PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is extremely unusual for them to be on scene for 34 minutes. Especially with no citation or arrest made. If the LEO was there for that long, you would think that the argument was fairly escalated. And if she was intoxicated, wouldn't the LEO maybe have taken her down to the station to hold her overnight if things were escalated that much? I just don't see how a LEO can be on a disturbance call for over a half hour and not do anything. And then be back at the scene 24 minutes later. It took the officer 3 minutes to get there the first time, so I would assume that the next 911 call was made 20-21 minutes after he left. What happened in those 20 minutes??

I would also think that the officer would make a loop around the block maybe after a few minutes to make sure everything is good and everyone's back inside where I'm sure he told everyone to go. Palmyra is not very busy at 4:00 am, so I highly doubt that he needed to get to another call or something. He most likely had time to really take care of the disturbance and make sure everything was ok.

I am going to assume a neighbor, possibly downstairs, called at 3:12...but who at 4:12?
Did the dog run away before, during, or after this time? Did LE see/hear the dog when there?
-were her keys in her car because someone was going to take it and got scared off?
-were her keys in her car because some had already taken it and then returned with it?
-was her car there BOTH times LE went there?
-would she normally walk the dog or just let it use the yard?

No mention of any surveillance cameras seeing her? That's been most helpful in some of the newer cases lately... even better than initial search parties - but searching is extremely good in that it gets media attention...

In my experience (I've had the police called about loud music back when I lived in an apartment), the officer spent more time sitting in his car outside than he did telling us to turn it down. He didn't even come inside and was there maybe 2 minutes.

I wonder if the second complaint was the same as the first.

did LE ever do a presser stating the actual facts as known by them? Live in video, not transcribed or reported?

June 29, 2012:

2:00 a.m. - bar closes

2:30 a.m. - ? Kortne and guest arrive home.

3:12 a.m. - Neighbor calls 911 reportedly about the dog - noise disturbance

3:15 a.m. - Patrolman Timothy Lengle arrived

3:49 a.m. - Patrolman Timothy Lengle leaves

3:45 a.m. (According to the borough police report which lists Lt. James Hunt as the investigating officer, Stouffer, a part-time hair dresser, has not been seen since about 3:45 a.m. --- see link below)

4:12 a.m. - LE arrives back at the residence for a 'disturbance.'

4:36 a.m. - LE leaves the residence.

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements...ce-among-last-see-stouffer?source=most_viewed

No mention of any surveillance cameras seeing her? That's been most helpful in some of the newer cases lately... even better than initial search parties - but searching is extremely good in that it gets media attention...

on map there appears to be a NAPA store in the building to the left, when facing the front of the residence. The building extends to the street behind the apt, where the parking is. Cameras??? dunno
There are definitely business in the immediate area that could have cameras.

Looking at the timeline, is it possible that Kortne hadn't gotten home yet when the officer arrived? He could have waited outside until the 2 showed up so he could address the issue with the noise the dog was making.

Hmm interesting thought Surfie...is it know for FACT that the 'last' person to see Kortne was indeed the police officer? Did he see her at both response times?
hmmm

they sure responded quick the first time for a barking dog, slow night?

If I understand correctly, the officer didn't see her the second time, so why was he there so long again? I wonder if they spoke with the neighbor either time.

I am curious about something-not thatitmeasn anything.... is a person is under house arrest for DUI in Pennsylvania or that borough, whatever...does that mean they wear an ankle bracelet? Do they stay at their home when not at work or school? Or do they report in each evening /weekend to a halfway house sort of place?

eta- change Iowa to Pennslyvania

Although availability differs from county to county, some individuals convicted of DUI in PA may be eligible for house arrest; other PA DUI convictions may be eligible for an electronic monitor sentencing.

House arrest means just that – you are confined to your home for the duration of your sentence. For most people, this option is much more appealing than jail.

Typically, house arrest includes time or frequencies allowed outside of your home, allowed distance outside of your home, and other defining parameters.

An electronic monitor is used to determine whether a person is complying with the terms of their PA DUI house arrest. The monitor is a small box or device affixed by a strap to one’s ankle.

http://www.duilawyerpa.com/pa-dui-house-arrest-and-electronic-monitoring.htm

thx surfie- I was looking for Iowa- had those 2 little gals on my mind

Well I guess an electronic monitor might explain the BF clear, if that was a condition

Thanks for the timeline SurfieTX!

Scary, sad thought - what if disturbances where of her being victimized!
Saw at least one show on ID where police were called to a disturbance and felt they didn't have cause to break into the apt - all the time the gal inside was being choked...

Just an addendum to the timeline: It is assumed that she stayed until the bar closed; however, they could have returned home from the bar at any time.

I also believe that LE actually saw Kortne during the first call since on the official police report, it says she was last seen at 3:45. As such, I doubt anyone saw her after that - even during the second call to LE, which is odd.

A picture, description of the dog could be helpful, ya think? IF is it missing too. It is eerily quiet. IMHO, If they want this gal found, someone better talk sharing some info, so folks know what to maybe look for.
Hope some answers are forthcoming...carry on.

Black Labs are not tiny dogs. Someone should know *something* about the missing dog. They can also be boisterous and barky - which can be the reason why the neighbor wasn't too pleased with late nights (and maybe long hours of dog(s) barking incessantly).....

Where is she????

Black Labs are not tiny dogs. Someone should know *something* about the missing dog. They can also be boisterous and barky - which can be the reason why the neighbor wasn't too pleased with late nights (and maybe long hours of dog(s) barking incessantly).....

Where is she????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member