Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he got kicked out of a bar, he could have been trying to go to another. If he crossed the Roberto Clemente Bridge, he might have taken the steps down to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail to take that way to Tequila Cowboy or a near-by bar. They are open until 2:30, and are very close to his apartment. (I am his age & if I am drunk and it is early, I want to find another bar to go to.)

There is no barricade along that trail. I feel that he might have gone that way and somehow ended up in the river.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 3riversheritageCapture.JPG
    3riversheritageCapture.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 260
  • websl_dak_Capture.JPG
    websl_dak_Capture.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 262
Have been following this case and thread for a while, but this is my first time posting.
I have wondered about human trafficking too.

And I would be on board with the theory that he was looking to go to another bar, but in the survellience picture that was released from Katz Plaze, he appears to be holding a 2 liter bottle of pop. Would he make the stop for pop if he planned to jump or if he planned to go to another bar?
This leads me to think he either a) needed it at home (meaning he was not planning to jump off the bridge intentionally) or b) was planning to meet up with someone or multiple someones somewhere and wanted it to drink.

and, also Ive wondered why he didnt just get an uber too. makes me think he had intentions on meeting someone, which is why he sent the co worker off on her own.
Ive even wondered if he is in the city at all? He couldve gotten a ride from someone (which if thats the case, anyone on the street would think nothing of it, because he wouldve willingly gotten into a vehicle)

there are so many unknown variables.

I can totally get behind this theory. It is the most logical explanation. As another poster above said, at that age, and with a few drinks under my belt, I'd be looking for one last drink before heading home. I have never been along the river at night. Is it well lit? Even so, it would not be hard to fall in if you were walking and texting--or if you'd had a few too many.
attachment.php
That drop off is no joke...

Attachments

• pnc.jpg
    pnc.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 209
If he got kicked out of a bar, he could have been trying to go to another. If he crossed the Roberto Clemente Bridge, he might have taken the steps down to the Three Rivers Heritage Trail to take that way to Tequila Cowboy or a near-by bar. They are open until 2:30, and are very close to his apartment. (I am his age & if I am drunk and it is early, I want to find another bar to go to.)

There is no barricade along that trail. I feel that he might have gone that way and somehow ended up in the river.
attachment.php
attachment.php

I never thought of that but that is a good point , that river trail would be a short cut to all those bars that are right past PNC park and yes they are all 2 blocks from his apartment. At 23 to hit up another bar at 11:30 would be the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far this case is almost identical to Zach Marr. All the questions about route, pings, whether he could have gotten in a car or fell into the river, LE releasing info about surveillance in frustrating, long intervals...and then finally in the end, they actually had him on video going through a trestle into the water and didn't tell anyone until they found his body 2 months later. While I don't think Koty fell into the river from the bridge, I think he did somehow end up there and will be found sooner than later.

It's easy to go in on either side. In fact, on one of the days when I went searching for Dakota, it was icy, and I was nervous about getting too close.

It's unbelievable that access is so easy, particularly given how many bars are in the area. If you find yourself down along the river's edge, it would be incredibly easy to fall in unintentionally.

Am I correct I need saying that all of the searches have been along the river? If so, there must be camera footage of him that has not been revealed to the public. Probably only family knows about it. Why else would they keep searching the river and nowhere else?

I can't say for sure what happened in the first several days. I read that the family combed the streets downtown and tried to talk to as many people as possible. When I got involved, it was maybe seven or eight days into the search. I searched back and forth across the bridges, in downtown, along the north side, and then along the trail. I believe the search has been limited to the rivers only in the last few days. I wondered if that happened as a result of the information that the parents may have gotten after they got power of attorney.

I posted earlier saying that the first thing I noticed when I went out for my first search was how many construction sites were on the downtown side and the north side. In one of the construction sites, there was an enormous tarp rolled up and I thought anything could be inside that tarp. I was obviously reluctant to go onto those sites not just because they were deserted and private property, but also because I thought it would be too easy to get hurt. It's unclear to me whether anybody official has gone through places like that. There are lots of pockets and deserted looking areas throughout all of these construction sites. It was eerie.

His aunt posted on 2/15 on the Dakota Search Party FB page that he did not make it to the 6th Street Bridge and it has been confirmed by police. The bridge is maybe a block from Katz and the alley way. Such a small window to disappear.

His aunt posted on 2/15 on the Dakota Search Party FB page that he did not make it to the 6th Street Bridge and it has been confirmed by police. The bridge is maybe a block from Katz and the alley way. Such a small window to disappear.

[emoji53] then they know something they are not releasing for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO, he must have discussed his late evening plans with his co-workers. When he didn't show up for work the next day, his work notified the authorities. Sounds like a hookup that went terribly wrong.

Good point Burgher. Who calls police in that scenario? I mean, he got cut off from the bar the night before. My first thoughts would have been he's sleeping it off...

ADMIN NOTE: Websleuths is a non-psychic zone.

Thank you.

I am from Pittsburgh. I'm not saying it can't happen, but the likelihood of someone accidentally falling into the river and drowning seems very slim. Yes there are currents, & it was night, & Dakota had been drinking. But this scenario does not seem likely. I think there is foul play involved. I hope that his family gets the answers they deserve. I think about them and Dakota every day.

Also, people walk. Yes, it would have been easy and cheap for him to grab an Uber. But I can totally understand him wanting to walk home regardless of if he had plans to meet someone or stop for another drink.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/c...sing-person-since-Jan-25/stories/201702200143

In this article Dakota's dad says "“And it was so like him. We saw him walking along, doing what he always does. Smiling, happy, texting, on his way home.”
I find it interesting that he says he was texting. Does that mean they know for sure he was texting someone? If so, is this possibly information being held back on purpose? I really want to know what he told the co-worker he was last with. Did he say I am walking home, going to meet someone, or what?

If he never made it to the bridge did he meet someone in that small area between Katz and the bridge? Maybe he walked down to Fort Duquense and got in a car with someone.

As far as construction sites - Unless they are not active during the day, wouldn't one of the possibly dozens of different type workers find him if he was there? And aren't they locked up securely after hours? My husband is in a trade and I know they leave tools and such at the job site and wouldn't do that unless things were secure.

A post was just made on the "News and Alerts in Western PA" page. All it says is, "Divers in the river by Coraopolis looking for Dakota James." Posted around 9:20 am.

A post was just made on the "News and Alerts in Western PA" page. All it says is, "Divers in the river by Coraopolis looking for Dakota James." Posted around 9:20 am.

Do you have a link? Thanks!

No link but there is live video of the search near Neville Iland on WPXI Facebook page.

"Crews search Ohio River for missing North Side man a day after vigil"
Updated: Feb 21, 2017 - 11:06 AM

"The search for a North Side man who disappeared more than three weeks ago brought crews to the Ohio River, near Neville Island, on Tuesday.

A search team used boats to scan the water for any signs of Dakota James, the search for whom has moved beyond the city of Pittsburgh."
http://www.wpxi.com/news/vigil-held-downtown-for-missing-north-side-man-/494703384

So would it be safe to assume this is downstream from where Dakota was last seen?
Google Earth: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cul...5a5f71b8cd!2m2!1d-80.1121493!2d40.5069633!3e2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!