GUILTY PA - Jessica Padgett, 32, Northampton County, 21 November 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My dad, 74 yrs young, who is a avid hunter, never graduated to the point of killing some. He didn't hunt for the thrill of it, he hunted to help put food on the table besides working.

Not all hunters are thrill seekers and graduate to killing humans IMO.

What research Steelman are you referring to?

And also, do you have a link to when he was paid to hunt? I must have missed that, haven't seen it. TIA

I feel for the LE that had to view the recording. That must be traumatizing even as professionals.

And you know, I feel for his attorney, when one is obtained. Most defense lawyers aren't condoning their client's actions but ensuring due process. I can't imagine having to try and assist this man, he is so vile.

The attorney is only advising him of his rights and and acting on his behalf for what the laws allow. It's an unemotional relationship. Like reading him a book. If he pleads "not guilty" in this case the attorney will still only be representing him and protecting his rights, not necessarily arguing his innocence. Court rooms are not what you see on TV. For everyone other than the family it is sterile, boring and almost like pushing cattle through the line.

I also would find it surprising if this was his first murder. If it was, then boy his first step was a real doozy. If I were LE I would definitely explore other victims with him directly and by investigation.

Many cases on here evoke emotions of sadness for the victims and their families and anger and hatred for the perps. This one has suddenly brought on feelings of outright disgust, abhorrence and disbelief. I, like many, have begun to question our world and humanity itself. It is completely understandable to feel like the world is falling apart. However, the fact is that people like this have always existed, even in the "good old days." The 20th century alone has scores of examples where individual political figures and groups have killed tens of millions of people in the most grotesque fashion. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Ch Minh, etc. There are scores of serial killers as well that we are all familiar with. If you google top serial killers of all times you will see that throughout the centuries there have some absolutely horrific examples of people doing things even worse to their fellow man/woman than even this and on a massive scale. So, as much as we don't understand when things like this happen, the reality is that for some reason, this has been tragically a part of the human experience. the good news is that there are many good people as well. People who have been blessed, yes blessed, with a tremendous amount of empathy for other. I suspect that many who are on this board fit that category. I have always liked the quote, "The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing." Thank you all for not doing nothing.

If you use the search drop-down on his facebook page to find "Pictures of" him there's a lot of extremely disturbing photos of him with all sorts of animals he's killed on trips- beautiful zebras, wild cats, etc. But the most disturbing one is of him posing with the corpse of an ape or monkey (I'd clarify which but it was so upsetting I'm not going to look at his page again)- it looks so human, and there's something very odd in the way he poses with his kills. I understand why people hunt and I don't take a huge moral stand against it if it's done humanely and the animals are consumed, but this is the facebook page of someone who really loves to kill things just for fun.

:yeahthat:

He owns the business. http://centralfloridaoutdooradventures.com

CENTRAL FLORIDA OUTDOOR ADVENTURES
Filing Information
Registration Number G10000090776
Status ACTIVE
Filed Date 10/04/2010
Expiration Date 12/31/2015
Current Owners 1
County VOLUSIA
Total Pages 1
Events Filed NONE
FEI/EIN Number NONE
Mailing Address
2125 NEEDLE PALM DRIVE
EDGEWATER, FL 32141
Owner Information
GRAF, GREGORY
2125 NEEDLE PALM DRIVE
EDGEWATER, FL 32141
FEI/EIN Number: NONE
Document Number: NONE
Document Images
www.sunbiz.org

The above information was his "hunting guide" business. Started by him, in his name.

The website has been taken down, probably due to his arrest. It was up and working last week.

I don't think "mental illness" folks are trying to DEFEND anything. "Mental health professionals" attempt to find explanations for disorders and then find ways to treat them.

I don't know where you got the quote "he just needed some help, and we failed him" because I haven't seen anyone say that.

Mental illness is a REAL disease. And with proper diagnosis and treatment people can lead good lives.

I am a mental health professional and I have never once defended someone for committing a crime related to their mental health condition, but I do understand that the condition can explain people's actions.

The above information was his "hunting guide" business. Started by him, in his name.

The website has been taken down, probably due to his arrest. It was up and working last week.

Yes, I know...as I'm the one that found it and posted it several pages back, But that doesn't mean every hunter wants to kill a human. There are lots of businesses down here like that. jmo

ETA: What research Steelman are you referring to in your post above? Post 759

And also, do you have a link to when he was paid to hunt? I must have missed that, haven't seen it. TIA

Oh, You mean he was a "paid guide" to hunt?

I also would find it surprising if this was his first murder. If it was, then boy his first step was a real doozy. If I were LE I would definitely explore other victims with him directly and by investigation.

