GUILTY PA - Dr. Kermit Gosnell for killing patient, 7 infants, Philadelphia, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just finished reading. I truly have no words to fully express the shock and despair I am feeling. After reading how many complaints were filed against him as well as the many botched abortions he performed and patients that had to seek extra medical care elsewhere, I am even more sickened.

Why did this "clinic" even exist? THey were not even following basic procedures. The medical waste was in the basement in boxes. How long was this allowed to go on? How old were the bags of "waste"?

I followed the Caylee case from beginning to end. I watched as millions were enraged that the mother possibly drove around with the remains of her daughter in the trunk of her car for several days.

What somehow we as a nation are missing, or choosing not to see, is that this man and his staff- ROUTINELY- bagged up the remains of human beings, many viable babies, and left them to rot in his basement. Women, thinking they were in the good hands of a doctor, walked in to have medical procedures done in a building that must have smelled of human decomposition. Again, during the Anthony case we discussed that to no end. Yet, as a nation, we are nearly silent on this case.

The grand jury indictment states, "Let us say right up front that we realize this case will be used by those on both sides of the abortion debate. We ourselves cover a spectrum of personal beliefs about the morality of abortion. For us as a criminal grand jury, however, the case is not about that controversy; it is about disregard of the law and disdain for the lives and health of mothers and infants. We find common ground in exposing what happened here, and in recommending measures to prevent anything like this from ever happening again."

IMO the agencies responsible for overseeing clinics such as these are clearly not doing their job. I ask why? What are they afraid of? And why are we afraid to discuss it as well?

I completely agree. I do not want to take anything away from the Alexander Case because, I too, have been following it like everyone else.

However, I wish that people were just as outraged about this and to be quite honest, I do not understand why? And besides that, the defense attorney said no babies were actually born alive AND the State is going after Gosnell because of race... Not because of the actual facts and corroborating testimony that he "snipped" hundreds of necks.

I really cannot believe it. I really just can't. It's insane. I don't understand why there isn't a mob in front of that Pennsylvania courthouse and what in the world is taking these jurors forever!?

I google for news on "Kermit Gosnell" every day, multiple times per day. The jury will continue deliberating tomorrow.

They are deciding on "about 260 counts" according to this article, so I can understand the lengthy deliberations.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/12/jury-returns-to-deliberations-monday-in-trial-abortion-doctor-kermit-gosnell/

In other news, several Congressmen have proposed new legislation because of the Philadelphia clinic.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2013/05/09/house-republicans-introduce-kermit-gosnell-bill/

wow - the jury is still deliberating. I admit, I couldn't bring myself to open many of the links, as the posts here show the horror. I can't wrap my head around it -- I was a late mommy, lost a tubal pregnancy, then ended up having a hys. So my one and only DS is my world. How these women walked in at 7/8 months pregnant and asked for an abortion is mind boggling. Let alone, finding a doctor to murder these innocent babies.

I hope the jury does the right thing.

MOO

Mel

As of this morning (Monday): The jury reports that it is split on two of the counts:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/13/jury-split-on-2-counts-in-trial-abortion-doctor-kermit-gosnell/?test=latestnews

The judge asked the jurors to keep trying. There is no indication on which counts they are split. However, there are options if they are unable to reach a unanimous decision. According to the article: "Judges can eventually take a partial verdict and leave prosecutors to decide whether to retry the unresolved counts."

I can't find out when they are going to announce it :(

I hope he is found guilty this story gave me nightmares!

I can't find out when they are going to announce it :(

I hope he is found guilty this story gave me nightmares!

I heard on Fox, GUILTY on 3 out 4 first degree murder charges

Not guilty of one count of murder of one baby. Involuntary manslaughter on the death of the mother.

I've only peripherally followed this case, bc it was too horrid to take in. Am so relieved that he will be doing time, though.

Yes, horrid is the word. How could he possibly think what he did was okay morally, legally, or otherwise. I am horrified.

Yes, horrid is the word. How could he possibly think what he did was okay morally, legally, or otherwise. I am horrified.

I agree with you totally, I am also sad that so many of the ws did not even know about Gosnell.

The jury took a long time because they were required to render 267 separate verdicts.

A thankless task, which they performed admirably.

This made me sick to my stomach, really. What kind of person does this? He needs the death penalty. JMO

I hope there is justice for those innocent babies. I think back to the birth of my children - how sweet & precious - what he did is beyond evil.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back