Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the bridge is currently under repair. It may not be the total renovation. I will check all 3 bridges tomorrow. I drive past on my way to work (about 2 blocks from there).

It is doubtful that there would be open spaces to fall through even during construction. I am a union ironworker in Pittsburgh. It is unheard of to leave holes uncovered that anyone could fall through--even during construction. I sure hope that's not the case!

I want to clear up some confusion: The Clemente Bridge (6th Street Bridge) is not under construction, and all traffic can pass over this bridge. The 6th Street bridge is where the news reported that the police have surveillance of Dakota walking over. The Warhol Bridge (7th Street Bridge) is closed due to construction; it is closed to both traffic and pedestrian walkers. It's important to keep these details straight.

Hi all,

First time posting in this thread, though I have been following this case since the beginning, since I am a native Pittsburgher and it reminds me of another case I became quite involved with, Paul Kochu's, including helping with searches. I know links to his thread were posted earlier. I strongly believe that the combination of young men, alcohol, cold nights, walking and water has led to many similar cases with sad outcomes. While tragic and sometimes puzzling, I don't believe these are the work of some mysterious serial killer(s), rather unfortunate circumstances and impaired judgement.

I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic about Dakota being found alive, and like many, believe that he will be found down river in a month or two, like Paul Kochu was. However, I do find it odd that the cadaver dogs found a scent on the river banks on the city side of the river, not the North Shore, when there is footage of him crossing the 6th Street bridge, correct? But the scent could be anything or anyone, since it's not specific to him.

If he is found in the river, I don't have a strong theory one way or the other, accident or foul play, though I don't think suicide is likely. Given the homeless encampment and the sometimes sketchiness of the North Side, foul play is certainly not out of the question in my mind. As far as surveillance cameras go, I think someone posted an article about the sad state of the surveillance cameras and how few of them publicly run actually work. I remember too that was the case with Paul Kochu, and then sometimes LE drags their feet or clues and leads come in too late to get footage from private cameras along the route. There has to be a better way! It's very frustrating to have a tool that could provide data only to have it not be available

Though I think LE would know by now, but seeing as how they just got warrants for his social media, a hookup gone wrong is a slight possibility but in Pittsburgh...eh, I really don't lean that way.

No matter what happened, prayers for strength for his family and friends, and for a quick resolution. Of course, hope for the best outcome, always.

A psychic named Seraphine Kefauver from Wellsville, PA reached out to police and the family via FB. She is telling them to search the area called the Commons right over the7[SUP]th[/SUP] street Bridge. She is also saying the number 158 keeps coming to her mind. She also said under the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] street Bridge on the side where the Commons are.

Hi all,

I'm afraid I'm not too optimistic about Dakota being found alive, and like many, believe that he will be found down river in a month or two, like Paul Kochu was. However, I do find it odd that the cadaver dogs found a scent on the river banks on the city side of the river, not the North Shore, when there is footage of him crossing the 6th Street bridge, correct? But the scent could be anything or anyone, since it's not specific to him.
Respectfully snipped by me for focus.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no footage of Dakota on the North Shore side, or at least none that has been found and/or released by LE. Yes, it was on the City side of the river that the cadaver dogs found a scent, in the area of 10th Street Bypass, according to this FB live video report:

https://www.facebook.com/CourtneyBrennanWPXI/videos/1464551983555872/

Google Earth Imaging showing the relevant area: https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...82225ff830f8e5c!8m2!3d40.4436947!4d-80.005045

A psychic named Seraphine Kefauver from Wellsville, PA reached out to police and the family via FB. She is telling them to search the area called the Commons right over the7[SUP]th[/SUP] street Bridge. She is also saying the number 158 keeps coming to her mind. She also said under the 7[SUP]th[/SUP] street Bridge on the side where the Commons are.

Where did you see that? I was just curious to read the post myself!

Where did you see that? I was just curious to read the post myself!

It is on his mothers FB (Pamela James) on her Saturday February 11th, 2017 post. If you scroll to the top early morning posts it's there.

7th street is closed due to construction. He is likely walking to the end of the alleyway, Scott Lane, and intended to turn left onto Ft. Duquesne Blvd. Since the 7th st Bridge is closed, it makes more sense to head towards the 6th to give him a more direct route home. That's the way I would go.

Cadaver Dogs are trained to detect a cadaver. IF DJ was attacked or thrown into the river, wouldn't it make sense that the physical properties that the dogs are trained to detect haven't yet occurred? Wouldn't that process take a couple of days at least? It certainly couldn't take place in the matter of minutes.

Cadaver Dogs are trained to detect a cadaver. IF DJ was attacked or thrown into the river, wouldn't it make sense that the physical properties that the dogs are trained to detect haven't yet occurred? Wouldn't that process take a couple of days at least? It certainly couldn't take place in the matter of minutes.

From the best of my knowledge-
Cadaver dogs are trained to detect decomp . And yes, decomp would not happen immediately.

A search and rescue dog on the other hand would possibly be able to provide other information like the route he may have walked, they could possibly even lead the handler to an article of clothing or possessions owned by the subject.

Different dogs have different purposes and are trained accordingly.

I have walked to the closed bridge several times. It is closed with a chain linked fence after crews leave. I can't see DJ scaling the fence to cross the bridge. I spoke to a construction worker on the bridge. He stated that even while under construction, it is protocol to cover holes in the floor of the bridge as a second line of security. If DJ is in the river, I don't believe it is because it's his fault. Someone put him there.

My theory is that there was in fact no "hit" by the dogs by the PPD. The family had started voicing their frustrations publicly and the citizens were following suit. I believe that the boats in the water, the dog's hit, the convenient appearance of the PD's public relations officer on the banks and a well timed news crew all point to the PPD trying to save face. They put those boats in the water right under everyone's noses. I am sure that any logically thinking person would know that if DJ ended up in the river, his body most certainly would not still be in that same spot 12 days later. If the PPD was serious about DJ being in the river, they would surely be looking further down stream. He'd likely be close to Ohio by now. Spin. Spin. Spin.

Right. There were two other searches with dogs. One was with bloodhounds. The second was with Search and Rescue Dogs. & Cadaver Dongs. None of those dogs found any scent trails. No hits at all. The PPD comes out and BAM first time out, they get a hit?
Suspicious.

He looks like he is on a mission in the surveillance photo and appears to be texting. Perhaps he got in a car and that is why the dogs lost his trail? The path PPD released doesn't line up with the photo at Katz? If the PPD trail is correct which I assume they have evidence to support this, it seems like he was wondering around in circles or looking for someone. There isn't a good place to stop and park while driving if you're trying to meet someone downtown. Maybe said driver got turned around DJ met at the parking garage near Katz or Fort Duquesne Blvd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/829288629734354945

He looks like he is on a mission in the surveillance photo and appears to be texting. Perhaps he got in a car and that is why the dogs lost his trail? The path PPD released doesn't line up with the photo at Katz? If the PPD trail is correct which I assume they have evidence to support this, it seems like he was wondering around in circles or looking for someone. There isn't a good place to stop and park while driving if you're trying to meet someone downtown. Maybe said driver got turned around DJ met at the parking garage near Katz or Fort Duquesne Blvd.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/829288629734354945
Very much like this idea.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads