PA PA - District Attorney Ray Gricar Mysteriously Disappeared - Bellefonte 15 April 2005 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But faking his own death just so he could retire a few months early and move to another country is cruel, selfish and uncaring. That’s why I don’t believe he did that. It’s illogical, unnecessary and out of character for him. JMO
No, it provides much more money to his loved ones.

Further, nobody faked death. Just leaving without a trail is not faking anything.

I feel like every six months I just have to stop and ask what was Ray doing with all his money? he lived like a monk practically so .... where is Ray's money? where is it???? mOO
We know that there was at least one account that could not be traced.

He had a like insurance policy he bought in the early 80's, IIRC and one from work.

but still there is a void..he wasn't getting married again...to me he is not committing to a life with Patty. He is just ever so slightly adrift or not available. He was shacked up with a woman from his office, everything separate, nothing in his name. Was his name even on the house? I know sometimes prosecutors try to hide certain info that can lead disgruntled
criminals to their homes.

Ray was not 100 percent on PF and this bothers me in a way...

but still there is a void..he wasn't getting married again...to me he is not committing to a life with Patty. He is just ever so slightly adrift or not available. He was shacked up with a woman from his office, everything separate, nothing in his name. Was his name even on the house? I know sometimes prosecutors try to hide certain info that can lead disgruntled
criminals to their homes.

Ray was not 100 percent on PF and this bothers me in a way...

Still, all he had to do was break up with her and retire to wherever. The entire series of events leading up to him racing up with little notice to Lewisburg for the day, taking his laptop computer, possibly using a burner phone and wandering around Lewisburg streets, stores and the antique mall for several hours, being seen by many witnesses as he waited to meet with someone - all before wiping down his car to erase fingerprints, tossing his laptop and hard drive and disappearing with some stranger seem an unnecessary and bizarre way to break up with your girlfriend before retiring to a new area.

Doesn't fit. JMO, didn't happen for that reason.

The facts in evidence, JMO, indicate his working to arrange a confidential meeting with someone while using his laptop. He downloaded the map to Lewisburg for someone. Waited for them to contact him, then left on the spur of the moment that last day, heading for Lewisburg. He then spent a few hours there waiting for the person to show. Evidence and witness testimony, scent dogs, etc. indicate he met with someone in the parking lot, had a discussion and he got into a car with them. Someone wiped down the interior of his car and left it there.

In a way, its similar to Hoffa's disappearance. Going to a meeting, getting in a car with someone, leaving his car behind, then never being seen again.

JMO

Just double checking...so his car WAS wiped down?
Yes. There were markings of it having been wiped and the only thing remaining was a partial print on a water bottle. It was Ray's print.

Maybe he's the one who wiped it down and planted a cigarette ash, but why would he do these things?

Copies of the LE reports are here, but you have to be a member of the site

something about the way he was living implies something is not quite kosher, it feels temporary, he pays off her house, he sets up the car with her as the owner, but there is no feeling of permanence for Ray...he doesn't exist on paper, his money is unaccounted for ...he's really kind of in the wind...even though he is established.

this may have felt like security to PF...but what did it feel like to him? I feel like he was in a mode of, I will give you this much..I will provide this house, this car, there will be no divorces, lawsuits, claims, alimony etc..no surprises..
and much of my money will be off limits and not known to you or anyone for that matter.

so, this is the point where we careen down an unknown street..where a hard drive has to be disposed of, where it feels like a sudden flight off to who knows where..and so this one act of the hard drive I think has far more significance in my mind. First because it speaks to hiding something...wether he intended to make it home or not. wether he intended to go home or disappear he did find it necessary to take the laptop on that day and drive far away making a special stop to
dispose of it .

it was more than running an errand. they said he used it as a personal computer so what was on it? why did he do it on this day? why did he keep it in the closet?

Honestly it sometime feels like Ray had known for quite some time that a day might come when he would disappear for some reason..his whole life was set up in a way to provide for this eventuality..and that makes sense..most responsible adults would arrange things...the cops even seemed like they weren't gonna touch it..like they knew things or there were secrets out there in the ozone..I hope I live to see they day they solve this. mOO

something about the way he was living implies something is not quite kosher, it feels temporary, he pays off her house, he sets up the car with her as the owner, but there is no feeling of permanence for Ray...he doesn't exist on paper, his money is unaccounted for ...he's really kind of in the wind...even though he is established.

this may have felt like security to PF...but what did it feel like to him? I feel like he was in a mode of, I will give you this much..I will provide this house, this car, there will be no divorces, lawsuits, claims, alimony etc..no surprises..
and much of my money will be off limits and not known to you or anyone for that matter.

so, this is the point where we careen down an unknown street..where a hard drive has to be disposed of, where it feels like a sudden flight off to who knows where..and so this one act of the hard drive I think has far more significance in my mind. First because it speaks to hiding something...wether he intended to make it home or not. wether he intended to go home or disappear he did find it necessary to take the laptop on that day and drive far away making a special stop to
dispose of it .

it was more than running an errand. they said he used it as a personal computer so what was on it? why did he do it on this day? why did he keep it in the closet?

Honestly it sometime feels like Ray had known for quite some time that a day might come when he would disappear for some reason..his whole life was set up in a way to provide for this eventuality..and that makes sense..most responsible adults would arrange things...the cops even seemed like they weren't gonna touch it..like they knew things or there were secrets out there in the ozone..I hope I live to see they day they solve this. mOO

I've also wondered about his lack of attachment to a home, car, etc. He had been through 2 divorces already, the last one being rather difficult. JMO, he was averse to marrying again, of being financially and legally attached to anyone. He was somewhat young to be retiring. He could have considered offers for other, possibly more lucrative work after retirement. But, like the other options, he didn't need to traumatize his friends and family by staging a suspicious disappearance to do that. He didn't seem to have a flair for drama in his life before disappearing.

There was also another interesting item in the police file that Rebecca Knight found. It was a composite drawing of a man. It's not known who he was or how he was seen to be involved in Ray's disappearance that day.

lcv7v5d208b71.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly