PA - Grace Packer, 14, murdered, Abington, 4 July 2016 *Killer died*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi David, thanks for your response. I do remember that you had asked a couple different members of the media and people involved with the case about the possibility of the note being a forgery, but hadn’t gotten a satisfactory answer yet. It’s interesting the suicide attempts themselves are so suspicious, between the note & SP’s statements and the time lapse of 5 minutes between the third roommate arriving home and calling 911.

One thing I’m NOT surprised about is that Allbright is having some suspicion cast on her; I’m not saying she did or did not do anything in relation to the murder, but if there was systemic abuse of Grace occurring at the hands of SP and her boyfriend, then it’s logical to assume she’d have seen something living with them all in close quarters.

I exchanged Twitter posts with NBC10 reporter Deanna Durante about forensic evaluation of the handwritten SULLIVAN SUICIDE NOTE. Durante acknowledged the issue but there was no response from her or any followup to my knowledge. Deanna Durante (@deannadurante) | Twitter

As I stated before, I gained access to the actual apartment in which the SULLIVAN/PACKER "suicide pact" was said to have occurred, during a showing of the apartment when it was for rent. I stood in the hallway, stood in the bathroom, stood in the bedroom in which SULLIVAN/PACKER were found. I have posted to this effect here, with photos from inside the apartment and bathroom.

You mentioned "close quarters". An apt phrase about that basement apartment. It is small. The bathroom which, IIRC, PACKER was "discovered unconscious" was too small for me to lay down. The bathroom was less than 10 feet away from the bedroom where, IIRC, SULLIVAN was removed unconscious from the "suicide pact" drug overdose. My understanding of the timeline is that PACKER must have been in the bathroom, unconscious but undiscovered, while a team of EMTs (with ALLBRIGHT) removed SULLIVAN from the bedroom and transported him from the apartment to the hospital. Later in the same day, ALLBRIGHT returned to the apartment to "discover" PACKER unconscious in the bathroom of the same apartment, at which time PACKER was transported to the same hospital.

Having stood in the SULLIVAN/PACKER "SUICIDE PACT" apartment, stood in the bathroom, and walked the hallway from bathroom to bedroom where SULLIVAN was discovered... this flatly seems impossible. It seems impossible that a grown woman was unconscious in that tiny bathroom, unnoticed, while a team of EMTs removed SULLIVAN from that apartment as ALLBRIGHT stood nearby. I have stood in each room and hallway, and I do not believe that PACKER was unconscious in that bathroom as EMTs and ALLBRIGHT took SULLIVAN out of that apartment. I don't believe it.

I exchanged Twitter posts with NBC10 reporter Deanna Durante about forensic evaluation of the handwritten SULLIVAN SUICIDE NOTE. Durante acknowledged the issue but there was no response from her or any followup to my knowledge. Deanna Durante (@deannadurante) | Twitter

As I stated before, I gained access to the actual apartment in which the SULLIVAN/PACKER "suicide pact" was said to have occurred, during a showing of the apartment when it was for rent. I stood in the hallway, stood in the bathroom, stood in the bedroom in which SULLIVAN/PACKER were found. I have posted to this effect here, with photos from inside the apartment and bathroom.

You mentioned "close quarters". An apt phrase about that basement apartment. It is small. The bathroom which, IIRC, PACKER was "discovered unconscious" was too small for me to lay down. The bathroom was less than 10 feet away from the bedroom where, IIRC, SULLIVAN was removed unconscious from the "suicide pact" drug overdose. My understanding of the timeline is that PACKER must have been in the bathroom, unconscious but undiscovered, while a team of EMTs (with ALLBRIGHT) removed SULLIVAN from the bedroom and transported him from the apartment to the hospital. Later in the same day, ALLBRIGHT returned to the apartment to "discover" PACKER unconscious in the bathroom of the same apartment, at which time PACKER was transported to the same hospital.

