PA PA - French Creek State Park, Union Twp, BlkFem 21-28, 349UFPA, bag w/ "FA", "O" & "ATER", Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That guy with the DC grocery site I believe is a member of that groceteria.com forum.. Think we can persuade him to take this to the grocery store forum?????

Boatswain'sMate said:
I heard back from the guy at the DC Grocery site. He suggested Fazio's, and I told him we'd been round and round about that already. Invited him to come over here and join in.

awagner said:
That guy with the DC grocery site I believe is a member of that groceteria.com forum.. Think we can persuade him to take this to the grocery store forum?????

He suggested I look on that site. Hated to then ask him to do it. He said he thought it was an "interesting post," so maybe he'll do it on his own initiative.

I couldnt get email to go through to the webmaster but I was able to get into the members list without joining and emailed one that had an email addresss listed to ask if he can forward it figuring that they all know each other and have each otheres email... I though about joining and posting it but I wasnt sure if it fit their theme and really just wanted to ask an administrator if they could look into it.. THose guys seem to know grocery stores inside and out...

Anne

Boatswain'sMate said:
He suggested I look on that site. Hated to then ask him to do it. He said he thought it was an "interesting post," so maybe he'll do it on his own initiative.

awagner said:
I couldnt get email to go through to the webmaster but I was able to get into the members list without joining and emailed one that had an email addresss listed to ask if he can forward it figuring that they all know each other and have each otheres email... I though about joining and posting it but I wasnt sure if it fit their theme and really just wanted to ask an administrator if they could look into it.. THose guys seem to know grocery stores inside and out...

Anne

I couldn't figure out how to contact the groceteria people without joining, you're way more resourceful than I am! I bet they jump on this puzzle. They already have a forum for identifying logos or signs or something.

(I was a little afraid that the gruesome links on my first post to the DCGrocery site would get me kicked off.)

I lived in the Cleveland, Ohio area back in the mid to late 1980's and remember the Fazio supermarket chain and the logo was block style letters exactly like the letters on this bag. This ad is from 1975 when the merger with Fisher Food included both names but by the 1980 it was only Fazio. The logo was more like the letter that say Fazio Food Emporium.

Take a look at this ad.
http://groups.msn.com/OhioGrocery/miscellaneousohiogroceries.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=958
Is this the image of the girl with the bonnet?

I just noticed that the "-ated" looks like it's stamped on the bag and not part of the logo or original printing on the bag. It could say "DATED." And then maybe there's an obliterated date after that.

I think the ated is part of the word associATED and is from the
company Associated Bag Comapny of Pennsylvania. Under the ATED are the Letters PA.
That is the abbreviation for pennsylvania. This is a company that makes bags. I posted
a weblink for them a few posts back. If they did manufacture the bag prehaps they can identify the logo . who knows??

Mjak

mjak said:
I think the ated is part of the word associATED and is from the
company Associated Bag Comapny of Pennsylvania. Under the ATED are the Letters PA.
That is the abbreviation for pennsylvania. This is a company that makes bags. I posted
a weblink for them a few posts back. If they did manufacture the bag prehaps they can identify the logo . who knows??

Mjak

I think that's a good possibility.

MyJessieAngel said:
LOL, Paradise, you are hysterical! :::::still laughing::::
lol...well I have AOL and when I saw that they had an AOL address I added them to my buddy list and lo and behold the next day they were online! It took about 10 minutes of me pleading my case but they finally responded. Unfortunately it wasn't the response I was looking for :(.

Great! you may be onto something. I was going to print out your JPG with the logo aside of the bag and drop it off for Det. McClure but since you contacted Farmer Jacks it can wait until you hear something from them..

MyJessieAngel said:
Well, I sent the following email to the company's contact person:

I am a member of a group called websleuths
Here is our link
( http://websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37&page=1&sort=lastpost&order=&pp=25&daysprune=-1 )
One of the cold cases we are trying to solve is that of a young woman who was murdered. Her body was discovered in 1988 in a shallow grave along with pieces of a white plastic grocery bag with lettering on it.
I made a screen shot of the picture of the bag off one of the sites, and a screenshot of the Farmer Jack logo. They are remarkably similar, although the word below what looks to be the beginning of the word "Farmer" looks like it starts possibly with the letters CLO. I live in Michigan, and have lived on both sides of the state. On the west side we had a store called Farmer Fridays, whose logo looked similar too. What I am asking is, in the "Farmer" family of stores, is there a "Farmer" store with the letters CLO in it? If so, would you know in which area or which state it was located?
Below is a picture of both screenshots together for comparison (I also sent the picture as an attachment)

(image not shown)

Here are two links for the case:
First is the page from Doe network
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/349ufpa.html
Second is the link from,PennsylvaniaMissing site, and you must scroll down to the bottom of the page to get to her case. On this page is also the pictures of the partial grocery bag.
http://www.pennsylvaniamissing.com/pages/20/page20.html

Any help or information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Sincerely,
Kyra L Longhway

"My Jessie Angel"
( http://www.freewebs.com/myjessieangel/ )

Of course on the email itself the image showed up fine, and I added the image as an attachment as well, just to cover all bases.
All we can do now I guess is wait to see if they respond.
::::::keeping my fingers crossed and hoping REAL hard:::::::

mjak said:
Sorry all it looks like to me is one of those ink blot tests, lol.
I think I see a pair of legs with knee socks on, lol

mjak

I see a butterfly next to a poppy. :waitasec:

I am seeing all kinds of dottie dots. There is writing at the bottom. looks like hardi something. Is Hardeeville around there somewhere? Hardee's was before Cracker Barrel. Sorry Hardeeville is SC. Stuckey's was a road side stop years ago too.

where do you see this writing. I am not seeing it.

mjak

I can definitely see a 4 in the centre of the picture...I think other people were mentioning seeing this...

Paradise said:
Just to let you know, when I e-mailed Faygo they deleted my e-mail (I could check the status of the e-mail because I have AOL and they also have an AOL account) and whoever I talked to said that they don't open e-mails with attachments. In the future it might be better to just send a link to the pennsylvaniamissing site and just give them directions to just scroll down to the bottom. I'd resend the e-mail you sent with just the link and no pictures to make sure that they open it.

Because so many viruses come attached to emails, most companies do have policies not to open emails with attachments. I agree that in order to have a higher chance at getting the email looked at, it is best to post the image in an image host, and then to link to the image in your email.

I can see the four also. Did grocery stores ever put coupons on the bags? Just wondering if thats 49 cents.

Theres a Farmers Market in Birdsboro, Pa. close to French Creeck State Park. I wonder if that was there 20 years ago.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tittlelomy
Back