Found Deceased PA - Dakota James, 23, Pittsburgh, 25 Jan 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are numerous, very dangerous places in Pittsburgh where no guard rails exist to keep people from falling in the rivers. It is very easy to fall off into one of the rivers especially if you are drunk. Here is one example.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.42 AM.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 262
Here is another example:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.08.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.08.34 AM.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 251
I followed Zach intensely. He was my first missing person. ONly mo, but I believe Zach was passive suicide.

The week before he was devasted by the loss of his gmo. He spent days sitting in her house weeping. His life stopped.

There was never ever any mention of a bio mom. Makes sense.It was bizarre- like non-existant and there was a lot of family on media.

Alcohol has never depressed me, but it is what it is! I think it took him to a dark place that night. He had just been around his family, it was freezing, he has no clue where he is at all , none.

I think he just got to that place and decided I am over it, and stepped.

I think that is why LE was so careful. He IMO did not stumble , he stepped.

There was lots of stuff in the beginning, wherein family went out of their way to mention college, work (from the beginning it hit me like a trouble youth, who was slowly getting it together).

IMO , from the beginning , dad and step mom were just odd. There were IMO family secrets that were dark.

For as long as I live I will never forget the two images released. The one from him next door. He was leaning forward, looking toward the door waiting for his family to come out.

Still breaks my heart

zach2.jpg

And this one, like Dakota this does not look like an inebriated dude, He is trying to find his family to go home and get out of the cold:

He looks so cold and scared

Zackary%202_1455472712026_1675311_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Just mo obviously

I followed Zachary Marr's case too and it is very sad for those that are left behind to grieve their loss of presence in this life. Zach is safe now in Grandma's arms, may they both rest easy, :rose::rose:

Here are more:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.17 AM.png
    806.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 12.02.00 AM.png
    707.1 KB · Views: 234
Here are more:
attachment.php

attachment.php

I wonder why Dakota would be heading toward the river though? It just seems odd to me. He would of been heading home or to another bar i would think if he wasn't ready to go home yet?
Perhaps as others have mentioned he could of been going to the area if he was going to meet up with someone?

I followed Zachary Marr's case too and it is very sad for those that are left behind to grieve their loss of presence in this life. Zach is safe now in Grandma's arms, may they both rest easy, :rose::rose:

Did suicide hit you ??

I wonder why Dakota would be heading toward the river though? It just seems odd to me. He would of been heading home or to another bar i would think if he wasn't ready to go home yet?
Perhaps as others have mentioned he could of been going to the area if he was going to meet up with someone?

And it was early..............................

Did suicide hit you ??

I'm not really sure about suicide in his case? I'm sure he was grieving as we do when we lose a loved one, but being that it was his grandmother it is expected at some stage a grandparent will die. I guess if there were other issues in his life to compound his grief it's a possibility, but wouldn't like to say definitely. If he was very drunk? which i don't know because i would have to go back and read up again, but alcohol or any other substance is not recommended when dealing with a loss of a loved one. I wonder if he had a good support system for dealing with his issues too? If there is no sign of someone wanting to commit suicide and no note left behind i think it is very difficult to determine. It could be his death was just an accident IMO.

And it was early..............................

Yes i agree it was early in the night, and depending what his schedule was for the following day, he might have not wanted to stay out too late anyway?

I still haven't seen some very basic questions answered in this case either. Was DJ into drugs at all? I'm not talking about heavy duty drugs but like a lot of young adults they enjoy smoking a bit of weed these days? Is it possible he was trying to score a bit of weed and something nefarious happened with that meeting? Someone handing off some drugs would want to do it in an inconspicuous place where it is fairly private and where they wouldn't be seen? Just another angle i thought of for DJ being where he was? Hopefully the toxicology report will determine that. I think THC stays in the system for about 2 weeks, but i don't know if it's still detectable after someone dies?

I followed Zach intensely. He was my first missing person. ONly mo, but I believe Zach was passive suicide.

The week before he was devasted by the loss of his gmo. He spent days sitting in her house weeping. His life stopped. His next step was to go with his father and empty her apt

There was never ever any mention of a bio mom. Makes sense.It was bizarre- like non-existant and there was a lot of family on media.

Alcohol has never depressed me, but it is what it is! I think it took him to a dark place that night. He had just been around his family, it was freezing, he has no clue where he is at all , none.

.I think he just got to that place and decided I am over it, and stepped. There was also something spooky about it - I know sounds stupid- being the 13th.

In other pictures he looks a bit chunky - these that night look like profound (depression) weight loss.

I think that is why LE was so careful. He IMO did not stumble , he stepped.