Having stood in the SULLIVAN/PACKER "SUICIDE PACT" apartment, stood in the bathroom, and walked the hallway from bathroom to bedroom where SULLIVAN was discovered... this flatly seems impossible. It seems impossible that a grown woman was unconscious in that tiny bathroom, unnoticed, while a team of EMTs removed SULLIVAN from that apartment as ALLBRIGHT stood nearby. I have stood in each room and hallway, and I do not believe that PACKER was unconscious in that bathroom as EMTs and ALLBRIGHT took SULLIVAN out of that apartment. I don't believe it.
@david.r.feeney Do you think the suicide note will come up at trial...maybe testimony from a handwriting expert?

There seems to be less information that has been published about Sara's case...which always makes me feel uneasy. Do you think they will have her testify at Sullivan's trial for a reduction in sentence? If so, I bet that suicide note will not be mentioned. What a travesty that would be if they offered her a deal.

Are you planning on attending the trial?

@david.r.feeney Do you think the suicide note will come up at trial...maybe testimony from a handwriting expert?

There seems to be less information that has been published about Sara's case...which always makes me feel uneasy. Do you think they will have her testify at Sullivan's trial for a reduction in sentence? If so, I bet that suicide note will not be mentioned. What a travesty that would be if they offered her a deal.

Are you planning on attending the trial?

I live in Bucks County, close to most events and locations of the GRACE PACKER case.

I attended the GRACE PACKER memorial service. Packed church, media, police, the emotionally shattered biological parents and grieving community. JD Mullane, the columnist for Bucks County Courier Times, was seated directly in front of me.

My wife and I drove to the QUAKERTOWN house where Grace was murdered and the corpse was kept. It was in winter and the road is desolate and scary. The owners of the property on which the house sits were not friendly. I suspect they had a lot of attention from onlookers.

My wife (a registered nurse) and I visited the intensive care unit of the hospital where SULLIVAN/PACKER were taken, and where SULLIVAN confessed. I speculated if SULLIVAN and PACKER could have communicated with each other (or through a common shared visitor like ALLBRIGHT) while they were both in that hospital. Seems physically feasible, but little or no details have been released about the time when SULLIVAN/PACKER were both inside the hospital.

As for the trial? Not sure if I can make time to attend.

If anyone else from this discussion was planning to attend the trial, it might be interesting to meetup for coffee at a place local to Doylestown, PA courthouse to compare notes and discuss the case. My email is david.r.feeney@gmail.com

I'll accept your perspective because you were there. Although, IMO, I could see how no attention given to the bathroom in the crush of medical emergency could occur. But, I wonder, in that community when EMT/EMS is dispatched, do police also get dispatched? That's what happens in my community. And, typically, they'd do some general walk through... and, I'd expect, that in the case of an OD, the cops would naturally check the medicine cabinet.

Also, I agree with - what seems like - a peculiar uncertainty about a handwritten note. Possibly, verification has actually occurred, and (for some legal strategic reason) is being held confidential(?).

Is SARAH PACKER enough of a mastermind to...

1) Lure JACOB SULLIVAN into a SUICIDE PACT that she intended to fake so that JACOB SULLIVAN ended up dead and SARAH PACKER alive?

2) Execute the FAKE SUICIDE PACT PLAN which required SARAH PACKER to forge a handwritten SUICIDE NOTE attributed to JACOB SULLIVAN? Recall that SARAH PACKER is currently charged with forging other handwritten documents in this case.

3) Dupe or persuade KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT into participating in FAKE SUICIDE PACT PLAN? Recall that KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT "discovered" SARAH PACKER "unresponsive" in the same apartment bathroom hours after ALLBRIGHT and EMS moved JACOB SULLIVAN from apartment to hospital after "SUICIDE PACT". ALLBRIGHT then transported PACKER to same hospital as SULLIVAN in which SULLIVAN survived, awoke, and confessed.

My speculation is yes: SARAH PACKER duped JACOB SULLIVAN into a FAKE SUICIDE PACT, forged the handwritten SUICIDE NOTE as if from SULLIVAN, and may have duped or persuaded KATHERINE ALLBRIGHT to participate.

