GUILTY PA - Jasmine, 4, & Nicole Snyder, 6, starved to death, Lycoming Co, 10 Sep 2021 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only way Echo Butler parent(s) would permit the burial of the girls on their property is if Echo was involved in the deaths, IMO. If 20-21yr old Echo said “meet my new girlfriend. Can we bury a child here?” I’d imagine the parent(s) would call LE. But if Echo’s parent(s) knew there was a chance they’d lose Echo, well…I don’t condone it, of course, but I can appreciate it. JMO.

(I’m leaving out the possibility that Echo’s parent killed them).

Noting:
  • Michele Butler was arrested Tues, Nov 9 at a home in Williamsport City.
  • She is Echo Butler's mother and resided in the 653 Livermore Rd. residence with Echo, Marie Snyder, and the Snyder Children.
  • She was charged with two counts of felony Endangering the Welfare of Children and one count of misdemeanor Obstruction in Child Abuse Cases.
  • Police said 6-year-old Nicole Elizabeth Snyder died/was killed and subsequently buried in 2016 in the back yard on Livermore Rd.
  • 4-year-old Jasmine Jean Snyder died/was killed and subsequently buried in 2017 in the same area.
Someone's talking, IMO.

Also from the link:

618b002e760f8.image.jpg

Michelle Butler

61884fb8d43b1.image.jpg

The Livermore Rd residence.

she obviously knew them children were not being cared for in my opinion. I think this will be a case of long term abuse and neglect. I bet these poor children just wasted away to nothing. It breaks my heart. The fear that these babies must have lived in does not bear thinking about.

The only way Echo Butler parent(s) would permit the burial of the girls on their property is if Echo was involved in the deaths, IMO. If 20-21yr old Echo said “meet my new girlfriend. Can we bury a child here?” I’d imagine the parent(s) would call LE. But if Echo’s parent(s) knew there was a chance they’d lose Echo, well…I don’t condone it, of course, but I can appreciate it. JMO.

(I’m leaving out the possibility that Echo’s parent killed them).
echo's mom was arrested, so.

Thank you for the link. It's horrifying to think that not just one person knew about this, but THREE. And one of these monsters gave birth to those two little girls. It's just so hard for me to comprehend - I don't know how they can live with themselves! :mad::(:mad:

Noting from the article:

[...]

As authorities worked in shifts, it was clear they were not digging without purpose. The group of investigators zeroed in on a spot and searched.

In an affidavit filed November 9, Officer Ryan Mausteller of the Old Lycoming Township Police Department identified information that led authorities to the particular spot they were searching.

[...]

“Michelle Butler was interviewed regarding the circumstances of Nicole and Jasmine Snyder,” Officer Ryan Mausteller wrote. “Michelle admitted to police that both Nicole and Jasmine Snyder had died, and they were buried in the backyard.”

[...]

ETA: Preliminary Hearings 11/17 for all three.

Last edited:
This article is a few days old - just linking it for the photo.

Woman admits to knowledge surrounding deaths of juveniles | Crime Reports | northcentralpa.com
6189b3b4bd6fb.image.jpg

A shed with crime scene tape sits on a property located near the 600 block of Livermore Road in Cogan Station. All day Sunday authorities dug next to the shed, locating a second set of remains.

NOV 8, 2021
Girlfriend of missing sisters’ mother admits knowing about their deaths: police - pennlive.com
The remains were found in approximately 2-foot-deep graves near the back of the residence ...

Last edited:
I don’t know how to bring news station over but 3 rd woman arrested. No bail. Michele Butler, 48, of Williamsport, is charged with child endangerment and obstruction, the same charges leveled earlier in Lycoming County against her daughter, 26-year-old Echo Butler, and the mother of the two girls, 32-year-old Marie Snyder.

NOV 12, 2021
'Failure to appear': PFAs, missed visitations in history of Snyder parents | Crime Reports | northcentralpa.com
“I’m still just lost on everything, I don’t want to believe it,” Joshua Snyder told WNEP in an interview about the discovery of his daughters' remains that aired November 9. “I just want to get answers and find out exactly what happened all these years. What led up to everything.”

[...]

Joshua Snyder was tangled in a Protection from Abuse order (PFA) with Marie Snyder over a period between May 29, 2015 and Sept. 21, 2021, according to court documents.

He was first evicted from the 653 Livermore Rd. property, and ordered no contact with Marie Snyder, 26, the children’s mother, on May 29.

Snyder did, however, have visitation rights to his three children under the supervision of Lycoming County Children & Youth, initially granted in a June 10, 2015 PFA order that continued through July 1, 2015.

[...]

Joshua Snyder filed a complaint to the court against Marie Snyder regarding her apparent failure to meet at designated times or communicate information about the children.

He cited, "failer [sic] to allow me visitation of [name redacted] 5/14/15-5/16/15 and 5/21/15-5/23/15. Failer [sic] to inform me the 5/25/15 of Hospital visit for Nicole Snyder. Failer [sic] to show up 5/28/15 at Walmart to exchange custody."

[...]

On Sept. 21, 2015, in another PFA hearing, Marie Snyder testified, "Joshua said that if he ever found me, he would use a gun on me. He used to hit me and push me. I'm scared for my life," according to court documents.

At that time, court records indicate that Joshua Snyder "failed to appear" to the hearing, and was denied visitation rights from Sept. 21, 2015 to Sept. 21, 2018.

[...]

