GUILTY PA - Four mentally disabled people held captive in Philly dungeon, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is interesting. The video with this article, isn't about what the senator was talking about. It's a relative of Ms Lee, who was found deceased. She was found as a Jane Doe, with no id, except a phone # in her pocket, of this man's phone #. Before she met Linda Weston Ms. Lee had lived with this man and his wife, she was a cousin, I think, of the wife's. Anyway, at the end of the video, it says the SS office said Linda Weston continued to cash Ms. Lee's ss security checks after she was deceased.

Oh, also, this report said she was so badly beaten, they had to use dna to id her. Then they reported death by natural causes. WHAT?! :banghead:

JMHO
fran

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Basement-Abuse-SSA-Casey-Questions-132753483.html

Casey Criticizes SSA Over Philly Basement Case

<<<<<<<<<<< aritcle and video at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have sat on my hands ever since this story first broke, for fear that the words I would type would cause me a permanant leave from WS. I am going to maintain my silence, except to say this:

Any person, agency, or entity that assisted, aided, abetted, ignored, turned a blind eye, or failed to investigate after receiving a complaint, should be arrested, fined, incarcerated, or otherwise held responsible--to the utmost extent of the law--for the suffering of these souls.

Not a slap on the wrist, or a scathing report with no consequences--I want to see harsh action taken against anyone who could have stopped what these people suffered and endured.

Back to sitting on my hands...

This is interesting. The video with this article, isn't about what the senator was talking about. It's a relative of Ms Lee, who was found deceased. She was found as a Jane Doe, with no id, except a phone # in her pocket, of this man's phone #. Before she met Linda Weston Ms. Lee had lived with this man and his wife, she was a cousin, I think, of the wife's. Anyway, at the end of the video, it says the SS office said Linda Weston continued to cash Ms. Lee's ss security checks after she was deceased.

Oh, also, this report said she was so badly beaten, they had to use dna to id her. Then they reported death by natural causes. WHAT?! :banghead:

JMHO
fran

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Basement-Abuse-SSA-Casey-Questions-132753483.html

Casey Criticizes SSA Over Philly Basement Case

<<<<<<<<<<< aritcle and video at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Natural causes." Mennigitis seems to be a common cause of death in the cases related to Weston. A person who has been starved is often more suseptible to disease. But mennigitis I am having trouble processing. Why are several coming up with this diagnosis? And why didn't the coroner take note of the bruising, combined with the malnutrition and the circumstances under which she was found and at least consider a suspicious circumstances or unknown circumstances death?

The one good thing that came of this, and I really wonder how it came about is the phone number in her pocket. At least the family was notified of her death. But I do have to wonder why the phone number was in her pocket. Did Lee know she was dying and want her family notified? Or did Weston want the other family blamed for the neglect? Or did someone else entirely write out that number?

I feel like this one is just the tip of the iceberg. Interesting to note that she wasn't developmentally delayed. I wonder why she was getting social security? And leaving the way she did, did she go with Weston voluntarily or was she kidnapped?

On the so called "loophole" the senator talks about. While I agree with him that it needs to be closed, IMO it wouldn't have helped in this case. If Weston hadn't passed as a payee, I think she would have just used her daughter as payee. We haven't heard of McIntosh having any felonies on her record. And McIntosh seems to be in on this as much as the others.

I have sat on my hands ever since this story first broke, for fear that the words I would type would cause me a permanant leave from WS. I am going to maintain my silence, except to say this:

Any person, agency, or entity that assisted, aided, abetted, ignored, turned a blind eye, or failed to investigate after receiving a complaint, should be arrested, fined, incarcerated, or otherwise held responsible--to the utmost extent of the law--for the suffering of these souls.

Not a slap on the wrist, or a scathing report with no consequences--I want to see harsh action taken against anyone who could have stopped what these people suffered and endured.

Back to sitting on my hands...

BBM

:goodpost:

I nominate for post of the day!

