Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wpxi.com/news/police-res...ny-river-for-missing-north-side-man/490995274

bbm

The only surveillance photo they have released so far is one showing James walking in Katz Plaza in downtown's Cultural District.

Authorities said the image was taken from video recorded at 11:46 p.m. on Jan. 25. Investigators said they now believe James may have been walking toward his home on the North Side, but officials said he was seen at least one more time that night on the Roberto Clemente Bridge.

That "but" seems out of place since being seen "walking toward his home" is not contradictory to DJ being last seen (in video) "on the Roberto Clemente Bridge". I suppose the "but" is to emphasize the Katz Plaza video is not the last to show DJ.

As for the phrase "on the Roberto Clement Bridge", what does that mean? Does the video lead the viewer to conclude DJ was walking toward the bridge or does it show DJ walking on a bridge sidewalk proper, past the approach intersection and the stairway (that leads to the Heritage Trail)? Is DJ shown on the north sidewalk on the bridge where the stairway is located or is he shown on the south sidewalk where there is no stairway? Is DJ shown walking on the deck (roadway / bike lane) of the bridge?

Is DJ seen still holding / viewing /using a phone or is the phone no longer in hand?

Is DJ still walking alone at that point ("on the bridge")?

Is anyone seen walking near / next to / behind DJ at that point ("on the bridge")?

Why is LE not releasing a screen capture of the "on the bridge" video?

What about these two sets-of-two of cameras located at the approaches to the bridge? Video from these cameras should have been obtained during the first week... assuming the cameras and recording equipment are *functional*.
attachment.php

attachment.php

ETA: I should have used "west sidewalk" and "east sidewalk" in place of "north sidewalk" and "south sidewalk", respectively. Or even, "left sidewalk" and "right sidewalk".

Attachments

• sixth street bridge - south approach.jpg
    sixth street bridge - south approach.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 403
  • sixth street bridge - north approach.jpg
    sixth street bridge - north approach.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 401
I worked at Allegheny Center for a few years, once he got past PNC Park walking toward Allegheny Center it gets dark and creepy , he had to pass East Commons projects to get to his apartment. I have walked this route many times from Pirates games but on a Wed at midnight I am sure no one is around. He is a victim of foul play for sure :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked at Allegheny Center for a few years, once he got past PNC Park walking toward Allegheny Center it gets dark and creepy , he had to pass East Commons projects to get to his apartment. I have walked this route many times from Pirates games but on a Wed at midnight I am sure no one is around. He is a victim of foul play for sure :(

Where is his apartment in North Side? Is that far from the bridge? I live in the Bloomfield neighborhood.

Where is his apartment in North Side? Is that far from the bridge? I live in the Bloomfield neighborhood.

It is probably a half mile or so to his apt from Roberto Clemente bridge (aka 6 street bridge) ... I wonder why LE won't release the video of DJ on the bridge. Has anyone heard of any updates from the search today?

It is approximately 2500 feet walking distance from the Roberto Clemente Bridge to the Park View Apartments building:

attachment.php

Attachments

• bridge to apt building.jpg
    bridge to apt building.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 359
News reports said that dogs were searching on the North Shore. Would that be across the bridge and on the North Side? If so, would that mean they thought he made it across the bridge towards home? I'm not from the area so I don't know the layout. I don't understand why police aren't releasing the picture of him on the bridge. I'm curious to know which which​ side he was walking on. If it was the right side, then there's not much chance that he descended the steps on the left side. Does anyone know where the search is being focused now? I haven't heard anything new for days. How

From reading this thread it appears that a cadaver dog was brought in, however, cadaver dogs pick up the scent of decomposition not so much a specific scent to a specific person.

Does anyone know if an area dog or trailing dog has been contacted? This may help tremendously in pinpointing Dakota's route since right now there seems to be so many different options.

In the case of Maricela Garcia who is currently missing in CA, area and trailing dogs were brought in (I believe)10 days after her disappearance. The dog was able to trail her to areas the family probably would have never thought to look at which has since lead to the discovery evidence and important information.