Time will tell. David

----------------------------------

JACOB SULLIVAN RETRACTS HOSPITAL CONFESSION, ATTORNEYS PORTRAY SARAH PACKER AS "MASTERMIND" OF MURDER OF GRACE PACKER

Attorneys for Jacob Sullivan, who is charged with the rape and murder of 14-year-old Grace Packer, said they will use Children and Youth records and other documents to show that Grace’s adoptive mother, Sara Packer, was the mastermind behind the killing.

“There was a contentious, at best, relationship between Sara Packer and Grace Packer,” Senior Deputy Public Defender Jack Fagan told Judge Diane Gibbons during a pretrial hearing for Sullivan in Bucks County Court on Wednesday.

Sullivan, 46, allegedly confessed to the killing and implicated Packer, 44. He’s now contesting that confession, saying he was delusional.

Jacob Sullivan's attorneys claim Sara Packer masterminded 14-year-old Grace Packer's rape and murder

Last edited:
Tuesday, February 19th:
*Jury Selection begins (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016, Abington; found Oct. 31, 2016 by hunters) – only for *Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44/now 46) (Bf of amom) arrested (Jan. 2017) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). No bond. DA seeks DP.
Trial was to start March 26, 2018, was delayed until Sept. 17, 2018, delayed again to 1/14/19 & again to 3/14/19.
8/13/18 Update: Motions to continue trial filed by defense; Judge grants motion re scheduled for 1/14/19.
1/7/19 Update: Trial has been moved (again!). Today (1/14/19) is a pretrial hearing which will run thru 1/18/19. Jury selection begins 2/19, final pretrial hearing on 3/4, trial set to begin 3/14.
1/18/19 Update: Trials will be separate. Packer will follow Sullivan’s trial. Calling the images “emotionally disturbing,” Bucks County Judge Diane Gibbons on Friday denied prosecutors’ requests to show close up photos of Grace Packer’s dismembered remains to a jury. Gibbons also denied a defense request to delay the trial pending appellate court rulings on challenges to Pennsylvania’s death penalty statute. Next Jury selection on 2/19.
*Sara Packer (42/now 44) adopted "mom" arrested (Jan. 2017) & indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA not sure yet to see DP. Packer’s trial will follow Sullivan’s. No dates set.

Jacob Sullivan pleads guilty in Grace Packer murder, may face death; Sara Packer will also plead guilty

Excerpt:
In two stunning moves today, Jacob Sullivan pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the killing of 14-year-old Grace Packer, while officials said Grace’s adoptive mother, Sara Packer, will also plead guilty and serve a life sentence for her daughter’s slaying.

A jury will now be seated to determine whether Sullivan should get the death penalty, or serve life in prison for the 2016 killing. Sara Packer, 44, is expected to testify in the penalty phase of Sullivan’s trial.

Packer, who was expected to go to trial next month, “has been cooperating with commonwealth for a substantial period of time now,” Packer’s defense attorney, Keith Williams, said outside the courtroom.

“She will continue to do so until this case for Mr. Sullivan is completed,” Williams said. “After that we expect she will enter her own guilty plea and be sentenced to life plus whatever additional sentence the judge imposes. That’s all I can say.”

A very interesting set of issues from Grace Packer murder case: The involvement of Sara Packer as an employee in the social services system which oversaw Grace Packer's forced removal from biological parents and adoption by Sara Packer:

Will Grace Packer case put child welfare system on trial?
Laurie Mason Schroeder
The Morning Call

"Aside from the gruesome allegations of Grace’s death, one reason child advocates will be watching Packer and Sullivan’s trial so closely is that so many agencies were involved in her care.

Born in 2001 to parents who suffered from mental illness, Grace was placed in foster care by age 3, amid allegations of abuse and neglect in her home. A Berks County judge terminated Rose and Rodney Hunsicker’s parental rights in 2006, clearing the way for Sara Packer and her then-husband David Packer to adopt Grace — then named Susan Hunsicker — in 2007.

Sara Packer was an adoption supervisor with Northampton County’s Children, Youth and Families Division, and she and David Packer fostered at least 30 children in their Allentown home until David Packer was convicted of sexually abusing Grace and another foster daughter in 2011.

David Packer’s crime prompted an investigation by Lehigh County Children and Youth, but Grace remained with her adoptive mother, who later moved with Sullivan to Montgomery County, and then Richland Township, Bucks County, where Grace was allegedly murdered.

After Grace’s death, several of her former foster siblings claimed that they reported abuse in the home years before. Jessica Rotellini Law, who was 16 when she lived with the Packers in 2006, said she told her caseworker that 6-year-old Grace was being forced to clean up dog feces.

And records uncovered by The Morning Call showed that the state Welfare Department’s regional Office of Children Youth and Families in Scranton investigated a report that David Packer physically abused Grace in 2008, three years before he pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting her, but no charges were filed.

After Packer and Sullivan were arrested, prosecutors said the couple expressed “hatred” toward Grace.

For Richard Wexler, executive director of National Coalition for Child Protection Reform, the potential missteps in Grace’s case began while she was still living with the Hunsickers. Too often, Wexler said, child protection agencies equate a family’s poverty with neglect.

“The underlying tragedy is that she was taken from her birth parents in the first place,” Wexler said. “One is left to wonder why there wasn’t more of an effort made to fix the family’s problems, instead of destroying the family.”

The Hunsickers are expected to attend the trial and read victim impact statements if Packer and Sullivan are convicted and sentenced."

Last edited:
Since I can't read/access the 2 last articles posted - was there a court date for jury start?
Or did they pick one yesterday? And will just continue?
And if he's in the hospital will that delay stuff?

TIA! :)

Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty in Rape and Murder of Girlfriend's 14-Year-Old Daughter (with clip)

February 19, 2019

"Over two years after a Pennsylvania teenager’s dismembered body was found by hunters in October 2016, her mother’s boyfriend has pleaded guilty.

Jacob Sullivan of Horsham, 46, pleaded guilty on Tuesday in the rape, murder and dismemberment of 14-year-old Grace Packer, according to the Associated Press, KYW News and the Bucks County Courier Times.

Grace was beaten and raped before her remains were preserved in cat litter for three months. Then, Sullivan chopped up her body and dumped it in a remote area of Pennsylvania....

Packer, 43, who is scheduled to testify against Sullivan, is expected to plead guilty and be sentenced to life, according to her attorney, Keith Williams....

jury will be selected next month for Sullivan’s death penalty proceeding."

Pennsylvania Man Pleads Guilty in Rape and Murder of Girlfriend's 14-Year-Old Daughter
---

Jim Melwert‏Verified account @JMelwert Feb 19
Jacob Sullivan’s guilty plea interrupted. He was taken to Doylestown Hospital as his blood pressure spiked. He admitted to raping and killing 14yo Grace Packer but plea had not been accepted yet. To be continued tomorrow... @KYWNewsradio

Jo Ciavaglia‏ @JoCiavaglia 5h5 hours ago
Bucks County Judge Diane Gibbons stopped the hearing before the guilty plea process was completed after Jacob Sullivan complained of a headache and his blood pressure spiked; the prison didn't give him prescribed medications before court. http://bit.ly/2Se34b0 #GracePacker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Wednesday, February 20th:
*Plea Hearing continued (@ 9am ET) - PA - Grace Packer (14) (July 4, 2016, Abington; found Oct. 31, 2016 by hunters) – only for *Jacob Patrick Sullivan (44/now 46) (Bf of amom) arrested (Jan. 2017) indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). No bond. DA seeks DP.
Trial was to start March 26, 2018, was delayed until Sept. 17, 2018, delayed again to 1/14/19 & again to 3/14/19.
8/13/18 Update: Motions to continue trial filed by defense; Judge grants motion re scheduled for 1/14/19.
1/7/19 Update: Trial has been moved (again!). Today (1/14/19) is a pretrial hearing which will run thru 1/18/19. Jury selection begins 2/19, final pretrial hearing on 3/4, trial set to begin 3/14.
1/18/19 Update: Trials will be separate. Packer will follow Sullivan’s trial. Calling the images “emotionally disturbing,” Bucks County Judge Diane Gibbons on Friday denied prosecutors’ requests to show close up photos of Grace Packer’s dismembered remains to a jury. Gibbons also denied a defense request to delay the trial pending appellate court rulings on challenges to Pennsylvania’s death penalty statute. Next Jury selection on 2/19.
2/19/19 Update: Sullivan pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. Sara Packer will also plead guilty & serve a life sentence for her daughter’s slaying. A jury will now be seated to determine whether Sullivan should get the death penalty, or serve life in prison for the 2016 killing. Packer is expected to testify in the penalty phase of Sullivan’s trial. During his plea, his blood pressure spiked & he was rushed to the hospital. Judge says they have to start all over again w/the plea. Judge continues hearing to 2/20. Jury selection will begin next month (no date given).
*Sara Packer (42/now 44) adopted "mom" arrested (Jan. 2017) & indicted on 1st degree murder, rape conspiracy, kidnapping & abuse of corpse (dismemberment). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA not sure yet to see DP.

