GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At the foundation of this is a threat. Jessica posed a threat, real or perceived, to GG. What could it have been? Some possibilities --- just brainstorming here:

-- threat of exposing a secret (growing/dealing drugs; cheating on her mom with someone -- not meaning Jessica; sexual abuse)
-- threat of losing money (if he's cheating and Jessica's mom divorces him, he could lose money; if he loses the drug business, he loses money)
-- threat of losing something of value to him (money; access to grandchildren; his marriage; his position in the community).

** Brainstorming Speculation **

Could Jessica have suspected he was with another woman while her mother was away, then GG smoothed it over with Jessica and lulled her into a false sense of security, knowing he would kill her to remove the threat?

Could Jessica have found out about the drugs, confronted him and said she would no longer let her kids around him until he got rid of it, and (a few days/weeks later when things had cooled down) he killed her?

Trying (again) not to project too much of myself onto this case, but would Jessica really spend time on GG's property if she knew he was growing/dealing drugs there? I would never knowingly put myself in that situation, especially not as a mom. If the place gets raided and I'm there, I'd get taken in by the police, too, just because I'm there.

Is it possible that Jessica' s mom was in Florida because there were problems in her relationship with GG? Could GG have possibly blamed Jessica for those problems? Could Jessica have possibly encouraged her mom to separate from GG for a while, and GG retaliated in order to get back at the mom and Jessica?

Something about Jessica posed a threat (real or perceived) to GG. Either that or he was trying to hurt his wife. What other options am I missing? Could he have been paranoid and suspected Jessica of stealing from him? What (in his mind) did she represent that he had to silence?

Many intriguing points to ponder....

:waitasec:

I think Jessica's body was either partially clothed or nude, IMO. I think this is the only logical way the police could assume sexual motivation, unless GG has outright confessed it was. GG could of removed Jessica's clothing in an attempt to get rid of any DNA/transfer evidence. If the murder took place in the residence, her clothing could of picked up anything from GG's hair to carpet fibres. I do believe he thought he would have much more time to dispose of the body - I agree with those who said he didn't expect Jessica's disappearance to create so much interest so soon.

This is all pure speculation on my part. Jessica's case has captured my heart and the fact she was killed by someone she obviously loved and in such a swift and casual manner, makes it all the more heartbreaking. I hope her children grow up hearing of the wonderful memories their mother made during her short life. R.I.P Jessica - Justice is coming.

Just jumping off your post...

I wonder if GG posed Jessica in some suggestive, sexual pose which leads LE to believe the murder had sexual components...

Just a thought.....

Is anyone on here from that area? I was just wondering how much business a fence co. Would get this time of year because of the weather?

I also looked and couldn't find annual filings for businesses. In FL, they have them on the net. So, I was also curious how much money the business made last yr., since I guess this year may not be filed yet?

I see on the Northampton County prisoner search, they have the murderer in the special needs unit. Must either have people that want to kill him in there or he is on suicide watch.

Yes I noticed that myself, I believe someone on here did say a few pages back that he is on suicide watch

Apologies if this link was already posted:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...f/2014/11/marijuana_discovered_in_home_o.html

Quotes from the article, I see the wording is a little bit different this time, compared to earlier articles.

"Authorities searching for Jessica Padgett discovered marijuana in the basement of her stepfather's home — an amount consistent with marijuana-dealing, the district attorney said Friday.

District Attorney John Morganelli said investigators found the drugs and a large amount of cash after they served a search warrant Wednesday at the Allen Township home of Gregory Graf."

My thoughts: lots of cash on hand. Drug activity *inside* the home. The fact that Jessica was working 2 jobs, and this sad sack of you know what was living the good life off of drugs makes me ill. I think I'm going back to my original theory that the mom most likely will face drug trafficking charges as well, just because it was going on *inside* her home.

"Morganelli has said they believe the killing may have occurred during the commission of an attempted sexual assault.

Graf, 53, is being held without bail in Northampton County Prison.

Investigators will likely be filing additional charges against Graf because of the marijuana, Morganelli said. Authorities believe the marijuana belonged to Graf, he said."

