Found Deceased PA - Jeno Moretti, 15 - Missing After Social Media Incident- Jefferson Hills - 21 November 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SIGH. I myself was bullied in school. I'm sure many here can say the same. Mine had a good outcome, for the most part. I hope Jeno is soon found safe and sound,
having been hiding out like rosegold68 mentioned. Young
and old need to learn to behave responsibly online. I certainly try and have been so happy to see that there are so many who try to do the same here on Websleuths.

DEC 2, 2020
Crews search river again for missing teen after family says they received more information (wpxi.com)
[...]

Police said there are conflicting reports that there is video of Moretti entering the river.

They want to make it very clear that no such video exists.

[...]

The family said the search resumed Wednesday because of what they did to track down answers.

Moretti’s cousin said she actually walked to businesses near the Elizabeth Bridge to see if there was any surveillance video of Moretti, and she found out there was.

“I went over to the sewage plant on the West Elizabeth side, asked them to check their videos from Saturday night into Sunday morning. They called me, I went over and I saw the surveillance video of Jeno looking up at the bridge and then walking up the steps,” said Laurie Karner, Moretti’s cousin.

[...]

Heartbreaking. I wish people would teach children who are bullied that bullies do what they do because they don't like themselves and want everyone to be as miserable as they are. Explain bullies have no sense of self worth, no sense of self value and the only way they can find a miniscule of self worth is by bullying. Explain they have a choice in what power they want to allow the bully to have over their feelings. To always remember bullies are just expressing how they really feel about themselves when they are jerks.

I try to teach that to all of "my kids" - the kids I work with daily.

Praying this kid is ok.

IMO this is a sad case. I hope that he will be found unharmed. Bullying is awful. But, is anyone else bothered that some articles have attributed his disappearance so much to one post on Instagram? Maybe I have missed some other details of the case, but the articles I have read said the post said his name and "no mom or dad." Yes, that is a crappy thing to point out to someone. But to attribute an individual's possible suicide to those 4 words? I know people can be very cruel & I am not minimizing bullying at all. But ... unless there was much more to the post, this doesn't seem to rise to that level. Bullying is defined as, " Bullying is the use of force, coercion, or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate"

An unintended consequence could be another young person's life ruined or lost because of the guilt of feeling responsible for this.

IMO I think some if the reporting has been sensationalized to make interesting headlines and that is very unfortunate.

IMO this is a sad case. I hope that he will be found unharmed. Bullying is awful. But, is anyone else bothered that some articles have attributed his disappearance so much to one post on Instagram? Maybe I have missed some other details of the case, but the articles I have read said the post said his name and "no mom or dad." Yes, that is a crappy thing to point out to someone. But to attribute an individual's possible suicide to those 4 words? I know people can be very cruel & I am not minimizing bullying at all. But ... unless there was much more to the post, this doesn't seem to rise to that level. Bullying is defined as, " Bullying is the use of force, coercion, or threat, to abuse, aggressively dominate or intimidate"

An unintended consequence could be another young person's life ruined or lost because of the guilt of feeling responsible for this.

IMO I think some if the reporting has been sensationalized to make interesting headlines and that is very unfortunate.

You really use a very old definition of bullying...I think the wiki page you referred to really needs a touch up. Yes...wiki....again.... an opportunity to learn something...Google a modern definition of bullying and cyber bullying. It's all about intentionally want to hurt somebody and for a longer duration...also the victim doesn't seem to have some kind of protection shield (maybe already being uncertain, hurt for a longer time, whatever bothered with all kinds of things) and we all know or should know...teenagers have a lot to process.

Yes, I agree with you on another's life ruined by doing this....also that's sad....bullies have big problems to.

and yes...I totally agree with you that media is not OK on reporting this case as they do. Actually they undermine it by saying he seemingly "just" took off because of 4 words....No off course not...that was just the tip of the iceberg IMO

As far as I understood Jeno was raised by another family because neither his biological mother and dad were able to. Both living. Being young...you struggle with your identity, Jeno probably did...The school had problems with bullying all along.

From Jefferson Hills Police Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old Jeno Moretti

“He may just be looking for his mom in Baltimore,” Karner said. “He could just be looking for his dad in Wilkinsburg. So that is my hope right now.”

I read the letter from the school about Jeno. It was heartening that they were reaching out to those who might have information and to offer counseling to others.
However, it was disappointing that they didn’t give even one line to say that they would deal with bullying. I know they said that at this time they were dealing with Jeno’s disappearance but, IMO, they could they could have said, even briefly, that bullying will be investigated.

There comes a time when we need to really look at bullying as a crime, when the bullied person takes their lives. It’s n ver going to change as long as there are really no consequences for the teens. Sometimes, there needs to be and hopefully we would see less of this type of behavior. At the age of school children, this is such a vulnerable time. Makes me sick and sad.

Authorities vow to continue searching for missing Jefferson Hills teen | TribLIVE.com
Moretti’s family will not have to pay for any costs associated with the search, and Elizabeth Borough police and firefighters will not benefit from money donated through the effort, police said.

“The public needs to know that all the individuals who have come out to assist with the searching of Jeno Moretti have been 100% volunteer. The only comments that have been made about costs were made to express what the value of all the equipment used… was,” police said. “There is no cost to the emergency services no matter what division we are talking about, police, fire or EMS.”

Elizabeth Borough Police Department
Comments on the latest post are worth a read

Last edited:
This post, dated Dec 3, states LE has video that shows Jeno went in to the river in Elizabeth just before 3am on Nov 22.

However, on the same date...

DEC 2, 2020
Crews search river again for missing teen after family says they received more information (wpxi.com)
Police said there are conflicting reports that there is video of Moretti entering the river.

They want to make it very clear that no such video exists.
That's a pretty huge mistake IMO. wonder what is up?

Aw, Jesus, this is so terrible. We desperately as a society need to give kids the tools to work through emotional pain, the coping mechanisms to handle that pain in a healthy way, and the knowledge that it's ok to ask for help. Kids feel so alone these days, from what I'm gathering from the internet in general and also the kids I counsel at summer camp each year. This is such a hard year, so isolating, and it appears this incident may have been the straw that broke the camel's back in Jeno's life. He was already dealing with a lot it seems. Poor kid. Just sitting here shaking my head. Praying for his family.

This quote from this link makes it seem like there was sensitivity toward the topic.

“After he seen that, that's when all this came to surface that his real mom and dad aren't around,"
Lisa Karner, Jeno’s legal guardian said.”

Crews searching for missing 15-year-old boy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fascist Donald Pig Trump