GUILTY PA - Jenna Burleigh, 22, Philadelphia, 31 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just wish I could understand the random killings that seem to happen sometimes. If that's in fact what's happened what in the world possessed this to prey on a random woman bring her back to his house and murder her? 28 years old with the rest of his life ahead of him. He ruined not only his own life but also her life and many other people's lives she was in. Just terrible.

I know there's no psychology behind it sometimes and people can just be awful human beings. But it's so senseless and disgusting if that's in fact what happened.

A quick google search of his name reveals several burglary and warrant related arrests to his name.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/timeschronicle/news/jenkintown-borough-police-briefs-week-of-dec/article_221d9fc1-5cb6-5905-9823-1ee57f8a7c8f.html

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/stolen-property-recovered-from-scranton-burglary-by-following-a-pilfered-half-keg-of-beer-1.1520968

I just wish I could understand the random killings that seem to happen sometimes. If that's in fact what's happened what in the world possessed this to prey on a random woman bring her back to his house and murder her? 28 years old with the rest of his life ahead of him. He ruined not only his own life but also her life and many other people's lives she was in. Just terrible.

I know there's no psychology behind it sometimes and people can just be awful human beings. But it's so senseless and disgusting if that's in fact what happened.

A quick google search of his name reveals several burglary and warrant related arrests to his name.

http://www.montgomerynews.com/times...cle_221d9fc1-5cb6-5905-9823-1ee57f8a7c8f.html

http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/...llowing-a-pilfered-half-keg-of-beer-1.1520968

It may not have been premeditated to the extent that he was not going to kill here when they left; assuming he did it.

It may not have been premeditated to the extent that he was not going to kill here when they left; assuming he did it.

True enough. But it doesn't sound accidental either. I'm sure there are cases out there where two go home together and a fit of rage ensues without the motive to kill. Maybe he hits her hard and blunt force trauma kills her. Either way it's terrible. But if neighbors heard screams and he has defensive wounds, it sure doesn't sound accidental.

Edit: I know you weren't implying that it was. I was just thinking out loud. My bad.

True enough. But it doesn't sound accidental either. I'm sure there are cases out there where two go home together and a fit of rage ensues without the motive to kill. Maybe he hits her hard and blunt force trauma kills her. Either way it's terrible. But if neighbors heard screams and he has defensive wounds, it sure doesn't sound accidental.

Edit: I know you weren't implying that it was. I was just thinking out loud. My bad.

No problem with your post. I did say not premeditated to the extent that he was planning to kill her, assuming he did, when they left the bar.

I was thinking something along the lines of a sexual assault that became murder.

No problem with your post. I did say not premeditated to the extent that he was planning to kill her, assuming he did, when they left the bar.

I was thinking something along the lines of a sexual assault that became murder.

It absolutely could've been. It just seems odd that it would be sexual assault after she willingly went home with him. That of course gives no man or woman the right to assume that sex would follow, but it seems as though that could've been why she may have went home with him. Perhaps she changed her mind and that enraged him?

Just awful either way. I hope they catch him if he did in fact do it.

There is a street light right in front of his house. It would take some real effort to move a body out of there.

[video=twitter;904052127261220865]https://twitter.com/bobbrooks6abc/status/904052127261220865[/video]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It absolutely could've been. It just seems odd that it would be sexual assault after she willingly went home with him. That of course gives no man or woman the right to assume that sex would follow, but it seems as though that could've been why she may have went home with him. Perhaps she changed her mind and that enraged him?

Just awful either way. I hope they catch him if he did in fact do it.

Idk they could have went back to his apartment to smoke weed.... her facebook had references to cannibus.

I can only speak for myself, but when I was in my early-mid 20s, I def had some questionable nights, especially after drinking. IMO she very well could have been drunk when she left with him, and at the time maybe she had beer goggles on and planned on messing around. But by the time she got there she could have sobered up a bit and changed her mind. That's how sexual assault can happen when you willingly leave with someone.

