Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do you know the body was released to the family? I couldn't find anything in the news about that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

How are they going to have funeral???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How are they going to have funeral???

Per mom's post, funeral is on the 25th. That's another week and a half. Body might not have been released yet. The services taking place this week is a memorial service. No body needed.

Per mom's post, funeral is on the 25th. That's another week and a half. Body might not have been released yet. The services taking place this week is a memorial service. No body needed.

Read my answer below .

You usually do not plan a funeral without a body... I think body was released and now they have their own pathologist looking at body because they did not like the outcome of Pittsburgh autopsy...

I went through this with my own sisters murder. Autopsy does not take this long. They release body before blood analysis comes back. My sister's autopsy was done (and it was a very brutal murder ) in Pittsburgh by Dr. Wecht body was back in 3 days...

Can you imagine the back log of bodies they would have if it took this long???

Common sense would answer that one...

GO fund me update
$36,430 of $40k goal\\google images

Here is the first stop after the train

IMG_0774.jpg

I did not recall this order :

Mr. James was at Bar Louie in Station Square with co-workers until about 7:30 p.m.; took the T to Gateway Station in Downtown; walked to Diamond Market in Market Square, where they left at 9:27 p.m.; and went to 941 Saloon and Images bar on Liberty Avenue. He split from his friend, a female co-worker, around 10:30 p.m. at the Wood Street T station, where she was picked up by a ride-share vehicle.

http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2017/02/28/Search-ongoing-for-missing-Duquesne-University-grad-student/stories/201702280283

Was there ever any confirmation that he was actually there at the Uber pickup??

---How much time is involved in this segment?

( Bar Louie in Station )
took the T to Gateway Station

--How much time is involved in this segment? ; walked to Diamond Market in Market Square,

----How much time is involved in this segment?

Diamond Market in Market Square, where they left at 9:27 p.m.; and went to 941 Saloon
----How much time is involved in this segment?

941 Saloon and Images bar

Is it big deal to walk around on sidewalk a with cocktail? Or common etc?

I am trying to get to total time OUT ( not talking that kind of t/o!) from a bar - drinking - in the whole clump of time??

uber-driver-allegedly-tried-to-kidnap-pittsburgh-man

http://cdanews.com/2017/02/uber-driver-allegedly-tried-to-kidnap-pittsburgh-man/

Feb 22 article

claimed it happened on Valentine's day

There was one story that described a peculiar interaction between the driver and Dakota when he picked up his co worker ????

Do any of you remember this ?

Anyone know what area the co-worker lived in?

COuld he have piss3d off the driver and he came back ??

Creepy-- hey ya need a ride after dropping her off?

He was tired and decided to ??

Just speculating

UPDATE:
An Uber representative described the situation as a misunderstanding between the driver and the passenger.
Uber spoke with both parties and determined that it was simply a route dispute, according to spokeswoman Susan Hendricks.
Based on Uber's navigation system, the passenger's desired route was not taken, but the chosen route was not that far off from the desired route, Hendricks said.

http://www.wtae.com/article/man-streams-his-own-police-chase-on-facebook-live/9126461

BUNGLING Met Police cops are being investigated over whether “institutional homophobia” resulted in appalling failures to catch gay serial killer Stephen Port, who they fear has many more victims.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission is now examining “whether discrimination played a part in the actions and decisions” taken by officers in the bungled investigations.

Seventeen local officers have been notified they are being investigated by the police watchdog for potential misconduct offences.

Port was only captured after Jack’s family refused to accept the police decision that his apparent drug overdose at Abbey Green graveyard in September last year was not suspicious.
The Taylor family mounted their own investigation and discovered through simple internet checks how 25-year-old Jack’s death mirrored those of Daniel and Gabriel at the same location the previous year.

Their protests led to cops renewing inquiries and discovering a CCTV image of Jack meeting his killer at Barking rail station. A belated public appeal was conducted, which identified Port.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/22458...58-unsolved-deaths-linked-to-date-rape-drugs/

re: "going over the dam would have caused serious external damage to the body"
This is incorrect and so are your images. Hitting the water like this or floating through a damn is like hitting concrete. Anyone who has been tubing can tell you that and that the next day their bodies are filled with contusions and large bruises. I have participated in these searches for Dakota and lived in Pgh all my life. I have walked the same steps time and time again at the same time of night he did. Being in the water that long no one could identify if he were male or female let alone an ear. Dakota did not do this to himself, someone did this to him. They will be found, because now an entire city is engaged in this search for answers.

Thank you!!! This was exactly my point!!!

