK was walking in a somewhat unstable manner while nursing a wounded hand. Such revelations could be considered as knowns, because it fit directly in with eyewitness reports and video.

At this point we do not know whether or not DJ ended up in a river nor in exactly what condition he may have been that evening but it seems there will be no answers forthcoming for this case, either.

A major issue? Pittsburgh surveillance cameras... and the lack of information regarding their functionality. One thought is, LE does not want the public to know which cameras actually work. Another thought is, city-powers-that-be are embarrassed by the fact many cameras were identified as not functional in one way or another and the issue had not yet been fully addressed in time to potentially provide answers to a distraught family and nervous public.

Excellent points on LE strategy

CM the last link you posted to WPXI has a timeline that is really goofy. Not sure if it is just poor journalism or as discussed previously the cameras were out of sync but they say he was seen at Katz at 11:46 and Wood Street at 11:49. His trail is reported in that article as going cold at Wood Street and this was after the Katz photo was release? Maybe the time line is right and he was walking in circles? Very confusing. Someone should clearly establish the spot he was last known to be. That is usually a good place to start when looking for something. Market Square, Clemente bridge, Wood Street, liberty and 6th, and Katz plaza have all been reported. Besides the shoddy reporting from WPXI stating was on the bridge is only a plausible assumption at this point.

The video you posted before mentioned he was reportedly seen by a camera perched atop one of the buildings along Fort Duquesne Blvd in the area of the Clemente Bridge. To my knowledge LE nor the family have acknowledged this.

It is weird that LE is not releasing the video giving a reason that it is potential evidence. Are they suggesting foul play?

I think we're on to something that many cameras owned by the city are inoperable.

CM the last link you posted to WPXI has a timeline that is really goofy. Not sure if it is just poor journalism or as discussed previously the cameras were out of sync but they say he was seen at Katz at 11:46 and Wood Street at 11:49. His trail is reported in that article as going cold at Wood Street and this was after the Katz photo was release? Maybe the time line is right and he was walking in circles? Very confusing. Someone should clearly establish the spot he was last known to be. That is usually a good place to start when looking for something. Market Square, Clemente bridge, Wood Street, liberty and 6th, and Katz plaza have all been reported. Besides the shoddy reporting from WPXI stating was on the bridge is only a plausible assumption at this point.

The video you posted before mentioned he was reportedly seen by a camera perched atop one of the buildings along Fort Duquesne Blvd in the area of the Clemente Bridge. To my knowledge LE nor the family have acknowledged this.

It is weird that LE is not releasing the video giving a reason that it is potential evidence. Are they suggesting foul play?

I think we're on to something that many cameras owned by the city are inoperable.

I have read the clocks might be off a few min on the cameras. I have also read that he was at the T station where a coworker got a uber at 11:39 not 11:49

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member