SOLVED PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *armed with rifle, extremely dangerous* *Captured* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An interview with the man whose boots were stolen! And for those interested in the Delaware/Philly area accent, this man has it! Esp when he says "boots"!

The shoes were brazenly stolen, IMHO.

DC's white prison shoes were left on the driveway and the boots were stolen from the back patio, so he was wandering around the house ! LE showed up at his house because the sighting of DC in the field was called in and he says it was "just across the street" It does not appear much time elapse between the sighting and LE showing up only to find the white shoes on the driveway. Sort of like minutes, not hours. WHOOOAH.

He shows us where the boots were and it is on a very small covered back porch area that is sort of cluttered with the lawn mower and some stuff, actually visible but somewhat behind the lawnmower.

And only about 5 feet from the back door o_O

This is very brazen and really speaks to desperation and aggression.

The couple, who appear to be late 60's or so were in their home at the time and she had returned from the grocery story not too much ahead of this episode.

Horrifying.

So how do you all feel about helicopters vs drones?
I just wonder about all the noise of the helicopters - if it creates more problems like:
- covers noises the suspect is making - the dogs and people can't hear him
- distracts the dogs
- distracts the horses
- consumes a ton of fuel

From the footage I'm seeing the helicopters take, I just wonder couldn't drones do that?

The only advantage I can think of of a helicopter is the psychological battle which is tiring out the suspect, knowing they are hunting him.

Unless there is something I'm missing - maybe there are armed officers in the helicopter etc.

Thoughts?
MOO nothing woild raise morale like a helicopter half a mile away circling someplace you never had been. Also they just are too loud and vulnerable to rifle fire if they fly too low.
MOO Drones way better.

Last edited:
Another day gone by. It's dark there now right?
At least last night's sighting and events is some progress since a perimeter is now in place.
Yet, he snuck out of the Longwood area.
Police need to be practically shoulder to shoulder on those roads to at least keep the guy within.
He can't steal a vehicle in there either, no way to just drive out.

I just hope he doesn't do something more dangerous and desperate, like taking hostages.

With anticipated clouds and the waning moon, it is going to be dark tonight. That probably plays into his hands.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Agree. IME it doesnt get pitch black in a forest even with heavy cloud cover at night. Even in dense parts of the Amazon where there are various canopies of different heights and levels, some light will filter through.

Danelo has got used to this, using his sensory capacities, especially if has no radio or other device.

He is very savvy, very agile, determined and of a highly criminal disposition and desperation.

But he is not Tarzan, there will come a limit to his rough sleeping and survival techniques, because as we have seen clearly, he is highly dependent on the urban population.

And he will become increasingly dangerous as this need prospers and he thinks he can get away with it or blow a bullet into his own skull.

It must be so dark in those woods overnight. He has a flashlight now, but he almost can’t use it without risking giving up his position.
A flash light can be a big no no. You are so concentrated on looking down for a path before you that you dont look up and end up knocking yourself out against a big tree!

As @PAStatePolice continue the manhunt for convicted killer Danelo Cavalcante. The anniversary of the fatal shooting that sparked the manhunt of Eric Frein happened today in 2014. Cpl Bryon Dickson ( pic below) was mortally wounded & Trooper Alex Douglass was seriously injured.

The manhunt for escaped killer Danelo Cavalcante is continuing to unfold in Chester County, Pennsylvania. Follow along with FOX 29's Chris O'Connell who is tracking the latest updates as they happen from the scene.

Sighting unfounded/they are getting these types of calls all day, and last confirmed sighting of DC, was yesterday at the time he was shot at and DC stole the rifle, according to Fox29's CO.

Last edited:

Owen J. Roberts School District to stay shut for Danelo Cavalcante search

"Please know that the decision to close schools tomorrow will not change, even if the escaped inmate from Chester County Prison is apprehended tonight," the Superintendent said in an email sent to parents. "Our school sites are currently being used to support law enforcement initiatives, and we also recognize that many of our families have been under a tremendous amount of stress...

Owen J. Roberts School District to stay shut for Danelo Cavalcante search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back