PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Philly is steaming live from a helicopter.

I'm convinced by that LifeVac ad that I need to carry one with me in my car. !!!

The LE helicopter has been circling for about half an hour. There what looks like a Philadelphia TV copter in the same area, I hope they are observing save air distances, they seem to be awfully close

DBM

I was mistaken

There was a different prisoner that escaped from the same jail in the US in May 2023, but was caught. As a result, the jail put barbed wire over the top of the wall that was scaled, but Cavalante appears to have used something to pad his arms getting through that barbed wire and another set of barbed wire to escape

My mistake.

Last edited:
Same. There were two prison escapes, him being the second person, but when he murdered in Brazil I thought he just fled the country. Did he escape a Brazilian prison?

I was incorrect: He was not in prison in Brazil
The Associated Press reports that Cavalcante is currently wanted in connection to a 2017 murder in Brazil and that authorities believe he came to the United States illegally after first fleeing to Puerto Rico to escape that charge. According to the Chester County district attorney’s office, authorities believe Brandao discovered that there was an open warrant against Cavalcante in Brazil, and threatened to turn him in to law enforcement.

Beautiful countryside and lush! I can see where he could be hiding for some time.
Yes indeed. Even more rural than the Longwood area with higher hills, and more distance between homes which will make it harder for him to burglarize for food unless he gets lucky with another vehicle. I don’t know a thing about hotwiring cars, but I have read that it’s almost impossible to do with newer ones.

Kia & hyundai are being stolen alot in baltimore.

That’s awful! Even hubby said he didn’t think one could Hotwire a modern car as it’s all so electronic. Hmm… (Why does autocorrect keep capitalizing Hotwire no matter how many times I retype it?)

I also imagine many more homes are armed than in the Longwood area, so he may regret winding up in rural central PA.

If he weren't a killer and fugitive, this guy with his resourcefulness could have been a brilliant special ops guy.

He still could be, theoretically, he has everything for it, but a special ops guy, still, has to be minimally predictable. It should be a very short special op then. Well, let us watch. As long as he doesn't hurt anyone now, it is quite a case. One wishes we could read a book about it. BTW - not sure his relatives are helping him, but for people living around, who have been through jail, his wish to stay free probably feels commendable. JMO. I doubt that anyone left the car on purpose, though, not these days.

I believe he has an excellent history of being able to hide out or travel undercover.

Supposedly hid out for weeks in the Amazon after his first murder then makes it to Puerto Rico by boat.

And this is not his first prison escape. He should have been under much heavier prison control. Maybe his small size made him seem less dangerous

WOW! He has smart. I don't think it is a size, I think it is his average looks, he can easily blend in. Also, probably being naturally smart. BTW, I think that he got that "warrior gene" (slow MAO), they are scared of even in prisons. It would be interesting to find out the circumstances of his first murder.

Just in case if I am right - these people's reaction to average circumstances is the same as everyone else's, but they become deadly when they feel "dissed". Just in case someone meets him accidentally. I shall find articles.

ETA: this is one but not what I was looking for yet

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of troopers out and about but they are in their cars, how can they catch him driving the roads, unless he has a new ride?

Yes, and with his agility, he could work in Cirque Du Soleil, and instead, he is being hunted in two countries, is a double murderer and it won't end well for him.
He could have had so much promise working in a circus, working in LE, as a literal spy, so many different fields, clearly he is smart and very agile, and he wasted it all away by murdering people! He really could have been something. Instead he killed people and crab-walked frantically into the woods. What a shame for his victims.
I believe he has an excellent history of being able to hide out or travel undercover.

Supposedly hid out for weeks in the Amazon after his first murder then makes it to Puerto Rico by boat.

And this is not his first prison escape. He should have been under much heavier prison control. Maybe his small size made him seem less dangerous
Seriously, he hid out in the freaking Amazon and traveled to Puerto Rico from there??? Oh Lord...that is NOT an easy feat.
If he weren't a killer and fugitive, this guy with his resourcefulness could have been a brilliant special ops guy.
Yes, he is clearly very agile and an intelligent man, if he chose a different path by not murdering people he could have had quite a successful career doing very interesting and important things. It really is a shame not only for his victim(s) (obviously far more than him), but himself also. A great reminder of why we all need to make good choices in life. JMO
There seems to be a lot of troopers out and about but they are in their cars, how can they catch him driving the roads, unless he has a new ride?
Yeah I'm really not sure how anyone would catch him like that.

This certainly paints a much different picture.

While he was "surrounded" in a small area, he was captured smiling on video 30 miles away with a new look and a new ride.

I have family in LE and strongly support them, but he is making LE look like the fool.

If he was truly "contained", every car in that area should have been stopped for a brief search. That might not have stopped his escape, as it appears the van was stolen outside the containment area, but it would have been good a good procedure especially with he amount of troopers we saw sitting in their cars.

We may not have seen the last of the resignations.

For now, we can hope for his over confidence carelessness from out-foxing LE.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

I assume that’s what they’re waiting for, a report of a stolen car, or to spot him crossing a road, or just to be local and available if he’s spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay