GUILTY PA - Ellen Robb, 49, beaten to death, Montgomery County, 22 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
fran said:
IMHO, the breaking of the glass etc may have been when he returned. Remember, he was a game strategist, so he was probably going back over his last play and trying to think up things to make it 'more plausible.'
Game Theory is VERY different from being a strategist. GT is heavy mathematics. "A Beautiful Mind" was about the guy who basically invented it. The classic game theory problem is the Prisoner's Dilemma.

Most of the stuff he did to set up the alibi reeks of a bad episode of Law and Order. It's also backfiring; he'll get convicted of first degree because of premeditation. At least if he killed her and had no signs of planning, a case could be made for second degree.

luthersmama said:
Right. What he MEANT to state was that he dropped Olivia off, went home, killed Ellen, took off the blood-soaked clothes in the garage, then showered and dressed for work.

:laugh:

Thanks for the laugh this morning. I AM NOT laughing at the situation, just how you said it.

Lurker Steve said:
Most of the stuff he did to set up the alibi reeks of a bad episode of Law and Order. It's also backfiring; he'll get convicted of first degree because of premeditation. At least if he killed her and had no signs of planning, a case could be made for second degree.

Could have been a week-long build-up to the end of the week fight that morning - before Ellen was leaving for the winter break holiday with Olivia, and then planning to come back home, move out and taking Olivia and the dog. Whether he planned in 25 minutes...between taking Olilvia to school and returning home back to the fight... or planned in 5 minutes after he walked in, the fight continued and he went and got a weapon to attack her -- it'll be his attorney's presentation but hard to prove. Could the blitz attack show it could be portrayed as rage/crime of passion and they could go for second degree murder?? Don't know how it works. I'm not a lawyer but like everyone, watch too much L&O and CSI and am an armchair observer.

Bottom line, he's where he should be now. I doubt he'll admit to anything but in the end could cop a plea thinking stupidly he'll get out earlier for Olivia. I think they will see that he fries and use him as the poster boy for what happens to what looks like "good people" on paper, and really quietly and privately "bad people" who think they can get away wilth being wife killers.

I don't think he cares about Olivia at all. He may care about his image, but he doesn't really care about her.

Garnan said:
I don't think he cares about Olivia at all. He may care about his image, but he doesn't really care about her.
If you knew him- you might be thinking differently. All he had was work & math, Olivia, his dog, and the gym. All things that could be predictible. Do something and you get the same response. Ellen unfortunately stopped giving the same respose. I'm glad Olivia is away from him because I wonder how he'd react to the teenage years when kids don't always do what you expect them to do! JMO

Elliemae said:
I am not from the area. Can someone please tell me what the "Wawa" is. LOL

Thanks!

e

:blushing:

My best friend lives in VA. I'm a *bucks nut! Well, she'd drive me to the WaWa (she said *bucks' was too far) to get some of that stuff in the machines. It was ok but a loooooooong way from *bucks. Tha't show I know WaWa. LOL

kato said:
My best friend lives in VA. I'm a *bucks nut! Well, she'd drive me to the WaWa (she said *bucks' was too far) to get some of that stuff in the machines. It was ok but a loooooooong way from *bucks. Tha't show I know WaWa. LOL

Wawa coffee is OK. Better than McDonald's...not as good as Dunkin' Donuts.

The best thing at the Wawa is the fresh-made hoagies. YUM!!!! Just had one for lunch. They started out as a dairy and still make their own brand ice cream etc. Most of them are open 24/7. If he had gone in there to use the ATM machine or buy a lottery ticket it would have made a little more sense, but the street vendors sell soda just as cheap as the Wawa.

luthersmama said:

The best thing at the Wawa is the fresh-made hoagies. YUM!!!! Just had one for lunch. They started out as a dairy and still make their own brand ice cream etc. Most of them are open 24/7. If he had gone in there to use the ATM machine or buy a lottery ticket it would have made a little more sense, but the street vendors sell soda just as cheap as the Wawa.

I just might have to try one of those hoagies next time I'm up in that area. She wants me to come in Feb. because they just moved from Richmond to VA Beach. I said no too cold. Has to be in the summer.

luthersmama said:

I have to disagree but Wawa hoagies are the worst. Try a Primo hoagie and you will love those.

http://www.primohoagies.com/

I find it interesting that Ellen was wrapping presents for her daughter's counselor(s) when she was murdered. Since Raffi was so concerned about money, might he have gotten really mad that she bought presents for her daughter's counselor(s)?

LizPA said:
I find it interesting that Ellen was wrapping presents for her daughter's counselor(s) when she was murdered. Since Raffi was so concerned about money, might he have gotten really mad that she bought presents for her daughter's counselor(s)?
Something tells me he was more concerned about the $4000.00 a month he was going to have to start paying her Jan. 1 2007.:D

FactsareFacts said:
Something tells me he was more concerned about the $4000.00 a month he was going to have to start paying her Jan. 1 2007.:D
No doubt Ellen's plan to leave and him having to pay her child support was the cause of the underlying rage, but something might have initiated a new fight that morning, I think extraneous presents might have set him off, esp if he is really cheap.

AWL said:
...Could the blitz attack show it could be portrayed as rage/crime of passion and they could go for second degree murder??...
Not in my opinion. He took the time to put the dog in his daughter's bedroom. IMO, he did this to keep the dog out of the way while he pulverized his wife.

nanandjim said:
Not in my opinion. He took the time to put the dog in his daughter's bedroom. IMO, he did this to keep the dog out of the way while he pulverized his wife.

No two ways about it. He planned and executed this crime because he wanted to. JMO.

The poor young daughter had a counselor? What kind--standard school counselor or troubled kid counselor?

Probably not until the preliminary hearing and then things will be jumpin'.

Morag said:
The poor young daughter had a counselor? What kind--standard school counselor or troubled kid counselor?

I don't know but I sure found it odd that it was plural, why would she have more than one counselor? I guess since both parents were depressed it stands to reason Olivia might have started to have issues... after all her parents had sperate bedrooms. Not the most warm and cozy atmosphere. :(

Jubie

I love the last sentence that I highlighted. I hope Prof Robb sees this! :razz:

fran

http://cbs3.com/local/local_story_009204334.html

D.A.: Robb May Have Thought He Could Outwit Police

(AP) LOWER MERION Ivy League professor Rafael Robb was an expert in game theory, a complex melding of psychology, human behavior and economics -- all aimed at determining what one's adversary will do next.

With that background, police say, Robb may have thought he could outsmart them.

Robb was arrested and charged this week with bludgeoning his wife to death after what police said was a bungled attempt to make it look like a burglary.

"The efforts to throw police off were amateurish," District Attorney Bruce Castor said.

.........................more at link.........................

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares
Back