PA PA - French Creek State Park, Union Twp, BlkFem 21-28, 349UFPA, bag w/ "FA", "O" & "ATER", Jul'88

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The links on the first page of this thread (to the case/ picture of bag) aren't working.

Could someone update them please?:angel:

not being able to drag and drop a photo is a problem......i have redone the picture using different tools to hi light certain areas on the bag......but need a address link to post here, i rather not do that, for it shows private information.....why cant we just drag and drop a photo here?

I usually upload my pictures to imageshack or photobucket when I post pictures.
Using imageshack won't "show any private information" :)

Thanks CCJD!
It would be good if someone could also put the links on the first page to easily find them;)

:blowkiss:

Could it be the word "Famous" like maybe it says "Famous JOE's eatery" or something like that. I'm not from PA...anyone have any thoughts on that?

could also be "Farm and Fleet" or something like that, that could have printed 40% off sale bags or something. Stores sometimes have special bags printed when they are running big sales as they help with additional advertising...

My 2 cents - underneath the "FA", I see a giant "4". Which would make the shape next to the "4" look like a "9", in my opinion.

This is a total guess, but could the last line say X-RATED?

Perhaps ,FAMILY OWNED AND OPERATED FOR OVER 30 YEARS

French Creek State Park is located smack dab in the middle of Reading,Wyomissing,Downingtown,Phoenixville,and Jeffersonville.Perhaps the killer lived in one of those areas,and got the bag from a store in one of those areas? They knew about French Park,and that it would be a good place to stash a body?

In addition,there are a couple major roads going near the park,so it may have been someone driving by that just saw the park,and decided to dump the body

could also be "Farm and Fleet" or something like that, that could have printed 40% off sale bags or something. Stores sometimes have special bags printed when they are running big sales as they help with additional advertising...

I had thought the A T E D was the end of the word DEDICATED, so going with the family dollar bag theme on the thread I googled the Family Dollar Dedicated and came up with links referring to a fleet. I returned to read the rest of the post on the thread and see you typed the word fleet- I found it interesting. Seems family dollar prides itself on it dedicated fleets from the family dollar sites looked over ,not sure if they would print it on a bag or not. But Either way I think the word on the bag is DEDICATED. I just googled dedicated family dollar and the fleet info (which isnt much) popped up .

The first thing that came to my mind before looking at the pic, for the letters, ater, is maternity. Perhaps this is due to having 6 babies. Were there any shops called Family *** that included maternity wear? I doubt it is a very flimsy grocery bag if it is still in this good shape after so long.

Where is the beginning of this thread? (not about the bag) I read about this case but it has been awhile. I want to reread it. Thanks!

After looking at the pics at the first of the thread, I don't see how anyone can make out anything from those, but the letters described could mean a cafeteria of some sort. Take out food in a bag. some of the letters in the description are the same ones in the word cafeteria.

I wonder if the bag could be from a gas station. Here in Jersey we have a small station by the name of Route 49... The bags they give out also have the number 49 along with wording on them.

Or maybe some store was celebrating 40 years of service? That would explain the number but as for the words I don't know...

Could the smaller would have been Federated? I seem to remember the word Federated used in conjuction with grocery store names...

I think its from a restaurant or clothing store. The remains where found in 1988 and had been there atleast 2 years, grocery stores didnt really start using plastic bags until after that, I cant remember when but it was atleast 1990.
The font also indicates to me that it is not a grocery store, rather fancy font.

I think the "ater" is part of the location ie:town or street since it is on the bottom.

To be honest, I think it says family dollar store.

Check this ebay out,
http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Mickey-...in_0?hash=item27aae5a00b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

I looked at several mickey, disney productions shirts online and on ebay, they where 50/50 poly/cotton in the 80's. This one is 100% and the tag matches what was on the tag of the doe.

There where not disney stores in the 80's, I would believe that one would have to have purchased this shirt with this specific tag from Disney Land or Disney World. So they may have been from Florida or California, or have visited but I am going to look around missing doenetwork in those states for a bit.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2516dfpa.html She was on her way to the store

Dorothy Williams
Missing since January 19, 1987 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 14, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • AKA: Dorothy Thornton
Circumstances of Disappearance
Dorothy Williams left her home on the morning of January 19, 1987 to go to the store. She hasn't been seen since.

Elverson, Pa. Where doe was found is only about 20-30 miles from Philly

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Elverson&state=PA

I think this is a great find. Definitely submit it. With only skeletonized remains, there is no way the artist could know stuff like hair length or nose or lips or eyebrows. The face shape looks similar enough to me.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2516dfpa.html She was on her way to the store

Dorothy Williams
Missing since January 19, 1987 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: September 14, 1964
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
  • AKA: Dorothy Thornton
Circumstances of Disappearance
Dorothy Williams left her home on the morning of January 19, 1987 to go to the store. She hasn't been seen since.

Elverson, Pa. Where doe was found is only about 20-30 miles from Philly

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Elverson&state=PA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leahruss