PA PA - Judy Smith, 50, Philadelphia, 10 April 1997

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would hope they interviewed the women just to see if they knew Judy. I'm not going to guess on her sexuality. The weight loss program seems to provide a connection to the state. She might have made friends, or met someone male or female. Has it ever been suggested that Jeffrey could be gay? He could just like flowers. I still don't get why she left from Philadelphia.

I've never heard any suggestion that either were bisexual.

Leaving from Philadelphia would have two advantages:

1. It is closer to NC, if that was her destination.

2. It would more easily hide her trail. The police would look for her in Philadelphia and near her home; they would not focus on places where she may have visited.

I've never heard any suggestion that either were bisexual.

Leaving from Philadelphia would have two advantages:

1. It is closer to NC, if that was her destination.

2. It would more easily hide her trail. The police would look for her in Philadelphia and near her home; they would not focus on places where she may have visited.

If she planned to leave her husband or disappear (not die) you are right about how it would change the search for her. People would be focused on Philly or that area.

I would hope they interviewed the women just to see if they knew Judy. I'm not going to guess on her sexuality. The weight loss program seems to provide a connection to the state. She might have made friends, or met someone male or female. Has it ever been suggested that Jeffrey could be gay? He could just like flowers. I still don't get why she left from Philadelphia.
And not to stereotype, at all, but I'm more leaning on Judy possibly being gay on the reason it was said that by her kids that she wasn't very "girly" she wore basic cosmetics, was very outdoorsy, etc.. even one of the female officers who inspected the hotel room found it odd that there were no toiletries and that Judy basically wore the same clothes from the day before after taking a shower. I think the forgotten ID and the weight loss clinic are the center of this case.

And not to stereotype, at all, but I'm more leaning on Judy possibly being gay on the reason it was said that by her kids that she wasn't very "girly" she wore basic cosmetics, was very outdoorsy, etc.. even one of the female officers who inspected the hotel room found it odd that there were no toiletries and that Judy basically wore the same clothes from the day before after taking a shower. I think the forgotten ID and the weight loss clinic are the center of this case.
The weightloss clinic connects her to the state and the ID is weird. Wearing the same clothes is odd. Some people aren't makeup people. I usually keep my makeup in my purse or a purse. A razor, deodorant a toothbrush you would think to find of hers. That's stuff you usually leave in a bathroom. Or she didn't unpack

The weightloss clinic connects her to the state and the ID is weird. Wearing the same clothes is odd. Some people aren't makeup people. I usually keep my makeup in my purse or a purse. A razor, deodorant a toothbrush you would think to find of hers. That's stuff you usually leave in a bathroom. Or she didn't unpack
Could very well be.. this whole case is frustrating and bizarre.. that's why I made a FB group about it "What happened to Judy Smith?" Check it out if you have FB and anyone is welcome to join. Just want to know what happened and why Judy made that fateful trip to NC..

In fairness, I know a number of women that are not "girly" and very heterosexual, and a few lesbians that are very "girly."

As do I.. like I said not to stereotype or offend. Two of my sisters are lesbians and they pretty much said that very same thing. Just trying to explore every possible aspect.

It is not so much the stereotype, but not being girly doesn't really give us that much information, even about sexual preference. Judy Smith could be very girly and still be gay, or mannish and straight.

It is not so much the stereotype, but not being girly doesn't really give us that much information, even about sexual preference. Judy Smith could be very girly and still be gay, or mannish and straight.
Well plus I found it interesting because the house was once a "Haven for lesbians" and when her body was found, suddenly it's now vacant.. could be nothing but I find it ironic. And the fact that she was wrapped in a blanket, whoever did this knew her. Wrapping a body in a blanket to me shows remorse. They lived there, they knew those woods and where to bury her so she wouldn't be found. True, one person couldn't have carried her up into those woods, but two people could've..

Well plus I found it interesting because the house was once a "Haven for lesbians" and when her body was found, suddenly it's now vacant.. could be nothing but I find it ironic. And the fact that she was wrapped in a blanket, whoever did this knew her. Wrapping a body in a blanket to me shows remorse. They lived there, they knew those woods and where to bury her so she wouldn't be found. True, one person couldn't have carried her up into those woods, but two people could've..

Someone leaving the area around the time Smith died would be interesting. The blanket could have been used to carry the body, or even to disguise it.

I remember reading the haven for lesbians was that confirmed? Could it have been a house that people saw women coming and going and assumed that? I was wondering if it could have been a shelter or an underground railroad for battered women.

I remember reading the haven for lesbians was that confirmed? Could it have been a house that people saw women coming and going and assumed that? I was wondering if it could have been a shelter or an underground railroad for battered women.
It's hard to say either way.. I do know that Asheville was very progressive for the time at accepting ppl of an alternative lifestyle. Perhaps it was both. Maybe Judy found out a "friend" of hers was in trouble and without thinking twice, went down there like a shot. Maybe she tried to intervene, *advertiser censored* got out of hand.. another thing I find ironic, if you go from Boston to Philadelphia to Asheville, it is literally a straight line!

I've read up to here on this case and wow is this just so bizarre. Sounds silly but of all aspects of this case, her bringing him flowers struck me as odd (as others mentioned). Sure...no reason it wouldn't be socially acceptable. I've personally just never seen that before. I'm also curious as to what kind of toy truck she (supposedly) bought at that deli. That was a small, yet peculiar detail as well. I really have nothing of real substance to add but you all have such interesting thoughts on this case!

I've read up to here on this case and wow is this just so bizarre. Sounds silly but of all aspects of this case, her bringing him flowers struck me as odd (as others mentioned). Sure...no reason it wouldn't be socially acceptable. I've personally just never seen that before. I'm also curious as to what kind of toy truck she (supposedly) bought at that deli. That was a small, yet peculiar detail as well. I really have nothing of real substance to add but you all have such interesting thoughts on this case!
Yeah the toy truck struck me as extremely odd.. did she meet a truck driver in Philadelphia and he gave her a ride to NC?? She gave him a miniature big rig as a friendly gift? He was local and knew a secret trail, things headed south..

Whose to say the toy truck was a big rig model truck? Could be a pickup truck, old school delivery truck, etc...Probably no way to ever know this sort of information though. Would be interesting if we could determine the name of the deli and then research from there..

I don't see why she would buy a toy truck, like a Tonka unless she was maybe off her rocker.. which could explain the bizarre sightings of her in Philadelphia, sleeping on a bench, the sightings of her in the society hill hotel, trying to get a young girl to leave the store with her bc she thought she was her daughter, plus the fact that she spent $30 on sandwiches.. Clearly that was not just for her..

Oy...this case is the only one that truly makes my brain hurt when considering all supposed sightings, locations, purchases, etc. I'd pay good money to see the true actual path and actions of Judy from the time she decided to skip that flight to get her license to her demise. This would be in top 3 of cases I'd like to see the actual events of what happened. Just baffling.

Oy...this case is the only one that truly makes my brain hurt when considering all supposed sightings, locations, purchases, etc. I'd pay good money to see the true actual path and actions of Judy from the time she decided to skip that flight to get her license to her demise. This would be in top 3 of cases I'd like to see the actual events of what happened. Just baffling.
Yes! It's enough to drive you kinda crazy.. I even made a FB group about it " What happened to Judy Smith?" I really want to know what happened and why, it's just so random and bizarre!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back