PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in a prison at one time. On orientation you are taught "inmates are in their cell with nothing else to do but think of ways to escape, game the system, assault another inmate or a corrections officer. That adds up to a great deal of time planning.
I know jails/ prisons are very short staffed throughout the country and that can have an impact on security. Just my opinion.

He also appears to have something tucked in the back of his pants if you can watch clear video of his brick wall climb. Folks are suggesting a towel, that he probably wrapped his hands/arms in to get past the razor wire.

it looks like just his undies bunched up outside of the pants to me
but a towel would make sense if he was able to get it

The New York Times had an article today with a BANANAS story of a homeowner who lives 1.5 miles from the prison. He heard someone creeping around the downstairs kitchen in his house in the wee hours, saw a patio door ajar, and stood at the top of the stairs and flicked the lights on and off to let the intruder know HE knew of the intruder’s presence.

Then the intruder flicked the lights back at the homeowner!!!

The intruder left before LE arrived, only having taken some fruit and snap peas off the counter.

As a subscriber, I am “gifting” the article to you all here: With an Escaped Killer Loose, an Unsettling Encounter in a Darkened House

@realanastasia : Thank you !

What a frightening experience for that homeowner.

Looks like (maybe) that jail needs to electrify their fence ?
Ain't nobody going to scale that wall and try to slip through it, then !

Sorry for all of the people having to worry in that area.
DS (if the perp was him) is apparently unafraid to enter a home even with the residents inside, and that's terrifying.
Omo.

Last edited:
The New York Times had an article today with a BANANAS story of a homeowner who lives 1.5 miles from the prison. He heard someone creeping around the downstairs kitchen in his house in the wee hours, saw a patio door ajar, and stood at the top of the stairs and flicked the lights on and off to let the intruder know HE knew of the intruder’s presence.

Then the intruder flicked the lights back at the homeowner!!!

The intruder left before LE arrived, only having taken some fruit and snap peas off the counter.

As a subscriber, I am “gifting” the article to you all here: With an Escaped Killer Loose, an Unsettling Encounter in a Darkened House

yeah the press interviewed the homeowner last night
that guy is brave - I would've been looking for a place to hide or get my weapon and call 911

Looks like (maybe) that jail needs to electrify that fence ?

DS (if the perp was him) is apparently unafraid to enter a home even with the residents inside, and that's terrifying.
Omo.

Nighttime. The guy is smallish. Probably, he grew up in hunger and poverty and stole from houses/farms as a kid. In fact, this flickering back was smart - I mean no harm, I just need to eat. BTW, for the people living around the prison, the guy being caught or leaving the area to move East or West, is an equally good option. What is bad is this dude breaking into houses at night and swarms of police cars at daytime with potential shootouts. People need to live, the school has started, and this is disruptive. So I am not surprised if the locals leave stuff for him outside, so that he doesn't break in. Lots of commentaries under that article were about how come the dad didn't have a gun. I assume that he did, living within a mile from the jail he probably should. Just doesn't sleep with a gun under the pillow, or didn't want to use it, because the guy stealing food and leaving was the safer option. The escapee, too, is not a local, probably doesn't have a map nor a plan. I understand the locals.

Last edited:

Looks like (maybe) that jail needs to electrify their fence ?

Omo.
why doesn't LE just set up a big juicy BBQ outside in a backyard and then leave some food out after dark and catch him that way?

Was hoping for better updates on this case as some friends are in the area.

Were the reports of an apparent sighting last evening (Tuesday) in the Snuff Mill Road area (of Northern Delaware) deemed accurate? (If so, that is some ground made by him…; wonder if he has absconded with a bicycle perhaps?)

Also, it seemed that just before ‘walking the wall’, he was wearing sweat bands on his wrists? And in a later night time camera image captured of him - seemed to have wrapped the left wrist/forearm, perhaps from tangling with the razor wire?
MOO

I also noticed in the video of him scaling the brick wall, that once he had made it to the top - there was movement of it seems two individuals in the external yard distance - as seen in reflection on the door glass he had peered in just before scaling up the wall. That movement was in addition to the one unshirted individual that was in camera view, and then moved out of view once the inmate had scaled the first brick wall.
IMO

Last edited:
why doesn't LE just set up a big juicy BBQ outside in a backyard and then leave some food out after dark and catch him that way?
I literally thought of this too. Undercover cop start cooking some steaks and leave the BBQ and go inside. Maybe put a big glass of icy lemonade out too. Definitely would inflict some pain on his hungry belly if it didn't lure him in. Seeing his escape video made me realize how strong and determined he is. Kinda scary. I am sure LE knows they need him weakened to avoid anyone getting hurt. Praying for safety for all the LE members.

I literally thought of this too. Undercover cop start cooking some steaks and leave the BBQ and go inside. Maybe put a big glass of icy lemonade out too. Definitely would inflict some pain on his hungry belly if it didn't lure him in. Seeing his escape video made me realize how strong and determined he is. Kinda scary. I am sure LE knows they need him weakened to avoid anyone getting hurt. Praying for safety for all the LE members.
because of the heat, he really does not need too much food and he has stream water. surprised he was in a kitchen- there is probably suburban garbage out that could be full of food. that crab walking up a wall is like a human fly- he could have been a parcour youtuber if he wasn't into killing people.

I went to college with a woman who had grown up across the road from the prison in Anamosa, Iowa. People would ask her if she was scared growing up, and she said, "Are you kidding? We were in the safest place on earth, because if anyone escapes from that prison, they are not going to stop at our house first."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member