Found Deceased PA - Dana Kristine Smithers, 45, Stroudsburg, 28 May 2022 *found in 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the phone was with her and made it home. I didn't see anything about a husband/boyfriend. Who was with her daughter ( if anyone). Any reports of a disturbance at her home? Was her house locked? IMO
That's a good question. @prettynameless said Dana is well known in the community. Is she so well known that she felt safe enough to leave her house unlocked while at her friend's house? I'm sure the festival attracted people not from that town that possibly had criminal intentions or looking for crimes of opportunity.

MOO

Last edited:
What day and time was she noticed missing? I didn't see report on that? Last seen at neighbor/friend around 11pm. Her cell phone is being reported back at her home. She could have gone missing at 3am or 7am, when was she reported missing? Also, the neighbor friend can't possibly be the only one who has camera's etc. They need to go to every neighbor in that area and see if they can pinpoint her leaving and if she left with someone. IMO

This case has my heart aching, as we share a name, an approximate age, a child of the same age, and live only about an hour apart. I admire how she was working so hard to live well - anyone who is described as taking an anxiety med ‘religiously‘ has my respect for her self-awareness and self-care. I imagine if I were close with her, I’d be loathe to commentate on past relationships, especially given a vulnerable child; I am confident police are looking at that, statistically speaking. I ask this next part as a woman who likes her glass of wine at night: is there a possibility that after a rockin’ festival and rather late, she was inebriated? no judgment here, curious about possibility of confusion.

That's a good question. @prettynameless said Dana is well known in the community. Is she so well known that she felt safe enough to leave her house unlocked while at her friend's house? I'm sure the festival attracted people not from that town that possibly had criminal intentions or looking for crimes of opportunity.

MOO
This case has my heart aching, as we share a name, an approximate age, a child of the same age, and live only about an hour apart. I admire how she was working so hard to live well - anyone who is described as taking an anxiety med ‘religiously‘ has my respect for her self-awareness and self-care. I imagine if I were close with her, I’d be loathe to commentate on past relationships, especially given a vulnerable child; I am confident police are looking at that, statistically speaking. I ask this next part as a woman who likes her glass of wine at night: is there a possibility that after a rockin’ festival and rather late, she was inebriated? no judgment here, curious about possibility of confusion.
Since this is a public forum, I'm going to choose my words very carefully both for the reasons caradana mentioned and also because Dana is fairly private when it comes to sharing personal details about her life online. Offline, she's an open book, but online is a different story. Yes, it's possible the house was unlocked. I'm not sure where her daughter was at the time. P is very close to her siblings (Dana's older kids are both in their 20s) and her aunt (Dana's sister), so she could have been with any of them. I can't comment on whether she WAS inebriated because I wasn't there, but it is possible. I'm sorry, I know that's very vague, but I'm trying to find a balance between respecting her (and her family's) privacy while also trying to help find my friend. :(

Did Dana walk from the Happy Hour Grill to her home on Stokes Ave? Google Maps shows the distance to be about a 10 minute walk.

Did she happen to meet someone new at the bar and make plans later that night? Her cellphone may hold some important information.

Do any of the other neighbors in her neighborhood have doorbell camera's?

Did Dana walk from the Happy Hour Grill to her home on Stokes Ave? Google Maps shows the distance to be about a 10 minute walk.

Did she happen to meet someone new at the bar and make plans later that night? Her cellphone may hold some important information.

Do any of the other neighbors in her neighborhood have doorbell camera's?
I'd be interested to have the doorbell camera's video examined before she went missing, and after to see if any suspicious persons or vehicles were caught on camera.
Also, it would be interesting if video footage of surrounding businesses near the festival may have caught Dana on camera- either while there or while walking home- and whether or not someone was tailing her.

There's a ring video in this article. Dana seems to be carrying her phone and maybe keys (?), which could mean she locked the door. Not sure how she usually walks, but she doesn't appear to be stumbling once off the stairs, so hoping she wasn't too intoxicated, if at all.

There's a ring video in this article. Dana seems to be carrying her phone and maybe keys (?), which could mean she locked the door. Not sure how she usually walks, but she doesn't appear to be stumbling once off the stairs, so hoping she wasn't too intoxicated, if at all.

Article also mentions that she takes anxiety medication regularly, but it was left behind in the home

I've been digging a bit and I can't find any information on searches for her. It appears that there hasn't been one search for Dana and she's been missing for over 3 weeks now. Mind boggling.
There hasn't been an organized search , friends and family wanted to do one but were requested to cancel the search by the police until they narrow down an area to search.

So the phone was with her and made it home. I didn't see anything about a husband/boyfriend. Who was with her daughter ( if anyone). Any reports of a disturbance at her home? Was her house locked? IMO
In the ring footage, you can see Dana putting the phone in her back pocket as she's leaving her friend's house. However that same phone was located at her house. She lives in a mother/daughter type home with relatives that also reside there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoohoo27
Back