Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great catch!
Did the original sketch change?

I have two missing women I would like to see ruled in or out, but I need some help. First, I am confused about the way they do this nowadays. If the two missing women are in Namus, how do I know they have not been ruled out automatically, and therefore do no show up in the R/O list? Second, who do I contact if I do want to make a submission? These are the two I would like considered: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I have two missing women I would like to see ruled in or out, but I need some help. First, I am confused about the way they do this nowadays. If the two missing women are in Namus, how do I know they have not been ruled out automatically, and therefore do no show up in the R/O list? Second, who do I contact if I do want to make a submission? These are the two I would like considered: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
If you log into Namus you can view the rule out list

If you log into Namus you can view the rule out list
Yes I know that, but there are numerous exclusions that are listed on this thread that are not listed on the NamUs page. I know things have changed over the years and I have heard they no longer list everything, if the rule out was done automatically for instance.

Yes I know that, but there are numerous exclusions that are listed on this thread that are not listed on the NamUs page. I know things have changed over the years and I have heard they no longer list everything, if the rule out was done automatically for instance.

I would just contact the detective listed in the Namus file and give them your suggestions. They've been responsive in the past.

I sent an email to NamUs Nov 25, 2016, asking if Christina Crespo
had been ruled out for this set of remains. Her DNA and fingerprints hadn't updated in NamUs yet. I think her case was new to NamUs at that time, even though she went missing in 2005. Of course, this was back when we could see those details, heavy sigh. The NamUs rep said they would look into it.
Don't know if her stuff ever updated, don't know if she was even compared, or if she could be. She's not on the rule out list.

Last edited:
I sent an email to NamUs Nov 25, 2016, asking if Christina Crespo
had been ruled out for this set of remains. Her DNA and fingerprints hadn't updated in NamUs yet. I think her case was new to NamUs at that time, even though she went missing in 2005. Of course, this was back when we could see those details, heavy sigh. The NamUs rep said they would look into it.
Don't know if her stuff ever updated, don't know if she was even compared, or if she could be. She's not on the rule out list.

Christina's NamUs Case was created December 12, 2008.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

And from Doe Network:
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Admin Notes
Added: 2/14/16; Last Updated: 2/14/16

3507DFPA - Christina Crespo

Christina's NamUs Case was created December 12, 2008.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

And from Doe Network:
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Admin Notes
Added: 2/14/16; Last Updated: 2/14/16

3507DFPA - Christina Crespo

Thanks for finding that. I forget we can check the case creation date in NamUs, but I was new to it all when I submitted this and didn't think to check, LOL.
I wonder if her DNA test ever completed.

My understanding has been that we can never assume a rule-out, even if DNA is present, and we always need to check if someone is not on the rule-outs list!

I grew up about 5 minutes away from the park...always used to take my dog there for runs. There's a Penn State campus (used to be Penn State Delco, now I believe it's called Penn State Brandywine) less than a mile from the entrance to the park. I'm sure reports of a missing student would have been pretty well publicized but maybe it was someone visiting the school from a different area?
I also know this Park very well. There's no way that body died in that location. Too many hikers, dogs, etc. that would have found the body before skeletal. That skeleton was placed there.

Each of the three rings reported as found with the discovery appear to be well-worn, aged, but the engravings seem intact. Perhaps family hand-me-downs or 'acquisitions' during her travels?
Your observations are right on track. Those rings are definitely older than the victim. I would also say, hand-me-downs from family.

cache.php

1168150_630x354.jpg

Police seek to ID woman found dead in Delaware County state park
I know these rings, especially the one in the middle with the fancy "C". All the girls in my extended family would receive a ring like this at a significant event like Catholic confirmation or high school graduation, etc. Obviously the one on the left is a Irish Claddagh ring. The one one the right looks like an engagement ring. But these rings look really old, 70-100 yrs. old.

The clothes found with the skeleton don't seem to match the skeleton. The black boots do...they are worn. But the sketcher sneakers, jeans, and Navy blue jacket look brand new. They don't have any of the dirt, or weather wear they should have after at least 4 months of PA temperature fluctuation in the Winter. In my opinion, a staged crime scene.

Last edited:
I know these rings, especially the one in the middle with the fancy "C". All the girls in my extended family would receive a ring like this at a significant event like Catholic confirmation or high school graduation, etc. Obviously the one on the left is a Irish Claddagh ring. The one one the right looks like an engagement ring. But these rings look really old, 70-100 yrs. old.
Why doesn't the PA State Police get a bit creative in solving this case? Distribute the pictures of the rings to the Archdiocese of Phila, NJ, and Delaware. It would be 5 emails at best. Those rings are probably from an Irish, Catholic family and somebody would recognize them while they are sitting in their church pews glancing at the church's weekly bulletin.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back