Found Deceased PA - Jamie Metzger, 38, Allentown, 12 April 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Marking my spot. I'll have to catch up tomorrow .
I do not think nearly as many people ' run away' as some think. We have rarely come across that. I do believe it's a more hopeful alternative to family members and they want to believe that but it seems very few adults disappear on purpose unless they're running from a crime.

Thank you again to Forager for the great map work! I hope the locals and insiders on the case will take Forager's suggestion and add to the map. The more detail the better....it helps us see patterns and obviate potential areas to explore further.

I'd also like to suggest that the insiders/locals consider a simple to execute fundraiser to raise awareness for Jamie's missing status. Something real simple like a garage sale or bake sale at a prominent location (maybe a church parking lot?), a spagetti feed, or even happy hour at a local bar. Make posters to let everyone know, and raise awareness, and invite the local media. Get Jamie the exposure and attention she needs and deserves! Again, this can be something real simple and easy to pull together quickly. Even something as simple as asking for donation in exchange for a helium balloon! :up:
Whatever funds are raised can be donated to the Wolfpack for the search effort. The point here again is the exposure for Jamie, that's the big win.

Just a suggestion.....

BBM Or another possibility is ' friend' or ' follow ' some of the local reports from MSM, not the pages but the individual reporters and you can post it to the fb's or twitters of these reporters. The news pages are big , but most of the individual reporters have many less followers and they may be willing to post a story now and then because they do like to keep their fb pages' current' but there are only so many current stories in a day. Worth a try , for sure.

BBM Or another possibility is ' friend' or ' follow ' some of the local reports from MSM, not the pages but the individual reporters and you can post it to the fb's or twitters of these reporters. The news pages are big , but most of the individual reporters have many less followers and they may be willing to post a story now and then because they do like to keep their fb pages' current' but there are only so many current stories in a day. Worth a try , for sure.

Brilliant idea! I know which local reporter did a missing piece on her quite some time ago; perhaps we can stimulate renewed interest. THANK YOU

Thanks for sharing, rosesfromangels. CUE center for the missing has their 'On the Road to Remember' awareness tour in October. They are in the process of mapping out the states and locations for their tour. Someone in the family or LE would need to register with CUE. Here is the website link for more info: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/on-the-road-to-remember-national-tour2014/

WOW - this looks fantastic! THANK YOU! I will post this on my FB page for Jamie's friends to review immediately.
:loveyou:

Logging in to mark my spot. I've just returned from a week long youth camp up in the mountains, so I'm still getting my bearings and all. But I will do my absolute best to catch up on this thread and help any way I can!
Your concerted efforts to help #FindJamie are truly amazing!
:grouphug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Logging in to mark my spot. I've just returned from a week long youth camp up in the mountains, so I'm still getting my bearings and all. But I will do my absolute best to catch up on this thread and help any way I can!
Your concerted efforts to help #FindJamie are truly amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yay! Thank you for joining us. We need the help, but we are making good progress!
:detective:

I'm here and will help in anyway I can.

Her family should go to the Post Office and get a change of address form and get her address change to her sisters address or her moms.

Somebody in the Family should call LE every week or so to see if they are making any progress in her case. The Detective assigned to her case should be in Namus report.

Ok off to bed!

Thank you for joining us Trigger! So much appreciated!

Hello all, checking in *waves*

Yay! Oh I'm so happy with all these wonderful sleuthers on the thread. I just know we are going to bring this gal home!
THANK YOU all for jumping in and helping. Jamie needs you!

Hello, I have been friends of Jamie's family for many years. I spoke to her mom by messaging and although it's tough for her she got the important info out .

Hello roses, I took your advice and joined the group. I am the one that messaged you on fb.

Hello roses, I took your advice and joined the group. I am the one that messaged you on fb.

Welcome, very much Missy. It's an honor to be here with you, to help find Jaime.

:welcome:​

I'm ever grateful for what the sleuthers on these threads are able to find and teach me. We'll hopefully learn everything we need to know to help find your friend, so her mom may know where Jaime is. Jaime is so fortunate to have such great friends. Thank you for joining WS.

(modsnip)

Tricia's recent post about becoming verified

Dear Websleuths Members,

If you happen to see a member who is posting as a family member or friend of a victim please alert on that post. This way we can officially invite them to become a verified poster.

Thank you for all you do for Websleuths.

Tricia

Hope that helps!

:welcome: to WS missy. Hope we can help bring Jamie home!

Bringing this forward for those joining in, it answers many questions:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/pol...-a-year-jamie-lee-metzger-20150426-story.html

Because Metzger had been living a somewhat transient life, five months went by before the family grew concerned enough to report her missing.