There was lots of stuff in the beginning, wherein family went out of their way to mention college, work (from the beginning it hit me like a troubled, pained, youth, who was slowly getting it together).

It just stuck me as so peculiar. At his age to mention that he worked "full time" seemed as if that had been an issue. It is an odd thing to mention a lot at his age. Gut wise it was just "off" moo

IMO , from the beginning , dad and step mom were just odd. There were, IMO, family secrets that were dark.

For as long as I live I will never forget the two images released. The one from him next door. He was leaning forward, looking toward the door waiting for his family to come out. The way he is leaning. Yearning and scared.

Still breaks my heart :

zach2.jpg

And this one, like Dakota this does not look like an inebriated dude, He is trying to find his family to go home and get out of the cold:

............He looks so cold and scared ...........the left foot............. leaning into the phone................

Zackary%202_1455472712026_1675311_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Just mo obviously
I also followed Zachary Marr's case and I just couldn't let this go by without commenting.

I strongly and respectfully disagree with you. I do not think Zach committed suicide. He left the bar 20 min or so before closing with no jacket, on one of the coldest nights of the winter, to have a quick smoke. The bar locked the doors and Zach could not get back in. I've always thought that he was looking for a place to keep warm, followed tracks looking for the train station and fell through the tracks that should have been boarded up due to maintenance work.

A sad chain of events, but not suicide.

But this is Dakota’s thread and not intended to hijack.

I suspect DJ toxicology and autopsy reports will not be forthcoming until at least some tome has passed *after* his hometown funeral is completed.

His mom has repeatedly stated that he did not do drugs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I appreciate the warning ... though you might be too late! I became addicted before I was a member then I decided I need to participate. And now it may only get worse from here :)

Well welcome, It is my duty to warn you - the place can be wildly addictive.

If you have an addictive personality like I do , began to warn (I am single and Lady is here with me while I do my addiction to WS!) others in your life.

Tell your husband/wife/sign other that you love them but you will be gone for hours !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He does look so cold, and that breaks my heart. Didn't video evidence say he never tried to get back in? Not sure how accurate that was since I don't remember what source it came from. How much we wonder what goes on inside other people's heads...

But yes you're right, this is Dakota's thread. Sometimes it's hard not to bunny trail into similar cases.. may add my additional comments to ZM's thread if there's still one open

I also followed Zachary Marr's case and I just couldn't let this go by without commenting.

I strongly and respectfully disagree with you. I do not think Zach committed suicide. He left the bar 20 min or so before closing with no jacket, on one of the coldest nights of the winter, to have a quick smoke. The bar locked the doors and Zach could not get back in. I've always thought that he was looking for a place to keep warm, followed tracks looking for the train station and fell through the tracks that should have been boarded up due to maintenance work.

A sad chain of events, but not suicide.

But this is Dakota’s thread and not intended to hijack.

His mom has repeatedly stated that he did not do drugs.

As per my post earlier i was wondering if that was a possibility, but then i don't do social media Facebook etc. so have no idea what his mother said, and can't recall having read about it on here, so if his mother says so that's ok. and won't discuss it further.
I must say though having a young adult son around the same age, i certainly don't know everything he does being that he is a young adult, and he only tells me things he wants me to know, and he lives at home but isn't at home much either.

As per my post earlier i was wondering if that was a possibility, but then i don't do social media Facebook etc. so have no idea what his mother said, and can't recall having read about it on here, so if his mother says so that's ok. and won't discuss it further.
I must say though having a young adult son around the same age, i certainly don't know everything he does being that he is a young adult, and he only tells me things he wants me to know, and he lives at home but isn't at home much either.

I would tend to agree. Can't really imagine hey mom really enjoying work, and dropped some extasy last weekend!

He does look so cold, and that breaks my heart. Didn't video evidence say he never tried to get back in? Not sure how accurate that was since I don't remember what source it came from. How much we wonder what goes on inside other people's heads...

But yes you're right, this is Dakota's thread. Sometimes it's hard not to bunny trail into similar cases.. may add my additional comments to ZM's thread if there's still one open

jmo, I think it is the way the mind works, to link and connect to previous "events" with the current ones.

Its kinda IMO how we make sense of the world.

Rarely is an aviation disaster discussed without referring to an earlier one.

Any terrorist attack same thing.

IMO, its like a flow, and does not distract from Dakota, but put him in the too long a list of mysterious occurrences with many similar events

There are broad categories - Up To The Minute, Crimes in the News etc etc . There are broad categories that get narrowed down, but IMO do not diminish the main focus of any event.

moo

I would tend to agree. Can't really imagine hey mom really enjoying work, and dropped some extasy last weekend!

I agree w you both but as the parent of a 20something I do know they are way more open about it than I ever was w my parents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty
Back