Son and brother of Weston speak out on Doctor Phil. Phlippin Doctor Phil.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/video/phil...nda-weston-speak-out-on-dr-phil-27117073.html#

Admittedly I only caught a few moments of this because my friend called and said they had these two guys sitting outside on a corner hooked up to Doctor Phil. So it wa via satellite. One of our local news guys "sat in" with them. Walt Hunter is his name. I did hear Doc Phil tell them they are victims. Ya think?

Two things that are really bugging me and I want to know:

How did Weston's mother die? How do we know she didn't murder her own mother?

Where is Mr. McIntosh? Apparently she had more than one child with someone named McIntosh. Did he know what she was capable of? If so why didn't he go to court to get his kids when she went to prison? His mother took at least one of those children then passed the child along to others.

On Wednesday, Municipal Court President Judge Marsha Neifield granted the request of Weston’s attorney, George Yacoubian Jr., for a mental health examination of his client. Neifield also granted a partial gag order in the case, preventing prosecutors, the defense and others from making extrajudicial statements prohibited by the state’s rules of professional conduct.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...captive-case/2011/11/02/gIQApsMzfM_story.html

Confronted by a case that has drawn international media coverage, a Philadelphia judge Wednesday barred lawyers, defendants, victims, and minors who may be witnesses from speaking publicly about the imprisonment of four mentally disabled people in a Tacony basement.

snip...Inquirer editor Stan Wischnowski said the gag order would be appealed.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/133125733.html

Investigators probing the dark past of convicted murderer and alleged serial abuser Linda Ann Weston are now looking at cases of anyone who died while in close contact with Weston over the years, including her own mother, according to multiple sources close to the investigation.

Weston's siblings have said their mother, whom they identified as Alice Collier, died in the 1970s. The death was apparently from natural causes related to kidney failure, one relative said.
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/133125723.html

including her own mother

Thank you.

Now can they find out if Mr. McIntosh is living?

Just a 411. I have a friend who lives across from the 15th. That's the police district that includes Tacony. He said that on the day they brought her in everyone knew something was happening big time as the reporters swarmed the vicinity of the precinct. He said this Weston lady needs to get an Academy Award. She played it up so much that it went overboard.

He noted her hair wasn't did and was sticking out every way possible. IMO that happens. It doesn't make her a raging lunatic. However it makes for a picture the woman can't get her own hair done. Can't figure out how to care for herself.

He said she made this stiff stance. She held her head up like to the sky, but looked down her nose so as to be able to see where the heck she was going.

Indeed I do believe she's used to pulling the wackadoodle card.

I caught a little clip of her perp walk. Yeah I got the impression that she was trying to imitate the way she imagined a mentally disabled person might walk if they had two big men pulling them along.

We just need to keep in mind. She got labeled mentally retarded and mentally ill during her last trial. But she went to prison anyway.

I caught a little clip of her perp walk. Yeah I got the impression that she was trying to imitate the way she imagined a mentally disabled person might walk if they had two big men pulling them along.

We just need to keep in mind. She got labeled mentally retarded and mentally ill during her last trial. But she went to prison anyway.

Served just a few years for STARVING a man to death in her closet. It took a couple of months for him to STARVE to DEATH. She should have been executed for that, but thanks to the psychiatrists, she got a slap on the wrist and was let loose to wreak untold misery on many people.

Yeah, she's crazy alright. Crazy as a fox, and clever as a serpent. We're looking at real and profound evil here.

Served just a few years for STARVING a man to death in her closet. It took a couple of months for him to STARVE to DEATH. She should have been executed for that, but thanks to the psychiatrists, she got a slap on the wrist and was let loose to wreak untold misery on many people.

Yeah, she's crazy alright. Crazy as a fox, and clever as a serpent. We're looking at real and profound evil here.