I'm not sure what a commission of attempted assault is. Does this mean he killed her while trying to rape her? Apparently the drug stuff was big enough business to warrant more charges. So unfair to Jessica and her own little family. Why should they suffer because someone(s) else are failures at life? ;(

Apparently this is where the body was found..behind this building on the property..it's sort of like a shed but where they did business..I found it on morning call idk if it had been posted yet..View attachment 64586

This is the shed that's RIGHT next to the house. As in, they walk out the front door, take 20 steps, and the shed is there. That he buried her literally, feet away from the house is mind boggling. It's like he wanted to keep her close or something.

Apologies if this link was already posted:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/nor...f/2014/11/marijuana_discovered_in_home_o.html

Quotes from the article, I see the wording is a little bit different this time, compared to earlier articles.

"Authorities searching for Jessica Padgett discovered marijuana in the basement of her stepfather's home — an amount consistent with marijuana-dealing, the district attorney said Friday.

District Attorney John Morganelli said investigators found the drugs and a large amount of cash after they served a search warrant Wednesday at the Allen Township home of Gregory Graf."

My thoughts: lots of cash on hand. Drug activity *inside* the home. The fact that Jessica was working 2 jobs, and this sad sack of you know what was living the good life off of drugs makes me ill. I think I'm going back to my original theory that the mom most likely will face drug trafficking charges as well, just because it was going on *inside* her home.

"Morganelli has said they believe the killing may have occurred during the commission of an attempted sexual assault.

Graf, 53, is being held without bail in Northampton County Prison.

Investigators will likely be filing additional charges against Graf because of the marijuana, Morganelli said. Authorities believe the marijuana belonged to Graf, he said."

I'm not sure what a commission of attempted assault is. Does this mean he killed her while trying to rape her? Apparently the drug stuff was big enough business to warrant more charges. So unfair to Jessica and her own little family. Why should they suffer because someone(s) else are failures at life? ;(

And this is why I posted above I was looking for the annual filings for the business. If his business didn't bring in very much for the year, IMO, there was no way they could afford a house in FL on 6 acres and a House in PA and all his hunting trips unless he had a PT job. JMO of course.

Sparky, I live about 10 miles from where this happened. Fencing businesses that I am aware of often have a burst of business in the fall, before the slower winter season arrives-when digging and outdoor work becomes much difficult/miserable. So, it is very likely that he had excess funds from the fencing company at this point, but incoming receipts typically dwindle from this point on.

Also it is important to mention that last winter was unusually brutal and This winter is expected to be the same. Many folks have been rushing to complete construction projects before the ground freezes. The thanksgiving storm was big news in these parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sparky, I live about 10 miles from where this happened. Fencing businesses that I am aware of often have a burst of business in the fall, before the slower winter season arrives-when digging and outdoor work becomes much difficult/miserable. So, it is very likely that he had excess funds from the fencing company at this point, but incoming receipts typically dwindle from this point on.

Also it is important to mention that last winter was unusually brutal and This winter is expected to be the same. Many folks have been rushing to complete construction projects before the ground freezes. The thanksgiving storm was big news in these parts.

Thank you Geo! I appreciate your help.

Maybe one of his PT jobs was this?

http://centralfloridaoutdooradventures.com/about/

I think your on to something sparky, I checked the link you provided and found the contact number which is (610) 972-8582 and the area code 610 is a PA number..Hmmmmmm

This could also explain why he and Jessicas mom were planning to move to Florida

610 is a local area code in a large area that includes Northampton.

He owns the business. http://centralfloridaoutdooradventures.com

Fictitious Name Detail
Fictitious Name
CENTRAL FLORIDA OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
Filing Information
Registration Number G10000090776
Status ACTIVE
Filed Date 10/04/2010
Expiration Date 12/31/2015
Current Owners 1
County VOLUSIA
Total Pages 1
Events Filed NONE
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Mailing Address
2125 NEEDLE PALM DRIVE
EDGEWATER, FL 32141
Owner Information
GRAF, GREGORY
2125 NEEDLE PALM DRIVE
EDGEWATER, FL 32141
FEI/EIN Number: NONE
Document Number: NONE
Document Images
10/04/2010 -- Fictitious Name Filing

www.sunbiz.org

Excellant sleuthing Sparky.
So his ties to Florida could entail ties to a much larger drug ring. Speculating.

610 is a local area code in a large area that includes Northampton.

So Geo, he could've run the Fence business in the spring, summer and fall and in the winter came down here to run his out door sports business?

How far is I-95 from where you live? Thank you!

I-95 is easy access from the area (I am a local) straight through Philly and you're on your way. Or a two hour plane ride.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back