Many cases on here evoke emotions of sadness for the victims and their families and anger and hatred for the perps. This one has suddenly brought on feelings of outright disgust, abhorrence and disbelief. I, like many, have begun to question our world and humanity itself. It is completely understandable to feel like the world is falling apart. However, the fact is that people like this have always existed, even in the "good old days." The 20th century alone has scores of examples where individual political figures and groups have killed tens of millions of people in the most grotesque fashion. Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Ch Minh, etc. There are scores of serial killers as well that we are all familiar with. If you google top serial killers of all times you will see that throughout the centuries there have some absolutely horrific examples of people doing things even worse to their fellow man/woman than even this and on a massive scale. So, as much as we don't understand when things like this happen, the reality is that for some reason, this has been tragically a part of the human experience. the good news is that there are many good people as well. People who have been blessed, yes blessed, with a tremendous amount of empathy for other. I suspect that many who are on this board fit that category. I have always liked the quote, "The only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good people to do nothing." Thank you all for not doing nothing.

That phrase means for evil to continue to happen good people stand by and do nothing to prevent it not do nothing in the sense of not participating in evil behavior. Mental health careers are based on trying to help, explain and prevent mental disorder not excuse the behavior. Sorry I attached to your post. My phone isn't letting me do what I want.

That phrase means for evil to continue to happen good people stand by and do nothing to prevent it not do nothing in the sense of not participating in evil behavior. Mental health careers are based on trying to help, explain and prevent mental disorder not excuse the behavior. Sorry I attached to your post. My phone isn't letting me do what I want.

Yes, I understand what the quote means and that's exactly what I am saying. I am thanking the people here for NOT doing nothing, which means thank you for doing something to prevent evil. I think the double negative may have thrown you. Also, My comments had nothing to do with mental health workers which was by a separate poster.

To lump hunters into this group of psychopaths is ludicrous. People who kill for the enjoyment of killing are not hunters,in my opinion and the opinion of the majority of those who do hunt legally.

Unless the post was edited, nowhere does steelman say *anything* about hunters.

There's lots of reasons people hunt. I am personally against it, but I can understand and even respect many people's decisions to hunt. Some people hunt for sustenance, some people hunt because they are meat-eaters and feel that hunting puts them more in touch with nature and how the food gets on their table, some people hunt to replace some of the meat they'd otherwise be eating that's a product of cruel factory-farming and feel hunting is more humane, some hunt for a combination of the previous reasons combined with wanting to maintain their cultural and familial traditions, etc. and so on.

I can see where there is satisfaction in being able to hunt down an animal and bring it back to your family or community. However, nobody is ever going to convince me that there isn't something wrong deeply with people who actually enjoy killing animals. Likes it. Gets a thrill out of watching them die. Nope. No way.

To lump hunters into this group of psychopaths is ludicrous. People who kill for the enjoyment of killing are not hunters,in my opinion and the opinion of the majority of those who do hunt legally.

Agreed 100%.

To generalize that hunters are psychopaths and murderers is beyond ridiculous.

Not everyone is a fan of hunting and hunters. That's fair, however, the ham, steak, turkey, fish, etc on our plates ended up there because someone killed an animal.

It's a dangerous thing to generalize.

Just because you hunt, does not a serial killer make.

Unless the post was edited, nowhere does steelman say *anything* about hunters.

There's lots of reasons people hunt. I am personally against it, but I can understand and even respect many people's decisions to hunt. Some people hunt for sustenance, some people hunt because they are meat-eaters and feel that hunting puts them more in touch with nature and how the food gets on their table, some people hunt to replace some of the meat they'd otherwise be eating that's a product of cruel factory-farming and feel hunting is more humane, some hunt for a combination of the previous reasons combined with wanting to maintain their cultural and familial traditions, etc. and so on.

I can see where there is satisfaction in being able to hunt down an animal and bring it back to your family or community. However, nobody is ever going to convince me that there isn't something wrong deeply with people who actually enjoy killing animals. Likes it. Gets a thrill out of watching them die. Nope. No way.

Thank your Marble. For some reason, it seems as if nitpicking my posts has become a popular past-time today.

In regards to the research that has been demanded by sparky:

Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last 25 years demonstrate that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty. The FBI has recognized this connection since the 1970s, when its analysis of the lives of serial killers suggested that most had killed or tortured animals as children. Other research shows consistent patterns of animal cruelty among perpetrators of more common forms of violence, including child abuse, spouse abuse and elder abuse.

http://spcala.com/humane_education/tlc/serial_killers.php

FBI Special Agent Alan Brantly believed that some offenders kill animals as a rehearsal for killing human victims.[9] Cruelty to animals is mainly used to vent frustration and anger the same way firesetting is. Extensive amounts of humiliation were also found in the childhoods of children who engaged in acts of cruelty to animals. During childhood, serial killers could not retaliate towards those who caused them humiliation, so they chose animals because they [animals] were viewed as weak and vulnerable. Future victim selection is already in the process at a young age. Studies have found that those who engaged in childhood acts of cruelty to animals used the same method of killing on their human victims as they did on their animal victims.

No where in there is the word hunter used, nor was it used in my earlier post today. If you apply these articles to what I posted earlier today, and put it in context, then it applies just perfectly.

All of the comments saying I was attacking hunters was conjured up and misrepresented from the beginning.

