PA - Danelo Souza Cavalcante, 34, escapes prison, Chester Co., 31 Aug 2023 *extremely dangerous*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am curious how he is surviving out there. It has been extremely hot but if he's in the woods I'm sure he's staying under the shade. He has access to water, but I agree about him getting sick. I have gone to a place called Alapocas to swim since I was in high school. It's the Brandywine River, there's a waterfall to jump off of and rope swings to use. However, anyone that ever went there always told me to make sure I never get any water in my mouth. The Dupont Experimental Station is literally right on the river and I'm sure things are getting pumped out there. He may be further upstream so that may not be an issue for him but I've always been cognizant of not swallowing much water, if any, anytime I have been anywhere on the Brandywine.
Yikes, that you had to make sure you didn't get any in your mouth! That sounds nasty. And of course there's fertilizer runoff, and even just natural bacteria from fish, frogs, algae, etc.

Yikes, that you had to make sure you didn't get any in your mouth! That sounds nasty. And of course there's fertilizer runoff, and even just natural bacteria from fish, frogs, algae, etc.

I was wondering ... there are a lot of mushroom farms around there, right? Could he be grabbing mushrooms from there at night? Apologies in advance if this is a ridiculous question.

I was wondering ... there are a lot of mushroom farms around there, right? Could he be grabbing mushrooms from there at night? Apologies in advance if this is a ridiculous question.
Not a silly question at all. Kennett Square and Chester County are known for being the mushroom capital! Not sure if any of those farms are in his supposed radius, but that'd be something to eat for sure. They're having a huge mushroom festival this weekend. I also wondered about backyard gardens. If people haven't cleaned them up yet, he could be finding tomatoes, zucchini, etc. Or even apples that are ripening now.

Not a silly question at all. Kennett Square and Chester County are known for being the mushroom capital! Not sure if any of those farms are in his supposed radius, but that'd be something to eat for sure. They're having a huge mushroom festival this weekend. I also wondered about backyard gardens. If people haven't cleaned them up yet, he could be finding tomatoes, zucchini, etc. Or even apples that are ripening now.

It smells SO bad driving through there sometimes. I used to go punk rock shows at the Kennet Legion Hall in the war 00’s. Such a quaint, tiny larea but so many little nooks you could hide out in. Eventually he’s gonna have to make a move to get out of the area

Yeah, I am curious how he is surviving out there. It has been extremely hot but if he's in the woods I'm sure he's staying under the shade. He has access to water, but I agree about him getting sick. I have gone to a place called Alapocas to swim since I was in high school. It's the Brandywine River, there's a waterfall to jump off of and rope swings to use. However, anyone that ever went there always told me to make sure I never get any water in my mouth. The Dupont Experimental Station is literally right on the river and I'm sure things are getting pumped out there. He may be further upstream so that may not be an issue for him but I've always been cognizant of not swallowing much water, if any, anytime I have been anywhere on the Brandywine.
I was a kid in the 70s when kids could run around without supervision, and when we got thirsty, we drank from any garden hose or spigot we happened upon. He could do that at night, if he's sneaky enough, perhaps filling a container to drink from during the day.

Sorry if this has been mentioned - I haven't been on the thread until now.

jmo

I was a kid in the 70s when kids could run around without supervision, and when we got thirsty, we drank from any garden hose or spigot we happened upon. He could do that at night, if he's sneaky enough, perhaps filling a container to drink from during the day.

Sorry if this has been mentioned - I haven't been on the thread until now.

jmo

No, that's a great point. Scientifically, can't a human go a good amount of time without eating as long as they are drinking a good amount of water?

Unless they haven't told us, it also sounds as if there haven't been any break-ins in the past few days, so what is he eating? Did he potentially steal enough non-perishable food initially (stuffed in those backpacks)? Water can be obtained from the streams but good luck not getting sick quickly. There still may be corn in fields (horse, or human), but he'd be eating it raw.

I have so much respect for LE enduring the heat and humidity. Great news that the K-9 dog is making a full recovery.
He might be raiding outdoor gardens, or even Little Free Pantries that a lot of places, especially churches, have. He may also be drinking out of public fountains.

Well, we took apples, rhubarb, and other treats from gardens (except at Mrs. Hoover's house because she was mean).

jmo
Anecdote: When I was a kid in the 1970s, there was an elderly woman at my church who wondered why the teenagers in the neighborhood were so interested in the weeds that grew at the edge of her yard. You guessed it, marijuana, although it was probably THC-free ditchweed.

Back on topic: He might also be breaking into cabins if he's hiding out in a state park.

Cultivated mushrooms are usually grown indoors, although if he knows about edible wild mushrooms, he might be dining on those.

Anecdote: When I was a kid in the 1970s, there was an elderly woman at my church who wondered why the teenagers in the neighborhood were so interested in the weeds that grew at the edge of her yard. You guessed it, marijuana, although it was probably THC-free ditchweed.

Back on topic: He might also be breaking into cabins if he's hiding out in a state park.
re: cabins

This is reminding me of the Christopher Dorner case, a massive manhunt for this killer.
He ended up in the Big Bear area, and it still took days to find him. He had hidden in a cabin.

Following this and checking multiple times during the day.

There was another sighting this afternoon, and now Longwood Gardens is closed early with a shelter in place as they look for him. Fingers crossed that they find him - I’m about 30 minutes away from Longwood and know someone that works there!

POCOPSON TWP., Pennsylvania (WPVI) -- Longwood Gardens closed early Thursday night and evacuated the property due to the search for a murder convict who escaped a Pennsylvania prison last week.

Longwood Gardens confirms to Action News that police are currently searching an area of interest on the property.

The search area has now widened north and northwest of Longwood...

There was another sighting this afternoon, and now Longwood Gardens is closed early with a shelter in place as they look for him. Fingers crossed that they find him - I’m about 30 minutes away from Longwood and know someone that works there!

Jinx! We were typing our posts at the same time. I hope your friend and all who work there are safe!

With this small of a footprint for this length of time, I am surprised that the dogs have not been able to track him until caught.

Other than hunting dogs, I am not sure how effective tracking dogs usually are.

Just my thoughts.

Otis
I think this may have a lot to do with the heat and high humidity. They probably have to switch the dogs out very frequently to keep them from becoming overheated, which would mean each dog could only search for a brief period of time. I can only imagine this makes their job much more difficult.

High temperatures are bad enough, but the high humidity makes this situation 10x worse. 90 degrees in an arid climate is not the same as 90 degrees in the eastern US. It’s suffocating. Think of how thick the air feels inside of a sauna and how drained your body feels after you’ve been in it for a while. That’s exactly how these search teams are feeling.

If he’s in and out of the water (and I suspect he is), that’s probably throwing them off a bit too.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member