PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is quite an ordeal and amazing that it is going on this long. The ability to elude, whether due to location, ability, contacts, help, or terrain seems to compounds things.

What is to prevent him to returning to the apparent nice environs of the Longwood Gardens if the ‘heat’ is taken off of that large location?

Does it seem premature to open that already?

Sure hope that area is fully secure and watched as well. As others suggest too, schools and other local businesses and locations also need be on watch.
MOO

What if they simply drop their plan, to catch him? Because 1) this is what he is very good at, escaping 2) he is several steps ahead of them and 3) how much money, manpower or dogs can we spend on one criminal?

Try to minimize the danger to the people around because this is the main thing. Useless to ask his relatives to appeal to him to give in; he won't. Useless to spend the time and money to catch him, it is not about how he made the cops look.

(Keep in mind that many people are absolutely against helping LEO. I think that the only thing working against him in central PA is that he is Brazilian and the locals are anti-immigration.)

What do we need as the country since he can't be used for any decent job?

That he is out of the US. Anywhere. I don't care where, but he is not safe for us mostly by his presence here.

Negotiate with him and oust him out safely. I thought that to start with, he had to be in Brazilian prison, the place of his first offense. Let him live somewhere where there is the concept of blood revenge, and families don't forget. If here, he'd be fine, then get into drugs again (JMO) and commit another crime.

I know that my opinion is against everyone else's, but I am always for harm reduction. He will be a danger to us once he merges with our street population and uses the stuff they buy, K-2 or meth. Now, he is lucid and that helps him; but he also doesn't attack the locals.
He hasn’t attacked the locals YET, you mean. He is clearly a danger to other people. He murdered a woman that at least at one time, meant something to him. What would he do to somebody who means nothing to him, if they upset his plans?

How lucky for him, he finds a van with the keys in it! You can't make this up.
Wonder if that’s one of places he used to work, so maybe knows Dairy Co leaves keys in vans - Either that or he has connection who works there and set keys/open van up for him… That’s definitely accessory to crime, if later scenario was the case.

Going on a bit of a tangent, but I'd like to visit the place someday while on a road trip. I never heard of it before! Maybe, just maybe, the publicity will be make others want to visit too.

jmo

It really is beautiful. I try to go in the spring/summer once and then again around Christmas because they put lights all over everything. I'd encourage a visit, and this is coming from someone who isn't really a big flowers/garden person.

He hasn’t attacked the locals YET, you mean. He is clearly a danger to other people. He murdered a woman that at least at one time, meant something to him. What would he do to somebody who means nothing to him, if they upset his plans?
Exactly! They need to take him down & soon. Lethally would be best; He’s too skilled at escaping & is obviously extremely violent killer & all of us are potential victims! They’ve definitely got to take him down or his murdering will continue. IMO

He’s a general danger and needs to be captured - but - 76% of women and 56% of men know their attacker personally (bureau of justice data)
Unless he goes completely nuts I actually think there’s a low risk of harm to people who are strangers to him.
MOO
We’ve seen him not harm at all the family whose home he entered.

He’s a general danger and needs to be captured - but - 76% of women and 56% of men know their attacker personally (bureau of justice data)
Unless he goes completely nuts I actually think there’s a low risk of harm to people who are strangers to him.
MOO
Yet. We’ll see-would you want him in your house?

A press conference to provide an update on the search for Cavalvante will be held at 2 p.m. today at the Po-Mar-Lin Fire Company, at 36 Firehouse Dr, Kennett Square. Lt. Col. Bivens will be speaking. The Chester County DA's Office will host the livestream on their Facebook page.

MOO
In Brazil, he shot someone 9 times for refusing to pay a repair bill. That seems impulsive, reactionary, and not very personal-relationship-oriented to me. He stabbed his EX-girlfriend 38 times in front of her children - this to ensure she could never tell LE he was wanted for the murder in Brazil.

I think what matters with this guy is whether the person in question stands between him and what he wants. So, any person who might see and recognize him and be willing to share that info with LE is at risk.

I think it very likely he values his own regained freedom substantially more than he values any stranger's life or safety, so I think it is not worth the potential error of assuming there is a low risk of harm to people who are strangers to him.

Just some thoughts…

—his hide and seek game with LE in this small area is unsustainable for him. He has proven elusive but it takes him nowhere. Winter will not be his friend.
—if he truly wants to escape he has to get farther away and the Mexican border is probably his best bet. He can’t walk there, he will need a car.
—He stole the easy target dairy van but may have to resort to more violent carjacking to get out of the area. The fact that he hasn’t already and that he let the van run out of gas indicates to me he has no weapons with him to rob individuals or businesses for cars or money. Of course LE should still assume he is armed.

I hope they find him today.

Yet. We’ll see-would you want him in your house?
Exactly! There’s no pity or kudos for this violent brutal murderer, just because he’s not YET someone in his escape. He’s a dangerous savage beast who needs to be taken OUT. ASAP. If he enters any properties of the MANY gun owners in PA, they also have every right to protect themselves & shoot him down. So many are licensed gun owners & able to legally carry their guns with them. Let him encounter one of those, before he takes over an innocent elderly person living alone! No passes for this 2 time (that we’re aware of -could be more) killer. Zero Tolerance. Nope! He’s gotta be taken DOWN. He should’ve been executed immediately since 100% proven GUILTY or taken straight to MAX SECURITY STATE PRISON placed on Death Row. Why are Violent Repeat Killers given “LIFE” sentences at all? They are absolutely still a threat to Rest of Us if kept alive. He’s escaped before this & he’ll escape again if kept alive to do so. That’s NOT RIGHT for Rest of Us to have to live in fear of this happening again and again! IMO

In Brazil, he shot someone 9 times for refusing to pay a repair bill. That seems impulsive, reactionary, and not very personal-relationship-oriented to me. He stabbed his EX-girlfriend 38 times in front of her children - this to ensure she could never tell LE he was wanted for the murder in Brazil.

I think what matters with this guy is whether the person in question stands between him and what he wants. So, any person who might see and recognize him and be willing to share that info with LE is at risk.

I think it very likely he values his own regained freedom substantially more than he values any stranger's life or safety, so I think it is not worth the potential error of assuming there is a low risk of harm to people who are strangers to him.
EXACTLY TRUE & FACTUAL!!

I agree about that ring camera footage. And in today's press conference, PSP Lt Col Bivens said that the former co-worker (whom Cavelcantes had attempted to contact by arriving at his front door) viewed the ring footage that night after returning home from dinner with his family, but contacted LE about it in the morning. Given the manhunt underway, that delay seems odd.

ETA: Reviewing the press conference again, Lt Col Bevin says the former co-worker reported the attempted contact by Cavalcantes at around 12:30 am (which is about 2-1/2 hours after Cavalcantes attempted contact through the ring camera and about 2 hours after the co-worker returned home and viewed the camera footage). That is at 2:20 in press conference, video link video here:

So, it was not morning as in "around the time you'd awake" but rather a couple hours or so after the attempted contact. You can judge what you think about that given there was a widely publicized manhunt underway.
Bevins was wrong, the coworker called at least before 10:30, dispatch radio here. OpenMHz

I really wonder how long it took LE to actually believe it was him & respond appropriately even though the caller knew Cavalcante personally.

Bevins was wrong, the coworker called at least before 10:30, dispatch radio here. OpenMHz

I really wonder how long it took LE to actually believe it was him & respond appropriately even though the caller knew Cavalcante personally.
That is interesting. Anyone remember what time the van was stolen? I'm getting curious about the timeline that night.

jmo

Wonder if that’s one of places he used to work, so maybe knows Dairy Co leaves keys in vans - Either that or he has connection who works there and set keys/open van up for him… That’s definitely accessory to crime, if later scenario was the case.

I don’t think it’s that uncommon for parking lots of businesses that have multiple work vehicles, electric company, plumping to leave keys in vehicles on lot. Most are fenced in.
Rented a home on a cattle farm and all their vehicles,trucks,ATV’s had keys in them for who ever on farm needed it.

Jmo

He’ll find another vehicle in that area unlocked and maybe with keys, I posted a link that said he killed guy in Brazil for owing him money for work he did on a vehicle, so he has some vehicle knowledge.

Jmo

That is interesting. Anyone remember what time the van was stolen? I'm getting curious about the timeline that night.

jmo

Snipped

delivery van was stolen between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday “while we were still here working.

I don’t think it’s that uncommon for parking lots of businesses that have multiple work vehicles, electric company, plumping to leave keys in vehicles on lot. Most are fenced in.
Rented a home on a cattle farm and all their vehicles,trucks,ATV’s had keys in them for who ever on farm needed it.

Jmo

He’ll find another vehicle in that area unlocked and maybe with keys, I posted a link that said he killed guy in Brazil for owing him money for work he did on a vehicle, so he has some vehicle knowledge.

Jmo
I agree about the keys. I'm guessing none of the people at that business thought anyone would steal a commercial van. Then again, there was a prison escapee on the loose so it was a rather neglectful move to leave the keys in the vehicle.

jmo

Snipped

delivery van was stolen between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday “while we were still here working.

Thanks. Wish we could pinpoint that more precisely. Did he take the van and immediately go to the friend's house - or make other stops.

Whatever the case, it was after dark. The guy moves at night, imo.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member