A couple of questions in case anyone knows. I haven't seen the answers to them.

1) Is it possible she "knew" him from school or FB friends with FB friends, etc?
2) Did she have a car? If intoxicated he could have convinced her to go to her house to wait for a cab or uber.
3) How close was his apartment to the bar?

1) Is it possible she "knew" him from school or FB friends with FB friends, etc?
2) Did she have a car? If intoxicated he could have convinced her to go to her house to wait for a cab or uber.

I noticed he was from Lansdale (on his FB page) and I believe her family is from Harleysville, so I think they definitely could have been acquainted or had mutual friends at least since those two towns are near each other. They may have even gone to the same high school.

Respectably snipped for length one.

Idk they could have went back to his apartment to smoke weed.... her facebook had references to cannibus.

That was one of things I would consider.

I would also consider that they had a disagreement, she stabbed JH and then left. JH is sitting on a a large amount of pot, and $25 K in cash. If something like that did happen, JH is not going to call the police.

The blood will be telling. If it is JB's blood, the have a solid case. If it is JH's blood, them the case falls apart.

1. Possibly, but was a 7 year age difference. JH would have been a senior while JB was is was in the 6th Grade. That doesn't prelude the two knowing each other.

2. I have been thinking about that one. JB was a commuter, so it possible that she took mass transit. I think mass transit stops by 1:00 AM. Cab, uber, someone taking her there. JH does not impress me as the most chivalrous person in Philadelphia (though there is a low bar).

3. It is about 300 feet, door to door

I can only speak for myself, but when I was in my early-mid 20s, I def had some questionable nights, especially after drinking. IMO she very well could have been drunk when she left with him, and at the time maybe she had beer goggles on and planned on messing around. But by the time she got there she could have sobered up a bit and changed her mind. That's how sexual assault can happen when you willingly leave with someone.

That's sort of what I was getting at. She may have felt strongly about the POI at first but reconsidered once she got there and he did not like that. Terrible either way. How far away is the bar from his place?

Edit: I see that JJ posted that the bar is only about 300 feet away from his apartment.

I wonder if her friends had any interaction with this fella and what their feelings were/are about him.

1. Possibly, but was a 7 year age difference. JH would have been a senior while JB was is was in the 6th Grade. That doesn't prelude the two knowing each other.

2. I have been thinking about that one. JB was a commuter, so it possible that she took mass transit. I think mass transit stops by 1:00 AM. Cab, uber, someone taking her there. JH does not impress me as the most chivalrous person in Philadelphia (though there is a low bar).

3. It is about 300 feet, door to door

Age difference - older/ younger siblings could have known other families. Also, after looking at his Linkedin account seems he has been in school forever so he may have a younger group of friends.

Distance - that is very close. Being so close could give a million reasons why she would go there. Her phone died and he said come use my charger before you head out or call a cab. So many possible explanations since they were so close.

That's sort of what I was getting at. She may have felt strongly about the POI at first but reconsidered once she got there and he did not like that. Terrible either way. How far away is the bar from his place?

Edit: I see that JJ posted that the bar is only about 300 feet away from his apartment.

I wonder if her friends had any interaction with this fella and what their feelings were/are about him.

Yeah I'm also curious about her friends reactions. Did they think he was a major creep? Did they even know she left with him? Was he there with friends or alone? I feel like a guy at a bar alone would be a huge red flag for me in my single days. But I am the first to admit that when I was out at the bars/clubs and drunk, my standards and intuition were not always up to par.

Respectably snipped for length one.

That was one of things I would consider.

I would also consider that they had a disagreement, she stabbed JH and then left. JH is sitting on a a large amount of pot, and $25 K in cash. If something like that did happen, JH is not going to call the police.

The blood will be telling. If it is JB's blood, the have a solid case. If it is JH's blood, them the case falls apart.

BBM. I mean I guess it's possible but I would bet money that is not what happened.

There should be news coming soon. I can't find a media release yet to post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back