So, even though it has been quite some time, it doesn't hurt to try!

bbm

News reports said that dogs were searching on the North Shore. Would that be across the bridge and on the North Side? If so, would that mean they thought he made it across the bridge towards home? I'm not from the area so I don't know the layout. I don't understand why police aren't releasing the picture of him on the bridge. I'm curious to know which which​ side he was walking on. If it was the right side, then there's not much chance that he descended the steps on the left side. Does anyone know where the search is being focused now? I haven't heard anything new for days. How

Yes, "North Shore" is a neighborhood on the North Side, shown on this map within the red lines:

attachment.php

Attachments

• north shore on the north side.png
    north shore on the north side.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 293
I completely agree. There is something sinister going on In the Pittsburgh area for some time now. I hope that police will ask for help in solving these disappearances. Criminals don't think logically. They just do what they do. Random acts of violence towards young men. What could that mean ? What is the why? in their minds. Set aside the river. Where would someone who has been abducted be taken?

Another missing young man around same age and build as DJ. I think Pittsburgh has a problem http://thetab.com/us/ohio-state/201...-employee-reported-missing-pittsburgh-pa-8148

I think you're jumping to conclusions on this one. Did you read the whole story? He left work early in Columbus, Ohio and drove away on his own. His own family thinks he may be having medical issues. Because he was seen at a gas station next to a major highway that could potentially keep him going further east, you automatically assume someone in Pittsburgh is involved in harming him?

I completely agree. There is something sinister going on In the Pittsburgh area for some time now. I hope that police will ask for help in solving these disappearances. Criminals don't think logically. They just do what they do. Random acts of violence towards young men. What could that mean ? What is the why? in their minds. Set aside the river. Where would someone who has been abducted be taken?

i completely disagree that something "sinister" is going here. Random acts of violence towards young men?? Please provide links. Since this has been going on "for some time now," please provide links to the cases you speak of. I would like to get familiar with these facts you mention. Thank you.

You're right. May some of what I have been reading is disinformation. I will go back and try to find links to what I have read. Sorry. I need to choose my words more wisely.

Pittsburgh native here. Most people keep forgetting the Clemente Bridge is currently under construction. So is the bridge next to it. DJ would have had to walk to the 3rd bridge to safely cross. Unfortunately, I think he decided to chance it, went for the Clemente and fell through the bridge or off the bridge due to something construction related (hole to repair sidewalk/street, loose rail, etc.). Unfortunately, this bridge it so close to the Point (where the Monogahela and Allegheny rivers meet to form the Ohio) the currents are very strong. I think his body will eventually be recovered further down the Ohio River. This is just my personal theory. Honestly, I hope I am wrong.

Pittsburgh native here. Most people keep forgetting the Clemente Bridge is currently under construction. So is the bridge next to it. DJ would have had to walk to the 3rd bridge to safely cross. Unfortunately, I think he decided to chance it, went for the Clemente and fell through the bridge or off the bridge due to something construction related (hole to repair sidewalk/street, loose rail, etc.). Unfortunately, this bridge it so close to the Point (where the Monogahela and Allegheny rivers meet to form the Ohio) the currents are very strong. I think his body will eventually be recovered further down the Ohio River. This is just my personal theory. Honestly, I hope I am wrong.

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the forum!

The theory you suggest, unfortunately, is the one that makes most sense to me. This is also almost exactly what happened to 22-year-old Zachary Marr, who was last seen one year ago as of tomorrow, as described in the article below:

"Matthew Marr, Zachary’s father, said police recently contacted the family about the grim footage, which shows Marr on a walkway, and then walking on train tracks before he disappears into the water."
More at the link: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...harvard-man/pLMo6ls3KrMVveRGYDQFDM/story.html

Here is another article with a video showing search activities under the Charles River Railroad Bridge: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2016/02/...rr-missing-man-charles-river-railroad-bridge/

Still, it was three more weeks before Zachary's body was found after being spotted by someone walking nearby, not by searchers.
http://northendwaterfront.com/2016/03/body-zachary-marr-found-charles-river/

I just don't understand why this happens over and again ... :(.

But, even though the bridge is closed to cars, it is probably still open to walkers. Many people who work in the city park there and walk over Clemente bridge. Doubt it is closed to foot to traffic.

But, even though the bridge is closed to cars, it is probably still open to walkers. Many people who work in the city park there and walk over Clemente bridge. Doubt it is closed to foot to traffic.

Yes, a quick Google search shows only the Andy Warhol (7th Street) Bridge is currently under construction ("... the plan is to rehab Carson in 2018 and Clemente in 2020"):
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/tr...eover-to-begin-in-August/stories/201608010018

I'm not familiar at all with Pittsburgh, though, so please let me know if I am missing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay