PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped

delivery van was stolen between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday “while we were still here working.

“Baily’s Dairy said on its Facebook page that the delivery van was stolen between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. Saturday “while we were still here working.”The theft wasn't noticed for hours,” From Pittsburgh Action News

Exactly! There’s no pity or kudos for this violent brutal murderer, just because he’s not YET someone in his escape. He’s a dangerous savage beast who needs to be taken OUT. ASAP. If he enters any properties of the MANY gun owners in PA, they also have every right to protect themselves & shoot him down. So many are licensed gun owners & able to legally carry their guns with them. Let him encounter one of those, before he takes over an innocent elderly person living alone! No passes for this 2 time (that we’re aware of -could be more) killer. Zero Tolerance. Nope! He’s gotta be taken DOWN. He should’ve been executed immediately since 100% proven GUILTY or taken straight to MAX SECURITY STATE PRISON placed on Death Row. Why are Violent Repeat Killers given “LIFE” sentences at all? They are absolutely still a threat to Rest of Us if kept alive. He’s escaped before this & he’ll escape again if kept alive to do so. That’s NOT RIGHT for Rest of Us to have to live in fear of this happening again and again! IMO

Got a little hyperbolic there. I don't think all convicted murderers need to be executed right there on the spot. It's not 1911. Life sentences without parole are sufficient in most cases. How many convicted murderers do you think escape annually? JMO

I don’t think it’s that uncommon for parking lots of businesses that have multiple work vehicles, electric company, plumping to leave keys in vehicles on lot. Most are fenced in.
Rented a home on a cattle farm and all their vehicles,trucks,ATV’s had keys in them for who ever on farm needed it.

Jmo

He’ll find another vehicle in that area unlocked and maybe with keys, I posted a link that said he killed guy in Brazil for owing him money for work he did on a vehicle, so he has some vehicle knowledge.

Jmo

Agreed. Especially in a rural-ish setting. MOO

Bevins was wrong, the coworker called at least before 10:30, dispatch radio here. OpenMHz

I really wonder how long it took LE to actually believe it was him & respond appropriately even though the caller knew Cavalcante personally.
I'm afraid I don't know how to tell which call originates from the co-worker on that log; however, if what you say is correct, then I hope Lt. Col Bivens corrects what he said today.

I still do wonder why - since the escape was publicized and an extensive manhunt underway - a person wouldn't immediately contact LE upon being contacted by this fugitive. Why not call LE immediately - while still at the restaurant - after the attempted contact? Let them meet you at the home and let them be the first to review the ring footage.

The reasons may be completely innocent (your kids are not with you and you want to secure them first, the call scared you and in that state you weren't thinking entirely rationally, you truly cannot believe it was him, etc...), but if I were LE, then any delay would invite at least some scrutiny to be sure it checks out. (And perhaps it did.)

Edited to correct spelling of "Bivens."

Last edited:
The fugitive showed up at an old associate’s home around 9.50pm on Sunday and requested through the doorbell camera to meet with him.

The individual was out having dinner with his family and did not immediately respond to Cavalcante. He later alerted local police of the sighting.

Doorbell video images showed Cavalcante to be now clean-shaven and wearing a green hooded sweatshirt, black baseball cap, green prison pants and white shoes.

The fugitive then travelled to the home of another former coworker’s home in Phoenixville. A female who was at the home when Cavalcante rang the bell called a friend, who eventually informed law enforcement about the sighting.

Another thing for people to keep in mind if questioning whether it’s him or not is that he (cannot recall source) speaks Spanish & Portuguese, but Not so good with English language. Just something I thought could help if someone thinks who they see is him- He’ll most likely be speaking Spanish / Portuguese… but broken if any English.

I agree about the keys. I'm guessing none of the people at that business thought anyone would steal a commercial van. Then again, there was a prison escapee on the loose so it was a rather neglectful move to leave the keys in the vehicle.

jmo

I wonder. If in Brazil he stabbed somebody for refusing to help a repair bill, was it a car repair bill? What did he do back home? Perhaps he knows how to hotwire cars? Perhaps the answer for people in the area is to buy anti theft security locks?

In Brazil, he shot someone 9 times for refusing to pay a repair bill. That seems impulsive, reactionary, and not very personal-relationship-oriented to me. He stabbed his EX-girlfriend 38 times in front of her children - this to ensure she could never tell LE he was wanted for the murder in Brazil.

I think what matters with this guy is whether the person in question stands between him and what he wants. So, any person who might see and recognize him and be willing to share that info with LE is at risk.

I think it very likely he values his own regained freedom substantially more than he values any stranger's life or safety, so I think it is not worth the potential error of assuming there is a low risk of harm to people who are strangers to him.
Those were victims he had a connection with - client and girlfriend. Not complete strangers.

Wonder if that’s one of places he used to work, so maybe knows Dairy Co leaves keys in vans - Either that or he has connection who works there and set keys/open van up for him… That’s definitely accessory to crime, if later scenario was the case.
My guess is that was the first vehicle he found with keys.

The folks who get grocery items, in this case milk, to your local grocery usually start their routes before most of us wake up.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

Another thing for people to keep in mind if questioning whether it’s him or not is that he (cannot recall source) speaks Spanish & Portuguese, but Not so good with English language. Just something I thought could help if someone thinks who they see is him- He’ll most likely be speaking Spanish / Portuguese… but broken if any English.