Packer’s trial will follow Sullivan’s. No dates set. 2/19/19 will plead guilty, no plea has been excepted yet.

LaurieMasonSchroeder‏Verified account @LehighCourts 6h6 hours ago
Headed back to Doylestown for part 2 in the #GracePacker case: https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-grace-packer-trial-jury-selection-20190215-story.html …

LaurieMasonSchroeder‏Verified account @LehighCourts 2h2 hours ago
Part two of Jacob Sullivan’s guilty plea hearing is underway in the #GracePacker homicide in Bucks County. Judge Diane Gibbons has been explaining Sullivan his right for about an hour, now taking a recess to make sure he’s not fatigued.

If you recall, Sullivan became ill in the middle of his guilty plea hearing on Tuesday and was rushed to the hospital with a high blood pressure spike. #GracePacker

Jury selection in the penalty phase of Jacob Sullivan’s case will begin later today, possibly the afternoon. The jury is being seated to determine whether Seligman should get a life sentence or the death penalty. #GracePacker

Most of the proceedings so far today has been a repetition of what the judge told Sullivan on Tuesday. However when the judge asked him if he wanted to hear the facts of the case again, including the details of Grace’s is rape and murder, Sullivan said no. #GracePacker

Here’s my story from Tuesday to catch you up. Packer is also expected to plead. she got a deal to life with no chance of parole. Plea interrupted: Jacob Sullivan pleads guilty in Grace Packer murder, then heads to hospital - The Morning Call

Plea interrupted: Jacob Sullivan pleads guilty in Grace Packer murder, then heads to hospital

February 19, 2019

"Before Jacob Sullivan was rushed from a Bucks County courtroom to a hospital with a blood pressure spike Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to raping and murdering 14-year-old Grace Packer with the help of his girlfriend Sara Packer, Grace’s adopted mother.

Judge Diane Gibbons spent hours listening to details of the 2016 killing, and was explaining Sullivan’s appeal rights to him when his attorneys suddenly asked for a recess. Gibbons returned to the bench about 30 minutes later and explained that Sullivan had been rushed by ambulance to Doylestown Hospital.

That halted a stunning hearing that began with Sullivan, 46, pleading guilty to 18 crimes, including first-degree murder, rape of a child and kidnapping. Prosecutors revealed that Sara Packer, 44, has been cooperating with them and will also plead guilty. As part of a plea deal, Packer will avoid the death penalty and be sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole. Prosecutors are still seeking the death penalty for Sullivan.

Jury selection for Sullivan’s penalty phase was set to begin Wednesday morning. But now Gibbons said she’ll start the plea hearing all over again, since she did not know when Sullivan began to feel ill. Gibbons must find that Sullivan entered his guilty plea willingly, knowingly and voluntarily before she can accept it....

The publicity surrounding the case prompted Sullivan’s attorneys to request a jury from outside Bucks County hear his case. Gibbons still must rule on that outstanding motion. The judge said she’ll see how jury selection goes before making her ruling."