New member here.. I'm glad you posted this. I actually came across these Australian studies and wanted to post them but wasn't a member yet! We don't know exactly what happened of course but these statistics IMO shed a new light on the possibility of an accidental drowning. I keep thinking about the case of Zachary Marr (who I think was already mentioned on this thread) who apparently was caught on surveillance going right into the river. Why someone, drunk or not, would be attracted to walking right up to a river and/or getting in, is beyond me. But who knows. It's all very sad.

New member here.. I'm glad you posted this. I actually came across these Australian studies and wanted to post them but wasn't a member yet! We don't know exactly what happened of course but these statistics IMO shed a new light on the possibility of an accidental drowning. I keep thinking about the case of Zachary Marr (who I think was already mentioned on this thread) who apparently was caught on surveillance going right into the river. Why someone, drunk or not, would be attracted to walking right up to a river and/or getting in, is beyond me. But who knows. It's all very sad.

Wasn't ZM's case ruled a suicide? People enter rivers, oceans, and lakes when they want to kill themselves. There are threads and threads here about people who did just that.

Sad, I agree. Suicide is sad, scary, and often misunderstood.

Wasn't ZM's case ruled a suicide? People enter rivers, oceans, and lakes when they want to kill themselves. There are threads and threads here about people who did just that.

Sad, I agree. Suicide is sad, scary, and often misunderstood.

He fell through a large gap in the boards walking on the train track bridge.

Well welcome, It is my duty to warn you - the place can be wildly addictive.

If you have an addictive personality like I do , began to warn (I am single and Lady is here with me while I do my addiction to WS!) others in your life.

Tell your husband/wife/sign other that you love them but you will be gone for hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CARIIS - funny, I had noticed time stamps on your comments quite a few times and wondered when do you ever sleep??
Well welcome, It is my duty to warn you - the place can be wildly addictive.

If you have an addictive personality like I do , began to warn (I am single and Lady is here with me while I do my addiction to WS!) others in your life.

Tell your husband/wife/sign other that you love them but you will be gone for hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Poor Zachary.

I followed Zach intensely. He was my first missing person. ONly mo, but I believe Zach was passive suicide.

The week before he was devasted by the loss of his gmo. He spent days sitting in her house weeping. His life stopped. His next step was to go with his father and empty her apt

There was never ever any mention of a bio mom. Makes sense.It was bizarre- like non-existant and there was a lot of family on media.

Alcohol has never depressed me, but it is what it is! I think it took him to a dark place that night. He had just been around his family, it was freezing, he has no clue where he is at all , none.

.I think he just got to that place and decided I am over it, and stepped. There was also something spooky about it - I know sounds stupid- being the 13th.

In other pictures he looks a bit chunky - these that night look like profound (depression) weight loss.

I think that is why LE was so careful. He IMO did not stumble , he stepped.

There was lots of stuff in the beginning, wherein family went out of their way to mention college, work (from the beginning it hit me like a troubled, pained, youth, who was slowly getting it together).

It just stuck me as so peculiar. At his age to mention that he worked "full time" seemed as if that had been an issue. It is an odd thing to mention a lot at his age. Gut wise it was just "off" moo

IMO , from the beginning , dad and step mom were just odd. There were, IMO, family secrets that were dark.

For as long as I live I will never forget the two images released. The one from him next door. He was leaning forward, looking toward the door waiting for his family to come out. The way he is leaning. Yearning and scared.

Still breaks my heart :

zach2.jpg

And this one, like Dakota this does not look like an inebriated dude, He is trying to find his family to go home and get out of the cold:

............He looks so cold and scared ...........the left foot............. leaning into the phone................

Zackary%202_1455472712026_1675311_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Just mo obviously

CARIIS - funny, I had noticed time stamps on your comments quite a few times and wondered when do you ever sleep??

OT

OH sleep is elusive, !! I would be dead without my Lunesta .

It is paradise! It is not a sleeping pill - it is a hypnotic

It mirrors sleep onset, not druggy - ya got 6 minutes and you are in dream land!

Been on it for like 8 years, and it does not keep me down as long as it used to but without it I would end up psychotic!! .

There is a ritual! In one way its amazing , cause you have complete control (when you eat it!) over sleep!

It is like a switch. On Off. Peroid! There are several insomniacs here. It is like a decision, no different than putting on your shoes! Ok I will sleep now.

There is no sleeping pill (its not) hangover the next day. An extraordinary chemical!!

So, if we are doing our thing here, I get to where I put off taking it , but there is some comfort- in that I know all I need to do is take it and I will go down! As opposed to being on here till 3 in the morning , not being tired, and afraid I can't sleep.

Down the hatch and down i go !!

Poof!!!

Funny :

5 stars!

****** Highly recommended!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads