PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited my post to add the link. It is also here: (about 2:20 in the video).

The former co-worker notified LE about 2-1/2 hours after the attempted contact and about 2 hours after returning home and reviewing the ring camera footage.

One thing I noticed: in these Longwood gardens there are underground tunnels? It immediately remembered me of the Parisian sewers where Victor Hugo’s hero, Jean Valjean, was hiding in “les Miserables”.

And one mile away, there is Chester County Prison, which doesn’t serve its goal as men escape.

What is easier, close the tunnels, or move the jail? Something has to give. And prisoners know about the tunnels, as I understood because Cavalcante had the time to hatch the plan.

Just a thought after further reflection... I actually don't think he will go back to Brazil. IMO He is likely to avoid it at this point since he is heavily suspected of having committed a murder there and it sounds as if many folks there who know of him do not have a positive view on him (understandable as he is a convicted murderer). At this point I would consider Mexico, Cuba, or Canada if he does escape the US (which given how this is unfolding would not surprise me that much, and I am not usually one who thinks of international escapes as a likelihood in cases like this). Does anyone know if he speaks Spanish and if so, what his fluency is? I feel like this is information to consider. I am assuming Brazilian Portuguese is his first language.

That makes sense. Mexico, Central America, Canada.

Too bad, with his certain gifts he could do well, but maybe it is because of these qualities that he is so violence-prone, too.

I think today will be the day. The Youtubers are live at the scene
I'm just not going to say anything anymore. I watched for hours, slept and they still don't have him
Something’s not sitting right with me in regards to the former co-worker’s ring camera footage. They supposedly weren’t home to answer the door yet DC appears to be laughing/smiling in the screenshots as though he were in the midst of a conversation. And then there’s the random box of stuff that suddenly appears on the ground before him? But then it has also been said that the homeowner’s were quick to phone authorities and hand over the footage. I just can’t get over the convenience of the box with the umbrella! Would love to know if it was found in the van since he surely isn’t lugging a box of essentials around with him on foot. / JMO
It was a woman in the house from the PC '...in which Calvancate appeared at a residence of another old work associate at 10.07pm that associate was not home but a female resident observed Cavalcante called her friend that friend responded to the residence and eventually placed a call to local police'

Danelo Cavalcante’s Sister, Elini Arrested​

:

Danelo Cavalcante’s sister arrested by ICE​

Eleni Cavalcante, the sister of escaped convict Danelo Cavalcante, was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement and faces deportation, Pennsylvania State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens confirmed Sunday.

Bivens said there were “some immigration issues,” but didn’t say if she was arrested for helping Cavalcante.

Although state police would not confirm that Eleni Cavalcante had helped her brother after his escape from Chester County Prison, she has connections to people who helped the fugitive escape the area previously, when he was on the run after killing his ex-girlfriend, Deborah Brandao, in 2021.
Francisco Lima, Eleni Cavalcante’s boyfriend, testified during the August trial into Brandao’s murder that he met up with Danelo Cavalcante after Brandao’s murder.
Lima then said he and another man, Michael Scahill, helped Cavalcante by cleaning and bandaging his hands, wounded in the brutal stabbing; giving Cavalcante a change of clothes; and putting gas in his car.
Lima also testified that before Cavalcante left, he gave him a bag of money to deliver to his sister.
Lima and Scahill were granted immunity from prosecution for helping Cavalcante in exchange for their testimony.
Bivens declined to comment Sunday on whether Cavalcante’s associates in the area helped him in his latest escape attempt.

Harboring a Fugitive Consequences

Check-Back:
&

Last edited:

I had no idea he could do something like this. He was someone super shy, really quiet, drinks his beers on the weekend, makes barbeque, and works a lot," said Franco.

The two lived together in King of Prussia for just about four months.

Cavalcante moved out just one day before he stabbed his ex-girlfriend. Franco provided a video of Cavalcante moving out that day.

Franco says he provided information to police about that murder.

"I was talking to police for about an hour," the former roommate said. "I'm here to see if they need my help to speak Portuguese with him so he can surrender."

I had no idea he could do something like this. He was someone super shy, really quiet, drinks his beers on the weekend, makes barbeque, and works a lot," said Franco.

The two lived together in King of Prussia for just about four months.

Cavalcante moved out just one day before he stabbed his ex-girlfriend. Franco provided a video of Cavalcante moving out that day.

Franco says he provided information to police about that murder.

"I was talking to police for about an hour," the former roommate said. "I'm here to see if they need my help to speak Portuguese with him so he can surrender."
I'm glad his ex-roommate is speaking out and wants to help if he can.

I'm glad his ex-roommate is speaking out and wants to help if he can.
Referring to the same article as the OP --

The article says that he went to coworkers basically to ask for help.

Does anyone really believe he was going to ask for help? Yeah, maybe with force. A polite conversation guided by a knife. I don't think he was going to ask anyone anything. He was going to take. Supplies, weapons, hostages, money, a vehicle -- whatever he could get his hands on to further his escape. IMO they were exceedingly lucky they weren't home.

JMO

@PAStatePolice

We continue our search for Danelo Cavalcante this morning. We ask Chester County residents to remain on the lookout and ensure vehicles and homes remain locked. We urge anyone with info to call the tip line at 717-562-2987.

9:14 AM · Sep 11, 2023
I do not live anywhere near there, but the longer this rocks on, the more I’m considering going over my property with a fine-toothed comb to remove anything that could be used to the advantage of a bad guy. Currently, I fear my place would provide plenty. I’m prone to leaving things where they will be most convenient for me.

I hope that locals, while keeping themselves safe, are also keeping an eye out for elderly neighbors or those living alone, anyone living isolated from kin -- who he could've harmed, stolen a car -- and no one would be aware -- for days.

Jmo

Longwood Gardens to reopen Wednesday as search for Cavalcante moves to northern Chester County

15 hrs ago

Longwood Gardens will reopen Wednesday now that the search for escaped murder Danelo Cavalcante has moved north of the Chester County botanical center.

I hope that locals, while keeping themselves safe, are also keeping an eye out for elderly neighbors or those living alone, anyone living isolated from kin -- who he could've harmed, stolen a car -- and no one would be aware -- for days.

Jmo
I hope that the schools in a wide margin around the area he is believed to be are implementing extra security UNTIL he is captured. I worry that the longer this goes on and the more tired and trapped (and lacking in assistance) he may feel, the more dangerously impulsive he may become.

Yes, but these wild cards, like having friends in the area makes this seem much more planned and less random than it originally did.

Also makes him seem far more dangerous and desperate, and hence, the need to apprehend him before he really harms an innocent person, like the people who don't lock their doors or have security video.

He would have easily known he was taking a great chance going to the front door of the friend's house. If the friend was sypmathetic, he might have had him go to a non-monitored back door.
Police or News said both “friends” weren’t home at time he was on their videos and after reviewing videos, both supposedly called the police. So these former coworkers/friends sound like they aren’t willing to help him-or they wouldn’t have reported videos and calls to police. IMO

Cavalcante’s escape and the search has attracted international attention and became big news in Brazil, where prosecutors in Tocantins state say he’s accused of “double qualified homicide” in the 2017 slaying of Válter Júnior Moreira dos Reis in Figueirópolis, which they allege was over a debt the victim owed him in connection with repair of a vehicle.

Longwood Gardens to reopen Wednesday as search for Cavalcante moves to northern Chester County

15 hrs ago

Longwood Gardens will reopen Wednesday now that the search for escaped murder Danelo Cavalcante has moved north of the Chester County botanical center.

Sad how much money they probably lost having to be closed all those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom