PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a few tweets:

LaurieMasonSchroeder
‏Verified account @LehighCourts
18h18 hours ago

Day two of Grace Packer pretrial hearing underway. We learned this morning that Jacob Sullivan was hauled before a grand jury after Grace's body was found and he asserted his 5th amendment rights.

Detectives are going over the investigation process. We will hear from a county detective next. #GracePacker

Detectives recount alleged confession in Grace Packer homicide

BREAKING -- On tape, Jacob Sullivan said he confessed to Grace Packer's murder so he would be placed in protective custody in jail.

and from article: (might be a repeat of what watergirl posted)
http://www.mcall.com/news/police/mc-nws-grace-packer-pretrial-day-two-20180123-story.html

Sara Packer was not in court Tuesday, and her attorneys have not filed any pretrial motions. Prosecutors on Monday withdrew a motion to try Packer and Sullivan together, signaling there would be two trials unless Packer pleads guilty.

Prosecutors said they will seek the death penalty for Sullivan if he’s convicted, and possibly for Packer.

Judge Diane Gibbons said she will not rule on the motions from the bench, but will issue a decision before Sullivan’s trial in September.

Sullivan and Packer are being held in the Bucks County Jail without bail.

James O'Malley
‏ @omalley_news
20h20 hours ago

Now in day three of pretrial hearings, a Bucks County judge is again hearing recordings of Jacob Sullivan speaking to police about killing, coverup: “It was no fun. We didn’t enjoy it. It was all stress and trauma.”

Sullivan can be heard on tape describing 14-year-old Grace Packer as a “relentless” problem child. Bringing teen home from North Carolina akin to “unleashing a tornado in the house” he says he told girl’s adoptive mother Sara Packer.

Sullivan on tape tells detectives he and Packer plotted to kill Grace out of concern for the physical safety of their other children.

After sexual assault, Sullivan said, he left Grace in attic, gagged with her hands and feet bound with zip ties, arms and legs bound together: “We were just hoping that the heat would have taken care of her.”

Returning to the Richland attic hours later, Sullivan says in recording he and Packer found Grace sleeping but still alive.

“I tightened my arm around her neck until she stopped breathing,” he said, remarking to police that the killing required more effort than he expected. Says as he choked Grace he told her, “Just go. It’s okay. Just go.”

Sullivan, in recording, also makes repeated mention to polic of being hypnotized against his will and says life in wake of killing Grace has been like an “immersive” experience with “virtual reality” or a “video game.”

In first recorded interview, Sullivan switches from matter-of-fact descriptions of killing to rambling, almost incoherent statements about his hallucinations.

In part of response to question about medications taken day of interview, Sullivan talks about an “imaginary guy” who “in the game” gave him a bizarre set of instructions. Goes on to say he is currently hallucinating.

“No that doesn’t exist,” Sullivan says at one point describing his hallucinations. “I’m like, in there, a fireball thing. It was real bizarre.”

Despite hallucinations, Sullivan tells police on recording, he is being truthful and says he “really, really, really” regrets killing. “It wasn’t a good thing to do, obviously. It was a huge mistake... I just don’t want to be murdered in jail.”

link: https://twitter.com/omalley_news

Killing Grace Packer was ‘no fun’ suspect says in recorded interview
http://www.theintell.com/news/20180...was-no-fun-suspect-says-in-recorded-interview

Sullivan is set for trial in September. Defense attorneys have moved to select an out-of-county jury, but Gibbons indicated earlier in the week that she is likely to order that lawyers at least try to pick local jurors. Sara Packer’s new trial date is not immediately clear.

Thank you for the updates Niner!

Such disturbing details...
After sexual assault, Sullivan said, he left Grace in attic, gagged with her hands and feet bound with zip ties, arms and legs bound together: “We were just hoping that the heat would have taken care of her.”

Sullivan then go on to say the garbage about being hypnotized and hallucinations...but he had the wherewithal to say "I just don’t want to be murdered in jail.”

I'm a strong believer in "innocent until proven guilty'. But, man, this is challenging my conviction to that process.

Jesus Christ.....I stopped reading 10 pages ago because the hatred and nausea was overwhelming.

I have no words. "...murdered in jail." I'd be happy to..and bind all of you to hell.

I just want to say thank you to everyone for the updates.
It's hard to read the details of this case without getting angry.

Sullivan purportedly stated: "I just don't want to be murdered in jail."

I wonder why he doesn't want to be murdered in jail. I think, were I to have the opportunity, I'd ask him that. I'm not certain that he could possibly answer that with any credibility or generally accepted logic.

Anyone find the next court hearing date? I looked at the two tweeter accounts I have and neither has one....

TIA!

Anyone find the next court hearing date? I looked at the two tweeter accounts I have and neither has one....

TIA!
Niner, this says 4/16/18.

https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/DocketSheets/CP.aspx
5812deb7a79c5980253dbecd11e2e9c6.jpg

Sullivan purportedly stated: "I just don't want to be murdered in jail."

I wonder why he doesn't want to be murdered in jail. I think, were I to have the opportunity, I'd ask him that. I'm not certain that he could possibly answer that with any credibility or generally accepted logic.

He raped and murdered a child, and prison has a justice system also. It will be brutal if it happens. Not linking!

I hope he has terrifying recurring nightmares of all the sadistic things that could happen to him.

He raped and murdered a child, and prison has a justice system also. It will be brutal if it happens. Not linking!

I hope he has terrifying recurring nightmares of all the sadistic things that could happen to him.

And I hope his nightmares turn into reality!!

Thanks watergirl - it says "Trial" next to April 16 AND Sept. 17th - ?? :thinking:

And another website I can't get into from here (Europe). :gaah:

Oh - I noticed this is just for him - do you have anything on Sara??

TIA! :wave:

Thanks watergirl - it says "Trial" next to April 16 AND Sept. 17th - ?? :thinking:

And another website I can't get into from here (Europe). :gaah:
MSM says September, so September 17 for JS. Not sure if there is anything to watch for in April or not, but it's listed.

SP docket sheet also says September 17.

Aren't they being tried together? Like Dinardo and Kratz (also Bucks County)?
346bff5a03e4c5f601e2fe5ca0d741d3.jpg

I believe you are correct watergirl about trial starting for BOTH of them. I see in the above that March 16th they have to file Voir Dire & Jury Instructions.

Monday was to be Sullivan’s last court date before his trial, which is slated to begin in September. The prosecution withdrew its request to combine Sullivan’s case with Packer’s.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/crime/jacob-sullivan-returns-to-bucks-county-court-for-hearing-in-rape-murder-of-grace-parker-20180122.html?mobi=true

Sara Packer

Order setting Trial Date for 9-17-18. PreTrial set for 1-22-18. Proposed Voir Dire questions and Jury Instructions filed on or before 3-16-18.

Per PA Common Pleas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asset Locator
Back