Agree. I can't find the words. Starvation is one of most horrible of deaths and she got 4 years? It would have been better if she had shot him...for him anyway. If the psych testing comes out that's she's insane...I pray there will be an uprising in Philly. Unless she's behind bars...she'll get away again. She's too slick. IMO

I hate it when they put gag orders on cases. We're kept in the dark until trial time. :(

fran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/04/philadelphia-basement-dungeon_n_1076024.html

Because of the media attention on the case, a judge ron Wednesday ordered a gag order on the prosecutors and defense attorneys to help ensure a fair trial, The Inquirer reported.

<<<<<<<<<< full article and video at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/04/philadelphia-basement-dungeon_n_1076024.html

I just saw this thread and read it from beginning to end. It's horrendous what these people have all gone through and that nobody had stopped it sooner. I truly hope that peace is brought to all of the victims and that justice to her fullest extend is reigned down upon all of the offenders as well as those involved in not preventing it.

snipped and BBM
What I'd give for my children to function at a 10 year old level. It's a major benchmark. My daughter, who is a trafficked sex worker has an IQ of 63. She reads and writes at a first grade level and her all around functioning capability is similar to a 6-8 year old. She requires the constant management of her pimp to function.

QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but WHAT?!? Your mentally handicapped daughter IS a trafficked prostitute and has a pimp? How the HE**?! I'm so sorry if I'm out of line by pointing this out, or butting in where I don't belong (isn't that what people should have been doing to prevent what has happened with the case in this entire thread, or forum for that matter?), but I don't understand how or why nobody else has brought this to attention. Please tell me that you've done something to try to prevent or end this?!?!?!?!?!

This is horrid horrid story. No doubt about it. I've thought about it all day, though, and have a couple of questions. The victims are described as being developmentally disabled. The motive seems to be to steal their SSI checks. And yet the victims are described as functioning at a 10 year old level. This cannot be.

The be eligible for SSI, one must meet strict guidelines. There are a few "presumptive disabilities" which automatically qualify a person for SSI, but not many. To qualify under a DD classification, one must test at 69 or lower in their IQ score or their functioning ability must be equal to that level. I know that most people don't consider the connection between chronological age and development very often but I do as I have a number or adult children with DD.

These horribly abused victims are described as functioning at a 10 year old level. Does anyone have any idea how high that is? A person functioning at that level can follow directions, understand safety issues, make reasoned choices and so on. For those under the level of 69, you can safely assume that the vast majority function at around a infant-8 year old level. Think about most third graders. They are very capable little beings, but obviously still needing our care and protection. They can typically cook, write, read, manage simple bus routes, handle hygiene issues, make phone calls, etc. We even start training 10 year olds for baby-sitting jobs.

What I'd give for my children to function at a 10 year old level. It's a major benchmark. My daughter, who is a trafficked sex worker has an IQ of 63. She reads and writes at a first grade level and her all around functioning capability is similar to a 6-8 year old. She requires the constant management of her pimp to function.

These poor folks might have been found eligible under some other classification, such as a physical disability but something is just not adding up. I'll be watching for updates.

I'm tremendously pleased that they were found and freed. How I hope there's an appropriate placement for them.

Wait, what???

I just saw this thread and read it from beginning to end. It's horrendous what these people have all gone through and that nobody had stopped it sooner. I truly hope that peace is brought to all of the victims and that justice to her fullest extend is reigned down upon all of the offenders as well as those involved in not preventing it.

snipped and BBM

I'm sorry, but WHAT?!? Your mentally handicapped daughter IS a trafficked prostitute and has a pimp? How the HE**?! I'm so sorry if I'm out of line by pointing this out, or butting in where I don't belong (isn't that what people should have been doing to prevent what has happened with the case in this entire thread, or forum for that matter?), but I don't understand how or why nobody else has brought this to attention. Please tell me that you've done something to try to prevent or end this?!?!?!?!?!

Not wanting to step on MissIzzy's toes here but many of us are familiar with the story.

MissIzzy's daughter while disabled is over the age of 18. Therefore even though she may be mentally at the age of 10, physically and legally she is over 18 and therefore considered responsible for herself. No one else can make decisions for her without her compliance.

Am I correct MissIzzy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back