GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He pleaded guilty to a felony in the other drug case years ago. He should not have been able to procure the guns. More charges coming, I suspect.

Also, many posters have said she likely would not have gone to the house if she knew he was there...is there any evidence so far that shows this to be true? I mean, did she avoid him as rule? I thought it appeared they were all close?

No evidence about this at all.

I am just curious..does anyone else think that maybe Greg wasn't the only family member in on what happened to Jessica? I only say this because of her husband talking to her right before the murder..I'm not trying to accuse the husband and I am truly sorry if I am wrong but just saying..someone had to have been in on it for the fax at her job to randomly be broke and how did he get home after he left his car? Someone had to drive him

Maybe he was intending to move the body once the heat was off, but never had the opportunity.
I was thinking this too. I was also thinking this wasn't his first time.

I do believe that he shot her when she entered the home, and that she never knew he was there. So what was so critical that he gets JP out of the picture?
Maybe she walked in on something 'else'.

Thanks. I didnt ask my question clearly. LE ends with saying they don't know if this is premeditation or if he intended to drop his car off. That is what I was trying to ask, was it determined that the whole car thing was a cover and therefore premeditation and this article is very clear that it is unknown.
What if he didn't want his truck there for an entirely different reason (still premeditated - but to exact some other crime), but the turn of events that included JP in the house made him have to suddenly change his plans. After all, his wife was not due back for yet one more day, and who knows what nefarious goings-on JP may have walked in on. =(

I hope they are checking all 7 acres, as well as his favorite hunting spots, for other missing people.

edited to fix typo

I am just curious..does anyone else think that maybe Greg wasn't the only family member in on what happened to Jessica? I only say this because of her husband talking to her right before the murder..I'm not trying to accuse the husband and I am truly sorry if I am wrong but just saying..someone had to have been in on it for the fax at her job to randomly be broke and how did he get home after he left his car? Someone had to drive him

It crossed my mind for a split second about the solo vacation.

No. I think that her Mom had been transitioning to living more in Florida for weather reasons. For her, it was not a "vacation" but a "retirement" sort of thing. I think he called Jessica at about noon to say that he was away from the office and that somebody needed to go to the fence company office and fax a proposal/bid somewhere. So she went there and he laid in wait and executed her asap and put her in a pre-dug grave with her clothing removed while her limbs were still loose so that he could move her later to a roadside dump where it would suggest that she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted.

That actually makes sense luthersmama, now to figure out WHY

Are there any other younger females in the family? IF GG had sexually abused Jessica as a teen, maybe the impending birth of her niece had pushed her to finally speak out - to protect her niece. She could control contact between GG and her own children but if her sister was unaware of the abuse, Jessica may have been concerned her niece would end up a victim too. It's all so awful....I don't know what to think!! I cannot even imagine what her family are going through.

I hope GG reveals his motive for this horrific crime, if only to help Jessica's nearest and dearest. R.I.P Jessica x

Perhaps there were others but the pregnant sister is from Jessica's bio dad so my assumption would be that there would be no reason for Graf to be around the new baby.

No. I think that her Mom had been transitioning to living more in Florida for weather reasons. For her, it was not a "vacation" but a "retirement" sort of thing. I think he called Jessica at about noon to say that he was away from the office and that somebody needed to go to the fence company office and fax a proposal/bid somewhere. So she went there and he laid in wait and executed her asap and put her in a pre-dug grave with her clothing removed while her limbs were still loose so that he could move her later to a roadside dump where it would suggest that she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted.
Wait..... this changes EVERYTHING. GG called her and asked her to go to the house to send a fax?

Luthersmama said "I think he called . . ." which I think was meant to indicate this was just a theory, rather than that that was something that was already known from available sources. But I could be wrong, of course.

I just don't get the previously abused vibe on this one, JP mentions him on FB as her second dad and made other sincere like comments about GG that I don't think she would do if that was the case

Luthersmama said "I think he called . . ." which I think was meant to indicate this was just a theory, rather than that that was something that was already known from available sources. But I could be wrong, of course.
Ah, okay. Do we actually know what the fax was about? Is it possible it had nothing to do with the fencing company at all? I thought I read that she was going there (to GG) because the machine at her place of employment was broken.

Why else would she have gone there? My guess/theory is that he orchestrated an "emergency" that she needed to respond to because Mom was away. This is my own speculation - not based on published facts.

I totally agree with this theory.

Perhaps there were others but the pregnant sister is from Jessica's bio dad so my assumption would be that there would be no reason for Graf to be around the new baby.

Just to comment on possible family dynamics.

I am from a very similar type of family- mom and dad are divorced, mom re married and had custody of us kids so we grew up living with my mom, my step dad and his kids. We still have our dad and would see him every other weekend and holidays, but in reality my step dad raised me more than my own father because we primarily lived with mom.

Now, my daughter calls both my dad and my step dad "grandpa". He is just as much a part of my child and my sisters children's lives are my real dad is. Obviously he is in our family and at all family events. I would assume the same would be true for GG, based on the information we have been provided with so far on their family dynamics. Until we have information and evidence of past abuse, I would guess that wherever Jessica's mother went that GG was included.

Just because you have one dad doesn't mean you can't have two.

I just wanted to point out something I noticed, It could be nothing but I don't know..Did anyone else notice that all of Gregs comments on Jessica's fb have been deleted? As if either him or her deleted them all? Like every comment made by Greg on her fb is gone. It's weird, Maybe they had some sort of falling out that resulted in this mess? Idk what could be bad enough where you think the only way out is to kill the other person tho..Surely all of us have hard times with family where we don't always get along but I wouldn't ever think about ending anyone let alone my own familys lives.

I think Jessica knew something or found out something about him and he felt he needed to kill her to shut her up. I think there is something bigger here besides what they are letting the public know.

What I don't get is, why did he set this up to attack her at the house knowing he had drugs in the basement and that the cops would want to search for her there right away since it was the last known place she was going?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back