In what Old Lycoming Township Police Chief Christopher Kriner and Lycoming County DA Ryan Gardner would later call a “travesty of colossal proportions," it seems the girls--after the final PFA was put in place against Joshua Snyder, and after Snyder failed to show to further hearings-- fell through every possible safety net in place to save children from what was their eventual fate.

[...]

Joshua Snyder, who declined further interviews with NorthcentralPa.com, told WNEP he was at a “complete loss” over the situation. “I just thought that the kids were fine,” Joshua Snyder told the news outlet. “That they were with their mother. That they were just avoiding all of us.”

I am surprised that the little 7 year old boy is still alive, not toilet trained . What on earth did the girls do to warrent being killed? MOO

Assuming there’s no underlying physical/cognitive explanation for not being toilet-trained, wearing diapers at 7 suggests he never got pressured by his peers to wear big kid underwear because he had no peers. No friends. Poor little guy. JMO.

NOV 12, 2021
'Failure to appear': PFAs, missed visitations in history of Snyder parents | Crime Reports | northcentralpa.com
“I’m still just lost on everything, I don’t want to believe it,” Joshua Snyder told WNEP in an interview about the discovery of his daughters' remains that aired November 9. “I just want to get answers and find out exactly what happened all these years. What led up to everything.”

[...]

Joshua Snyder was tangled in a Protection from Abuse order (PFA) with Marie Snyder over a period between May 29, 2015 and Sept. 21, 2021, according to court documents.

He was first evicted from the 653 Livermore Rd. property, and ordered no contact with Marie Snyder, 26, the children’s mother, on May 29.

Snyder did, however, have visitation rights to his three children under the supervision of Lycoming County Children & Youth, initially granted in a June 10, 2015 PFA order that continued through July 1, 2015.

[...]

Joshua Snyder filed a complaint to the court against Marie Snyder regarding her apparent failure to meet at designated times or communicate information about the children.

He cited, "failer [sic] to allow me visitation of [name redacted] 5/14/15-5/16/15 and 5/21/15-5/23/15. Failer [sic] to inform me the 5/25/15 of Hospital visit for Nicole Snyder. Failer [sic] to show up 5/28/15 at Walmart to exchange custody."

[...]

On Sept. 21, 2015, in another PFA hearing, Marie Snyder testified, "Joshua said that if he ever found me, he would use a gun on me. He used to hit me and push me. I'm scared for my life," according to court documents.

At that time, court records indicate that Joshua Snyder "failed to appear" to the hearing, and was denied visitation rights from Sept. 21, 2015 to Sept. 21, 2018.

[...]

In what Old Lycoming Township Police Chief Christopher Kriner and Lycoming County DA Ryan Gardner would later call a “travesty of colossal proportions," it seems the girls--after the final PFA was put in place against Joshua Snyder, and after Snyder failed to show to further hearings-- fell through every possible safety net in place to save children from what was their eventual fate.

[...]

Joshua Snyder, who declined further interviews with NorthcentralPa.com, told WNEP he was at a “complete loss” over the situation. “I just thought that the kids were fine,” Joshua Snyder told the news outlet. “That they were with their mother. That they were just avoiding all of us.”

I’m curious about that May 2015 hospital visit for Nicole. Be interesting to hear what the former Visitation Supervisor has to say as well. JMO.

@PommyMommy - I noticed you have posted the court link, but unfortunately I can't access them. I would like to follow this case - and would like to know if you will be my "helper" in getting court dates? :) Also - do you know "what time" these preliminary hearings are at on 11/17?

TIA!

Also wondering IF the title of the thread should be changed to the "correct" ages of these two little girls. Where Jasman was actually 4 & Nicole was 6 - ??

@PommyMommy - I noticed you have posted the court link, but unfortunately I can't access them. I would like to follow this case - and would like to know if you will be my "helper" in getting court dates? :) Also - do you know "what time" these preliminary hearings are at on 11/17?

TIA!

Also wondering IF the title of the thread should be changed to the "correct" ages of these two little girls. Where Jasman was actually 4 & Nicole was 6 - ??
Glad you're following Niner, and happy to be your helper! :p Making note for us both...

This is the case search portal: Case Search (pacourts.us)

It is easiest to search by the complaint numbers which are:
  • Marie Sue Snyder 20212898
  • Echo Lane Butler AOPC-20212898-2
  • Michele L. Butler AOPC-20212898-3
The preliminary hearing(s) on the 11/17 are at 1:30 for all three defendants.

Alerting to ask a mod about changing the ages of the girls in the thread title. :)

Glad you're following Niner, and happy to be your helper! :p Making note for us both...

This is the case search portal: Case Search (pacourts.us)

It is easiest to search by the complaint numbers which are:
  • Marie Sue Snyder 20212898
  • Echo Lane Butler AOPC-20212898-2
  • Michele L. Butler AOPC-20212898-3
The preliminary hearing(s) on the 11/17 are at 1:30 for all three defendants.

Alerting to ask a mod about changing the ages of the girls in the thread title. :)

Okay - thanks for your help then! Do you know "what" the AOPC behind Echo & Michele's names is? What it stands for?

And thanks for the time of hearing! I still can not access the court link that you provided in this post...

Okay - thanks for your help then! Do you know "what" the AOPC behind Echo & Michele's names is? What it stands for?

And thanks for the time of hearing! I still can not access the court link that you provided in this post...
Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts. Not sure why it's just on those two though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back