PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
watergirl - could you post again the Court docket for them both. Wondering if Sullivan & Packer will be in court on 3/16. Another site I can't get into!! :gaah:

TIA! :wave:

watergirl - could you post again the Court docket for them both. Wondering if Sullivan & Packer will be in court on 3/16. Another site I can't get into!! :gaah:

SP's is still same as posted by kdg.

JS's says:

4-16-18 trial date continued

9-17-2018 trial scheduled, and

proposed voir dire questions and jury instruction filed on/ before 5-18-18.

Okay - this is what I have:

Friday, March 16th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016/found Oct. 31, 2016) - for Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. DA seeks DP; Trial to start Sept 17; Judge ruled to seal the case. Hearing set for April 16, proposed voir Dire, etc on or before May 18th; trial Sept. 17th.
and for Sara Packer (42) adopted "mom" indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. Pled not guilty. DA not sure of DP yet.
Proposed voir dire questions & jury instructions have to be filed by today, 3/16.

Correct?

The various agencies and people that quite obviously dropped the ball throughout Grace Packer's life... have they 'skated' free of accountability? Has the passage of time worked to free them of scrutiny?

Monday, April 16th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016/found Oct. 31, 2016) - for Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. DA seeks DP; Trial to start Sept 17, 2018; Judge ruled to seal the case.
Hearing set for April 16, proposed voir Dire, etc on May 18th; trial Sept. 17th.
and for Sara Packer (42) adopted "mom" indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. Pled not guilty. DA not sure of DP yet.

From past hearings I had two tweeters, neither one is saying anything about this so far this morning.

Monday, April 16th:
*Status Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016/found Oct. 31, 2016) - for Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. DA seeks DP; Trial to start Sept 17, 2018; Judge ruled to seal the case.
Hearing set for April 16, proposed voir Dire, etc on May 18th; trial Sept. 17th.

Can some further clarify what a judge ruling to "seal the case" actually means? Thanks!

watergirl - can you look up the docket and "see" what's going on? There was a Status hearing on April 16th. Any further "dates"?

watergirl - can you look up the docket and "see" what's going on? There was a Status hearing on April 16th. Any further "dates"?

For some, reason, I can't click through the pdf document icon to get the submenu using my phone without 20 attempts. Gah. Anyways, the court summary says the next event is 9/17 and the court docket hasn't been updated yet.

Friday, May 18th:
*Proposed Voir Dire & Jury Instructions Hearing (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016; found Oct. 31, 2016) – for Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44) (Bf of amom) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. DA seeks DP. Trial was to start March 26, 2018, delayed until Sept. 17th.
And for Sara Packer (42) adopted "mom" indicted on 1st degree murder, rape, kidnapping & dismemberment. Plead not guilty; DA not sure yet to seek DP. Trial set for September 17th. Proposed voir dire questions & jury instructions have to be filed by today or on/before May 18th.

Anyone have a link to their court site? Bucks County? I can't remember if I can get into that site, and not finding one that takes me to court dockets.... :doh:

bumpit.gif

Anyone have any info on this case?? Next court hearing date maybe??

TIA!
wave-smiley.gif

I'm not great at reading dockets/summaries but here they are retrieved from Common Pleas Docket Sheet:

Jacob Sullivan: Docket & Court Summary

Sara Packer: Docket & Court Summary

From what I can tell, the next trial date is 9/17/2018

There hasn't been anything lately in local news sources either. This case took place in Bucks county which is also where the Cosmo Dinardo case happened so my guess is they have their hands full right now!

Anyone have any info on this case?? Next court hearing date maybe??

TIA!
wave-smiley.gif

I'm not great at reading dockets/summaries but here they are retrieved from Common Pleas Docket Sheet:

There hasn't been anything lately in local news sources either. This case took place in Bucks county which is also where the Cosmo Dinardo case happened so my guess is they have their hands full right now!

Thank you ugh for the links, but I can't access them over here.... just wanted to know if there might be a "date" before their trial that starts on 9/17. So I'm guessing not. Thanks again!

I also read that the court-appointed attorney for Katz in the Dinardo/Katz case is the same attorney representing Sara Packer. Katz' trial has not been scheduled yet.

Bucks County judge imposes gag order in homicide case of Cosmo DiNardo's cousin

And yes, Niner, the next scheduled date is trial on 9/17.

Thanks @JerseyGirl! Can't read the link you just posted.... prohibited over here. So no trial on 9/17 - maybe a hearing on that date? Will note 1/14/19 as a Motion hearing or is that when trial starts?

TIA! Sorry for all the questions! :)

Excerpts from the piece referenced in post #697...

"The trials to determine what happened to 14-year-old Grace Packer... have been postponed until January."

"Court records show that [the judge] recently granted a defense motion to continue the case and set it for Jan. 14."

"[The judge] previously sealed the file, so details of the motion are not public."

"Another pretrial hearing is set for September in the case..."

Thank you four4rock. Wondering if the pretrial hearing is for Sept. 17th, the "old" trial date, since they had the courtroom scheduled....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back