Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have thought what if he met up with someone under the bridge by the river for a hook up (secluded, chilly, somewhat romantic, and outside) and decided he wasn't interested and that person wasn't what he expected. Politely said no thanks now and get pushed into water? Clothes weighing you down, water freezing, intoxicated, struggling to get back up making you panic and exhausted. Just because you rejected someone you thought was a good idea before you actually met them. It could happen.

Makes way more sense than anything else I have heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought what if he met up with someone under the bridge by the river for a hook up (secluded, chilly, somewhat romantic, and outside) and decided he wasn't interested and that person wasn't what he expected. Politely said no thanks now and get pushed into water? Clothes weighing you down, water freezing, intoxicated, struggling to get back up making you panic and exhausted. Just because you rejected someone you thought was a good idea before you actually met them. It could happen.

It could.

And if that's what happened it could have been an accident.

If DJ had arranged to meet someone around the area after his co worker friend left, and his phone has been recovered, i hope LE can still obtain phone data from his phone to see if he texted someone in that regard.

Hi my dear

what does that mean??

Nothing. It's just what it looked like to me - someone drew the XX smiley face and someone else added IV to make it XXIV.

I think it's random graffiti unrelated to Dakota.

No idea, could of been a joke/prank?
There's an artist's community in the south side. It could have been theirs.

One time when I was out in the early morning, I saw something that told a tiny story: A bottle of half-consumed liquor and a lacy red and black bra flung across it. That's some real art right there. [emoji4]

Nothing. It's just what it looked like to me - someone drew the XX smiley face and someone else added IV to make it XXIV.

I think it's random graffiti unrelated to Dakota.
Or some sick someone who is completely unrelated to Dakota who tagged the area to make it look like that smiley face killer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They know now how long he has been in water. That is the entire question slip and fall in on the 25th , or been murdered and tossed in after that.

Tox screen has nothing to do with nothing -- body produces ethanol in decomp . It is a fact .

They were IMO totally caught off guard when media started carrying moms FB post.

Hide story will go away and it will except us --------

I think the tox screen will absolutely have something to do with the manner of death and will help them lean one way or the other.

Who's to say drugs didn't play a role in an accidental death? They have to cover all their bases.

I am not by any means saying that the victim was a drug addict but among young people and especially in bars or clubs, drugs get passed around. It's a lot more common than people think.

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is with the tox report. It's standard for suspicious deaths...

I am glad your here. Can you come up with how you would NOT label a case homicide, if the body was placed in the river after death (Joey)?

Blows my brain!

I'm following this thread based on Dakota, I'm not familiar with the Joey that is being mentioned so would have to review it.

Someone being placed into the water after being killed is pretty suspicious... obviously the time and cause of death would play a huge role in figuring out if it was a homicide or not. It depends completely on the findings in the autopsy. Off the top of my head, the only way I think it wouldn't be suspicious is if for example someone died from a head injury on the edge of the water and moments later rolled into the water. I think this is highly unlikely though to be honest. It would be completely dependant on the time of death though. Minutes? Hours? Days?

Eliza Lam is a good example of this sort of suspicious water type death.

I think the tox screen will absolutely have something to do with the manner of death and will help them lean one way or the other.

Who's to say drugs didn't play a role in an accidental death? They have to cover all their bases.

I am not by any means saying that the victim was a drug addict but among young people and especially in bars or clubs, drugs get passed around. It's a lot more common than people think.

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is with the tox report. It's standard for suspicious deaths...

And people have also had their drinks spiked with drugs too. As far as i know anyone that dies in a public place tend to have autopsies and toxicology tests to rule out foul play.

I saw DJ'S mom post the have a arranged a funeral/burial for him in about 2 weeks. I guess that means they expect to have the body then. Some people on social media were urging her to hire an independent examiner to look. At DJ.

Here is an interesting article, some of the comments are interesting too.
https://cryptidantiquarian.wordpress.com/2016/02/20/bostons-mysterious-vanishing-men/

Agree, comments section got me thinking about the use of devil's breath. A related plant that grows in much of the USA and Pennsylvania is Datura/Nightshade/Jimson Weed.

Slack - "didn't know where he was"

Kochu - "emotional" broken glass, bleeding, disoriented

SWIK stated Yancoskie was seen after leaving his colleagues sprinting around downtown before his disappearance and was obviously disoriented. SM post by brother stated that he was seen leaning against a pole and was speaking with someone in a van.

There may be some similarities with Lipp also but I don't know much about the case.

Read some of these experiences with Datura. https://erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Datura.shtml

Would the authorities tox screen for nightshade?

Many of the reported experiences on the link people end up in the hospital or insane ward and the hospital has no idea what the subject ingested unless the subject outright tells them.

We don't have evidence of Dakota exhibiting delirious behavior but have some anecdotes of odd behavior such as getting booted from the bar and eating someone's pizza.

Other interesting note about the majority of experiences in the erowid link on Datura - The constant feeling of needing to pee....

Just a thought on the tox screen...

Being submerged/drown in freshwater (river) has an interesting effect on a person's blood. It actually dilutes the blood, making it difficult to get an accurate result from a tox screen.

Curious as to why his COD is dependent on a tox screen in this case. Beyond just having water in the lungs, there are hallmarks of drowning victims when they are found (face down/partially in the fetal position, cadveric spasm of hands, etc.). I understand the importance of the tox screen as an attempt to give a complete picture of MOD, but I'd think that COD would be pretty easily determined if this was an accidental drowning. To that end, how accurate will a tox screen be in this case, due to dilution of the blood?

It would be interesting to know how DJ's friend found him to be before she left him? Was he coherent, was he confused, how drunk did he seem, etc.? Although i'm sure LE have spoken to the person or anyone else he might have interacted with. If someone spiked his drink with anything i wonder how long it would be before it takes effect? And i would still like to know why he got asked to leave?

Just a thought on the tox screen...

Being submerged/drown in freshwater (river) has an interesting effect on a person's blood. It actually dilutes the blood, making it difficult to get an accurate result from a tox screen.

Curious as to why his COD is dependent on a tox screen in this case. Beyond just having water in the lungs, there are hallmarks of drowning victims when they are found (face down/partially in the fetal position, cadveric spasm of hands, etc.). I understand the importance of the tox screen as an attempt to give a complete picture of MOD, but I'd think that COD would be pretty easily determined if this was an accidental drowning. To that end, how accurate will a tox screen be in this case, due to dilution of the blood?

Good points, in any context it just seems that a month and a half would mess anything up in terms of accuracy.

...... but the tox results in these cases seems to be the "rap" up moo

And people have also had their drinks spiked with drugs too. As far as i know anyone that dies in a public place tend to have autopsies and toxicology tests to rule out foul play.

I kind of think that is like old school stuff. There are so many new drugs that they can't screen for

Bodies recovered from water are particular problematic to deal with owing to possible dilution of body fluids, decomposition, and enhanced risk of microbial synthesis of ethanol.

the scientific literature for articles dealing with postmortem aspects of ethanol and problems associated with making a correct interpretation of the results.

A person's blood-alcohol concentration (BAC) and state of inebriation at the time of death is not always easy to establish owing to various postmortem artifacts.

alcohol being produced in the body after death, e.g. via microbial contamination and fermentation is a recurring issue in routine casework.

If ethanol remains unabsorbed in the stomach at the time of death, this raises the possibility of continued local diffusion into surrounding tissues and central blood after death.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16782292

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24
Back