Metzger initially was reported missing to Emmaus police Sept. 2 because her mother was living there at the time. The case was referred to Allentown police as that is where she was last living. She was not entered into NamUS nor reported to NCIC by police.

Metzger's downturn began around 2004 when she had gastric bypass surgery, her family said. The surgery helped Metzger lose 115 pounds but also got her hooked on painkillers, they say.

In 2007 she was charged with drunken driving and twice was found unconscious on Allentown streets with blood-alcohol levels that were life-threatening, according to Lehigh County court records.

She eventually lost contact with most of her friends.

n her last Facebook post Feb. 15, 2014, Metzger put up a picture of herself with a man that she didn't identify(Identified on this thread as "Carl") In it, both are smiling. Under it, friends commented that they hadn't seen her in a while and that they missed her.

In her last text message to her sister, Metzger asked why Batz had called her boyfriend. Batz replied that she hadn't called him. About a week later, Metzger had a brief phone conversation with her mother.

Jaime's sister(DB), who lives in Lower Macungie, gained full custody of Metzger's daughter(8) in August 2013. Jaime's son is over 18.

In October, Jaime's friend and two others searched near Metzger's former home in New Tripoli after Jaime's mother told her she had "visions" of her daughter there.

Two Useful PA Government Websites for Who's Been Accused Of What:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...lentown-12-April-2014&p=11101898#post11101898
Originally posted by rosesfromangels

This was very illuminating...reinforced some suspicions. THANK YOU
I was able to find a few indications of where she had lived in years past from that from that Docket Sheet: In New Tripoli sometime in 2009, Emmanus in Nov. '07, May '11 and again in June 2013.

A collection action aside, I didn't see anything there beyond alcohol and/or driving problems, and nothing outside of Lehigh Cnty. Another Jamie Metzger did get into worse trouble.

Bringing this forward for those joining in, it answers many questions:

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/pol...-a-year-jamie-lee-metzger-20150426-story.html

Because Metzger had been living a somewhat transient life, five months went by before the family grew concerned enough to report her missing.

Metzger initially was reported missing to Emmaus police Sept. 2 because her mother was living there at the time. The case was referred to Allentown police as that is where she was last living. She was not entered into NamUS nor reported to NCIC by police.

Metzger's downturn began around 2004 when she had gastric bypass surgery, her family said. The surgery helped Metzger lose 115 pounds but also got her hooked on painkillers, they say.

In 2007 she was charged with drunken driving and twice was found unconscious on Allentown streets with blood-alcohol levels that were life-threatening, according to Lehigh County court records.

She eventually lost contact with most of her friends.

n her last Facebook post Feb. 15, 2014, Metzger put up a picture of herself with a man that she didn't identify(Identified on this thread as "Carl") In it, both are smiling. Under it, friends commented that they hadn't seen her in a while and that they missed her.

In her last text message to her sister, Metzger asked why Batz had called her boyfriend. Batz replied that she hadn't called him. About a week later, Metzger had a brief phone conversation with her mother.

Jaime's sister(DB), who lives in Lower Macungie, gained full custody of Metzger's daughter(8) in August 2013. Jaime's son is over 18.

In October, Jaime's friend and two others searched near Metzger's former home in New Tripoli after Jaime's mother told her she had "visions" of her daughter there.
I just got done reading the thread, thank you FindingHG for calling me over to this thread. Based on the article above posted by Vail, I would recommend posting hospitals on the case map as well. I have a family member who also had a gastric bypass surgery and became addicted to pain medication afterwards. Let me tell you my family member cannot stay away from hospitals, I'm not saying this is Jamie's case but I feel like it's something to look into. Also my family member is known to check into hospitals under various aliases so she won't get caught (by us), and stays for weeks at a time just to get discharged and admitted into a different hospital. I can't map right now because my computer is down but send me on a mission and I'll do what I can :).

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

I just got done reading the thread, thank you FindingHG for calling me over to this thread. Based on the article above posted by Vail, I would recommend posting hospitals on the case map as well. I have a family member who also had a gastric bypass surgery and became addicted to pain medication afterwards. Let me tell you my family member cannot stay away from hospitals, I'm not saying this is Jamie's case but I feel like it's something to look into. Also my family member is known to check into hospitals under various aliases so she won't get caught (by us), and stays for weeks at a time just to get discharged and admitted into a different hospital. I can't map right now because my computer is down but send me on a mission and I'll do what I can :).

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much shandram19, for joining here. Rosesfromangels has a great grasp of the information available and has been kind enough to network up some great progress on the thread. Adding hospitals sounds like a great idea, I would ad clinics and shelters in the area as well, as you never know where information may come from. As for a mission, I defer to roses and other WSers with vastly more experience than I, as they would know what's needed better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back