Also for sparky, Yes, this man ran a hunting guide service, he was paid to take people out and let them kill animals, I imagine he killed plenty of them himself. If not, then I guess he must have faked a whole bunch of pictures standing next to carcasses. He loved to post pictures of himself with dead animals. Apparently he escalated into taking videos of himself with dead human beings.

Thank your Marble. For some reason, it seems as if nitpicking my posts has become a popular past-time today.

In regards to the research that has been demanded by sparky:

http://spcala.com/humane_education/tlc/serial_killers.php

No where in there is the word hunter used, nor was it used in my earlier post today.

All of that was conjured up and misrepresented from the beginning.

Also for sparky, Yes, this man ran a hunting guide service, he was paid to take people out and let them kill animals, I imagine he killed plenty of them himself. If not, then I guess he must have faked a whole bunch of pictures standing next to carcasses.

BBM

I did not demand....I simply asked for a link...and I added a TIA.

I debated whether or not to post this link here, as it doesn't relate to this case at all, but I think there's quite a bit of educational info in it. It's an essay written by a local forensic pathologist here in the area (Northeastern PA) who is a professor at De Sales University. Her name is Katherine Ramsland and she has written many, many books relating to serial killers, disorders, criminals, and psychiatric info about all of the above, plus much more. I've attended a few of her lectures, have read several of her books, and even went on a "ghost hunt" once with herself and a group after a lecture about spirits. She's a decent source of info. I'm posting this because, like so many others, I have been somewhat damaged by this case, and am having a hard time fully grasping it. I thought maybe educating myself a little better about these bizarre sorts of "disorders" (and I use that term very loosely) might help me better process this, and maybe down the line have good info at hand if there's ever another tragedy of this caliber. For those that would rather skip the serial killer sections and other stomach turning things, she goes more into depth on necrophilia in a clinical sense around page 9.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/necrophiles/index_1.html

Editing to add: this is a very graphic essay. Parts of it can be a bit disturbing, just so those that would rather not read that sort of thing are aware.

I debated whether or not to post this link here, as it doesn't relate to this case at all, but I think there's quite a bit of educational info in it. It's an essay written by a local forensic pathologist here in the area (Northeastern PA) who is a professor at De Sales University. Her name is Katherine Ramsland and she has written many, many books relating to serial killers, disorders, criminals, and psychiatric info about all of the above, plus much more. I've attended a few of her lectures, have read several of her books, and even went on a "ghost hunt" once with herself and a group after a lecture about spirits. She's a decent source of info. I'm posting this because, like so many others, I have been somewhat damaged by this case, and am having a hard time fully grasping it. I thought maybe educating myself a little better about these bizarre sorts of "disorders" (and I use that term very loosely) might help me better process this, and maybe down the line have good info at hand if there's ever another tragedy of this caliber. For those that would rather skip the serial killer sections and other stomach turning things, she goes more into depth on necrophilia in a clinical sense around page 9.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/notorious/necrophiles/index_1.html

Editing to add: this is a very graphic essay. Parts of it can be a bit disturbing, just so those that would rather not read that sort of thing are aware.

Thanks for the light reading, Ghost. You must be a hit at holiday parties. Just kidding. Very interesting but extremely disturbing.

While I agree that lumping hunters in with people like Graf is completely unfair, it has been shown time and time again that people LIKE Graf do take pleasure (and often begin with) the hunting, stalking and killing (and usually mutilation) of animals before they eventually graduated to people. So while not all hunters are flipping lunatics, some flipping lunatics are hunters.

I said somewhere earlier in this thread that no one just wakes up one day and thinks "hey, this is a great day to kill someone and do THIS to them". I must take that back. Dahmer certainly did it his first time (and numerous times after) and so did Luka Magnotta (who also filmed himself in the process of the crime), and tons of others I'm not even going to mention. Those were just the first two that come to mind.

Simply because covering up his crime was SO sloppy, I have to suspect this was in fact Graf's first, and last time. A small amount of comfort, but I'll take it.

In a million years, even after hearing police say they thought it might be something like this.... even still, I am shocked it turned out to be this. Poor Jessica. :(

He fessed up quick, and even took them to her, so maybe it was his only time doing this.

The whole situation is disgusting. If he sexually abused her after her death, then I do take comfort that she was not attacked under threat of gun and then killed. I am always disturbed by the idea of a person suffering at the hands of these monsters--- being cognizant of the sexual abuse and power game.

I can't help but think this monster did this before but got away with it, maybe they should be looking into his life a little further.

According to the Morning Call Article linked above:

"For some, necrophilia brings to mind serial killers such as Dahmer and Bundy who had multiple victims, but Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli dismissed that idea in this case."

"Dr Fred Berlin, who specializes in the evaluation and treatment of adults and adolescents with psychosexual disorders, said it would not surprise him if no one close to Graf knew about his alleged interest in necrophilia. He said it's a shame that Graf didn't talk to a doctor about his urges before they allegedly turned violent. One of the unfortunate things about our society is that we do not encourage people to speak up about any deviate sexual thoughts they are having..."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back