Plea interrupted: Jacob Sullivan pleads guilty in Grace Packer murder, then heads to hospital

Security is so tight for this hearing. No phones or laptops allowed in the courtroom and we’re not permitted to stand near the courtroom door during breaks. This is unusual for Bucks and makes me wonder if there was a threat of some kind? #GracePacker
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only new information we have heard so far is that upon returning from Luzerne County where they disposed of Grace’s body, Sullivan and Packer stopped at a Walmart and bought Febreze and other cleaners to mask the smell from the dismemberment in their bathroom. #GracePacker

The hearing should be starting back up soon. I will let you know when the plea is accepted and is official. Until Judge Gibbons accepts Sullivan’s plea it’s not official. #GracePacker

Aw crap. Now we are hearing that they just took Sullivan to the hospital again. He has a headache. #GracePacker @mcall

OK, the rescue squad came and examined Sullivan. Determined he did not need to go to the hospital. They are giving him aspirin and we should resume soon. #GracePacker

LaurieMasonSchroeder‏Verified account @LehighCourts 1h1 hour ago
Hold up... now deputies say he IS going to the hospital. Maybe the aspirin didn’t work? #GracePacker

Jim Melwert‏Verified account @JMelwert 1h1 hour ago
Jacob Sullivan was back in court today in Bucks County to make his guilty plea official. EMS came back because he was complaining of a headache. 1st wasn’t going to the hospital, now we’re hearing he is. @KYWNewsradio

Deanna Durante‏Verified account @deannadurante 1h1 hour ago
#breaking Jacob Sullivan returns to court to enter his guilty plea now is being taken by ambulance to hospital for second time this week. #GracePacker

Jim Melwert‏Verified account @JMelwert 1h1 hour ago
Jacob Sullivan’s blood pressure was 220/140 so he was taken to the hospital at request of Bucks County Sheriffs. Waiting for word from hospital how to proceed. @KYWNewsradio

Sullivan’s blood pressure today was 220/140. I have no medical training so someone tell me is that high? #GracePacker

Apparently Sullivan has a lifelong problem with high blood pressure and people in his family have died from high blood pressure related illnesses. #GracePacker
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LaurieMasonSchroeder‏Verified account @LehighCourts 58m58 minutes ago
Sullivan’s public defender is driving over to the hospital to check on him. I guess there is no chance they will let us continue this hearing in the hospital. So we have will have to wait until this afternoon to learn more. #GracePacker

LaurieMasonSchroeder‏Verified account @LehighCourts 38m38 minutes ago
Jacob Sullivan's guilty plea hearing in Grace Packer murder starts again...and he goes back to hospital again https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-grace-packer-homicide-jacob-sullivan-plea-20190220-story.html … #GracePacker

Jacob Sullivan's guilty plea hearing in Grace Packer murder starts again...and he goes back to hospital again

February 21, 2019

"After more than a full day’s delay due to a medical emergency and winter storm, Jacob Sullivan’s guilty plea hearing in the rape and murder of 14-year-old Grace Packer started up again in Bucks County Court on Thursday, only to be suddenly halted once again when Sullivan’s blood pressure spiked and he had to be rushed by ambulance to a hospital.

Though Sullivan has already admitted that he raped and killed the former Allentown girl, Judge Diane Gibbons must complete the hearing and accept his plea before a jury can be seated to determine if Sullivan should face the death penalty or life in prison.

Sullivan, 46, was rushed to Doylestown Hospital by ambulance Tuesday ,several hours into his plea hearing, prompting the judge to postpone the proceeding. After Wednesday’s snowstorm closed the courthouse, the case was set for Thursday morning.

Gibbons spent more than an hour Thursday explaining Sullivan’s rights to him before taking a brief recess. During the recess, Sullivan complained of a headache and asked for aspirin. The sheriff’s office called an ambulance as a precaution, and rescue squad members found that Sullivan’s blood pressure was 220/140 — an extremely high reading, Gibbons said...."

Jacob Sullivan's guilty plea hearing in Grace Packer murder starts again...and he goes back to hospital again
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

delete

Last edited:
delete

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members