Found Deceased PA - Franchesca Alvarado, 22, Philadelphia, 17 March 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sneaker with skeletal foot found in Ocean City, New Jersey

The medical examiner said the remains are of a right foot inside a black Adidas ADI Rise 2 high-top sneaker, size 5½.

Some of the toes have colored nail polish, but the gender and age are unknown.

Police say the remains will be sent to the State Anthropologist for examination and DNA testing.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the New Jersey State Police Major Crime Unit at (609) 561-1800 ext. 3355.

Adidas sizing
Women's Shoe Size - starts at size 5
Mens starts size 6
Junior and Infant Shoe Size C3.5 to 7

Attachments

• shoe87131.jpg
    shoe87131.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 47
I'm not sure if it is an adult 5 1/2 or a kids 5 1/2. For comparison, my 3 year old daughter (3 in May) wears a kids 7. Foot size in relation to age can vary widely.

My 5 year old daughter is in a kids 11. (It goes to 13 in kids and then starts again at 1. I wear an 8 as an adult.)

I'm not sure if it is an adult 5 1/2 or a kids 5 1/2. For comparison, my 3 year old daughter (3 in May) wears a kids 7. Foot size in relation to age can vary widely.

My 5 year old daughter is in a kids 11. (It goes to 13 in kids and then starts again at 1. I wear an 8 as an adult.)
This reminds me of what we went through in Canada out west, as well I'm 50+ and wear 5 1\2 though the hightop speaks to a young person IMO, so sad

My 9 yr old son wears a 4. If that's any help.

I wear a 5-1/2 in womans, a 4 in boys (Kid size tennis shoes)...So it could really be either an adult woman's, or a child's...

I did a google image search; what I found was it looks like a youth sized sneaker with possibly a teen girl or woman's painted toe nail remains in it. They did not mention if there was skin left on it or not.

Going on this being a young men's 5 1/2 shoe, it would be about a size 7ish in ladies, which seems to be a common, average size for a height between 5 ft and 5'7ish.
I can't find anything about that exact model of shoe before 2010, so, I have been looking thru NAMUS for younger ladies, missing after 2010, for PA and NJ.

A couple look possible.

I wonder how far ocean currents could have washed this discovery though...

Going on this being a young men's 5 1/2 shoe, it would be about a size 7ish in ladies, which seems to be a common, average size for a height between 5 ft and 5'7ish.
I can't find anything about that exact model of shoe before 2010, so, I have been looking thru NAMUS for younger ladies, missing after 2010, for PA and NJ.

A couple look possible.

I wonder how far ocean currents could have washed this discovery though...

I had found 2012 on one link
also used this site google image search

The only thing that I think *might* not be a connection is that at 5'7", that's fairly tall.....and likely she would take a larger size shoe than a 5 1/2.

I wore a size 5 1/2 ladies shoe when I was ages 17- 23. It is a small size for a woman. Maybe someone petite, or a young lady.

Feet tend to grow with age and childbearing.

moo.

The only thing that I think *might* not be a connection is that at 5'7", that's fairly tall.....and likely she would take a larger size shoe than a 5 1/2.

I wore a size 5 1/2 ladies shoe when I was ages 17- 23. It is a small size for a woman. Maybe someone petite, or a young lady.

Feet tend to grow with age and childbearing.

moo.

I was going with that Adidas being a 5 1/2 mens size, equaling out to be a 7, 7 1/2 ladies size.

I was going with that Adidas being a 5 1/2 mens size, equaling out to be a 7, 7 1/2 ladies size.

I realize that you were, O'Really.

But looking at the photo of the sneaker (looks like something I would wear and I'm a female) plus the nail polished toes, leads me to speculate this is a female.

And a young or petite lady at that.

I can only assume that the current comments and prayers have to do with the recent sneaker/skeletonized foot found in New Jersey.

If that shoe belongs to Miss Alvarado, I hope that her family will be able to find peace.

http://www.facebook.com/FindaCheka

I'm 5'3". I wear a size 7 ladies, a 5-51/2 boys,there is also a girls tween size available in some stores where the 5s are the same as a ladies 7.ive bought those before. When my DD was in fourth grade we wore the same size shoes. It took me however till high school to make it to a 7.

When I heard about this the first person I thought of was Franchesca Alvarado too. Ocean City is a stone's throw from Atlantic City where she went missing, and everyone seems to believe she was murdered by her date that night. Seems weird that he would drive from Atlantic City to Ocean City to dump a body though. Also wouldn't toenail polish have come off after a year and a half of being in the water? Whoever it is I hope they find out soon so some poor family has some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back