GUILTY PA - Jan Roseboro, 45, found murdered in her backyard pool, Denver, 22 July 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got chills reading that story. Anyone else remember the pilot to the FOX TV show Justice a couple of years ago? Weird.

Similarities aside though I feel for her children and family. I wonder if the husband has offfered to take a poygraph.

Lancaster is not the idyllic or bucholic area that folks think of.. and the strange part for me is that the crimes we are seeing over the course of the last few years are not tied to drugs or gangs which are a problem in downtown lancaster.

This was a crime that took time and sounds like overkill ., the amount of aggression indicates it was personal.. someone who knew her and was enraged. I guess the husband thought that the falling and the CPR that he supposedly performed would cover the amount of bruising.. I guess he forgot about the part that the husband is always the primary suspect until ruled out. and that most womens greatest risk of death is at the hands of their spouse or significant other....

another rocket scientist or just bloated ego that figures he can out smart everyone else.. and another family that will be devasted by the loss of one parent, the conviction of another and the indelibly stamped tregedy that will follow the children for the rest of their lives.. so sad and so preventable... i so hope that these children are with other family members and safe..

This story is heartbreaking, there is nothing better than a mothers love, and these 4 children will suffer not only for the death of their mother, but if the father is guilty, this will affect them for the rest of their lives. This saddens me no end.

Someone was extremely angry with this woman and seems to have a deep hatred of her. Another tragic case involving children. I am curious as to who is not cooperating in this investigation. Is it the children? They were all home except for the oldest. This will be interesting to follow. Is there a history of DV in this family? From all I have read, she was a wonderful woman who was loved very much in the community.

You never know what goes on behind closed doors, this woman was well liked and respected by all as a good mother from what has been said, thats what everyone saw, but what went on behind closed doors.
Was there domestic violence? Only the family know the truth imo, be very interested to see how this investigation goes.

Cool! I am in upper leacock twp. :) Welcome to websleuths! We sure have had our share of cases that have been nationally discussed. With the Amish school shootings.. Jesse Wise mass murder of his family, the David Ludwig/Borden killings, and the Haines family murder.. and that is just off the top of my head, our area doesnt seem like such a tranquil place anymore. Such tragedies.

I can't imagine that this latest will remain unsolved for much longer. The victim left behind 4 children, one a recent grad. Those poor kids... the beatings on mama mustve been ongoing for years. I sure hope they don't think this is how familys should be.

In all honesty when I heard this on the news I said to myself "What the heck is happening in Lancaster".

However I didn't want to post something like that. Afterall crime is everywhere, but Lancaster to me says "Peaceful". I'm so sorry for this poor lady.

From the link provided by girlygirl:

Some family members of a murdered 45-year-old Reinholds woman are not cooperating with investigators, prosecutors said Friday.

Michael A. Roseboro told police he awoke late Tuesday to find his wife, Jan E. Roseboro, unconscious in the pool in a fenced-in area on the property at 107 W. Main St. The coroner Wednesday ruled that Jan Roseboro had been beaten and drowned.

District Attorney Craig Stedman said that while Michael Roseboro has given statements to investigators, other family members have not been forthcoming.

"It's puzzling to us as to why after this murder takes place that their loved one, presumably their loved one, that they would decline to cooperate with investigators in our attempt to solve this brutal murder," Stedman said.

According to Roseboro, a funeral director, his wife was killed while he and three of his four children were sleeping.
Related Stories
A mother of four is mo... Arrest in city killing Prisoner charged in Ke... No blood found after R... Woman beaten, drowned ...

Though Stedman would not name anyone as a suspect, he said prosecutors executed a search warrant Thursday "to look for instruments that may have been used by the perpetrator to clean up the crime."

Investigators searching the home Thursday took several items, including a bottle of disinfectant, a small amount of blood and hair and a pair of extra-large swim trunks.

Other items taken were two hairs from the edge of the pool, two blood-stained tissues and two adhesive bandages, a piece of wood, a plastic bucket and mop, a bottle of pine-scented disinfectant, and a water sample from the pool.

LOL, this guy is lucky he doesn't have to pick his jury from Websleuths! ;)
It's getting almost to the point, IF it appears on our pages, we KNOW he did it! :D

j/k
fran

PS...ok, ok, I KNOW! Innocent until proven guilty.:rolleyes:

2hi2mo0.gif
2zfnamq.gif
1ikdao.gif

Welcome, girlygirl!

You know, I'm a benefit-of-the-doubt kind of girl myself, but if this husband really told the neighbor his wife tripped and hit her head, something does stink to high heaven. That and the fact that the family is not cooperating....it doesn't look good for the husband.

My prayers to this family. Four children. What sadness.

http://articles.lancasteronline.com/local/4/225079

This husband was a funeral director.. well respected. Most people in the area know people, or have been at funerals that were directed by Roseboro.

The services were yesterday.. no casket. The article did not indicate if there was a cremation, but it did say her body was released to the family.. so a cremation seems likely.

225079snccard_RAW_ful.jpg

According to an affidavit of probable cause, police confiscated numerous items from the Roseboro home last week, including water samples, computers and other electronic items, a small amount of blood and hair, a pair of extra-large swim trunks, a smoking pipe and a bag of "suspected marijuana."

A search warrant executed Thursday allowed officials to search for possible crime cleanup tools.

Among other items seized, according to court documents, were a floor mop with a yellow handle, a piece of wood, a bottle of Pine-Sol liquid cleaner, two blood-stained tissues and two adhesive bandages.

Investigators noticed a strong odor of Pine-Sol near the fenced-in pool, it was reported last week.

What a beautiful woman. :(

Ok, so,..........the consensus is? :rolleyes:

{suspicious}:confused:

I think hubby should volunteer for a polygraph. :chicken:

Course, if he wants to play hardball, I guess we could just wait for forensics to come in. :waitasec:

I don't know why these people have to drag this stuff on for so long when they know what the results are going to be. (not LE, the perps):bang:

Just sayin'
fran

PS..How sad is that, the family members won't talk to LE! Hello! Someone was murdered! Do you NOT care?:mad:

Gooooood Grief!

What a beautiful woman. :(

Ok, so,..........the consensus is? :rolleyes:

{suspicious}:confused:

I think hubby should volunteer for a polygraph. :chicken:

Course, if he wants to play hardball, I guess we could just wait for forensics to come in. :waitasec:

I don't know why these people have to drag this stuff on for so long when they know what the results are going to be. (not LE, the perps):bang:

Just sayin'
fran

PS..How sad is that, the family members won't talk to LE! Hello! Someone was murdered! Do you NOT care?:mad:

Gooooood Grief!
The husband had fresh scratches on his face... 'nuff said. I realize they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's.. but I seriously expected an arrest by now. It happened at home. Cleanup was visible.. husband with scratches... etc etc.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Welcome, girlygirl!

You know, I'm a benefit-of-the-doubt kind of girl myself, but if this husband really told the neighbor his wife tripped and hit her head, something does stink to high heaven. That and the fact that the family is not cooperating....it doesn't look good for the husband.

My prayers to this family. Four children. What sadness.

That's for darned sure! If you think something is hinky, might as well lock him up now and throw away the key!

:blowkiss:

Seriously, though, why is this community protecting him? Either he is a murderer OR he didn't do it and getting the facts out in the open will help clear him. Closing ranks only makes him look more guilty.

The husband had fresh scratches on his face... 'nuff said. I realize they are dotting the i's and crossing the t's.. but I seriously expected an arrest by now. It happened at home. Cleanup was visible.. husband with scratches... etc etc.

Now see, I didn't read EVERYTHING and didn't know about the scratches! :eek:

Ok, he's guilty!:furious:

Lock him up and throw away the key. :behindbar

Next!:mad:

fran

That's for darned sure! If you think something is hinky, might as well lock him up now and throw away the key!

Seriously, though, why is this community protecting him? Either he is a murderer OR he didn't do it and getting the facts out in the open will help clear him. Closing ranks only makes him look more guilty.

ITA!

Has he lawyered up yet?!:rolleyes:

fran

LOL! :blowkiss: Hope you are well, angel!

I read in the one article that 3 of the 4 children were alseep. I wonder if one of them heard it. I wonder what the ages are of the children. Kinda surprised that there wasnt more noise associated with the beating.

After reading the latest article in the local paper I am upset that their clergyman is upset about how the uncooperative family memebrs are being portrayed in the press. Let me tell you if my Mom, or better half was murdered I would be more than willing to copperate unless I had something to hide. They live in a small community, someone has to know something. What of the older son who wasn't home at the time? was it his marijuana? or was it the parents?
so many questions so little answers

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hustling01
Back