This is not a description to identify a person. They need to send his description and photos to police in all states.
Definitely not, he needs to be captured.
I just don’t include him in the category of killers who strike strangers.

I include his behavior (killing a man who refuse to pay the bill, killing a GF) as becoming lethal when he feels dissed. The man with the ring responded the best way not to involve his family, but also not to get on the list of people who help a fugitive.

Last edited:
Wonder if that’s one of places he used to work, so maybe knows Dairy Co leaves keys in vans - Either that or he has connection who works there and set keys/open van up for him… That’s definitely accessory to crime, if later scenario was the case.

You know, I doubt. With the chain supply being so complex, I doubt anyone business would risk to lose a car even for a few days. Unless he is BFF, and it doesn’t seem like it.

Definitely not, he needs to be captured.
I just don’t include him in the category of killers who strike strangers.
Personally, I am hoping that he goes to prison, and stays there. But his continued deluding of the police really is concerning. What are people supposed to do, if they need to go to school or work?

Last edited:
I don’t think it’s that uncommon for parking lots of businesses that have multiple work vehicles, electric company, plumping to leave keys in vehicles on lot. Most are fenced in.
Rented a home on a cattle farm and all their vehicles,trucks,ATV’s had keys in them for who ever on farm needed it.

Jmo

He’ll find another vehicle in that area unlocked and maybe with keys, I posted a link that said he killed guy in Brazil for owing him money for work he did on a vehicle, so he has some vehicle knowledge.

Jmo

Maybe he knows how to hotwire and the police doesn’t want to tell it to us. I think everyone in the area has to buy anti-theft locks, the most primitive, heavy ones. He needs a car, obviously.

Just some Monday observations about his location:

He may have a support group locally but he can't stay there forever.

If his ultimate goal is to get south of the border, there are two realistic ways to get there: train hopping or vehicle

If by train, you must know the train systems. Most people that train hop do so with the help of other train hoppers to understand everything from safety in hopping (very dangerous), to avoiding detection from train yard camera, to logistics of what trains go where. Train hopping seems illogical in his circumstance.

The risk by vehicle is getting caught stealing it or by a tag reader. To avoid the tag reader you have to change cars frequently, which increases your chances of getting caught stealing.

His best option is via a vehicle (not stolen) driven by an accomplice unknown to LE.

Money may be his biggest obstacle if this turns long-term.

If caught this week, I think it will be in PA.

If caught later, it will be on I-81, I-40, or a small town close to those interstates.

Just my thoughts.

Otis

I'm afraid I don't know how to tell which call originates from the co-worker on that log; however, if what you say is correct, then I hope Lt. Col Bevins corrects what he said today.

I still do wonder why - since the escape was publicized and an extensive manhunt underway - a person wouldn't immediately contact LE upon being contacted by this fugitive. Why not call LE immediately - while still at the restaurant - after the attempted contact? Let them meet you at the home and let them be the first to review the ring footage.

The reasons may be completely innocent (your kids are not with you and you want to secure them first, the call scared you and in that state you weren't thinking entirely rationally, you truly cannot believe it was him, etc...), but if I were LE, then any delay would invite at least some scrutiny to be sure it checks out. (And perhaps it did.)
Interesting points!! Seems a bit casual in time calling police about being contacted by Assailant. I thought both “friends” not being home at time, yet on door video several items (Box of Food, shiny almost knife shaped items by Assailant as he seemingly looks directly into video door camera smiling seemingly high or drunk & directly practically Thankfully or Brazenly non verbally to video / Friend. My question is whether “Friend” Set Assailant up w/ porch supplies or whether Wanted escapee (assailant) Murderer on run was showing “Friend” what else he got his hands on (Knife shaped items shiny items) and was either thanking him or BRAZENLY threatening him if he reported this contact. Video cam friend is friends w/ murdered ex gfriend’s Sister in same area. I don’t recall where I read this info or heard on police dispatch. Sketchy to say least. Wonder if former video friend took too long to call police due to Guy pact code, but wife or family members told him he had to report to police (delayed) or he’d be accessory himself- so called police reluctantly- and that that accounts for his not immediately calling 911 while Escapee still there. I don’t trust these delayed reports to police by two contacted friends former coworkers… IMO delays in reporting immediately were reluctantly only done for their own sakes-protecting themselves from being Accessories. Likely by other family/ spouses/ partners insisting they report to police. DELAYED intentionally to give Escaped Murderer time to leave scene ahead of police. That’s Accessory to Crimes. If this is the case- these 2 friends/former coworkers ARE NOT OFF The HOOK in any way, shape or form. I’d hope!

Also -Public Police reports /Updates/Press Releases have lessened a lot. This is usually Pattern from former cases when SWAT TEAMS are CLOSING IN ON Captures. Can’t risk disclosing INFO. Hoping with everything for all of US that this is the case here!

Maybe he knows how to hotwire and the police doesn’t want to tell it to us. I think everyone in the area has to buy anti-theft locks, the most primitive, heavy ones. He needs a car, obviously.
I’m sure criminal like him knows how to Hotwire Cars if they’re left unlocked… Or even knows how to get into locked vehicles too. He’s a criminal w/ no morals. He’ll do anything for himself- <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member