PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cluesnews- there seems to be confusion in the various MSM (mainstream media) articles as to whether her dog was in the apt. OR not, so who knows?

yes, very strange case thus far:(
I have to hunt for the news article to reference, but it was said that it was her dog that was left behind and boyfriends dog missing. In one article they gave the name of the animal -Sheeba? I will need to look for this. Also stated that she never went anywhere without her dog....?

Just found this case and have read every post and article.

On the first 911 call, police arrived at 3:15 am and didn't leave until 3:49 am, only to be re-summoned to the apartment 23 minutes later??

So many questions, so few clues/answers being given.

Something is hinky with this one. JMO
We are all brainstorming it here. None of us have much to go on. Welcome

I really wish LE and MSM would clarify the status of her dog, because it isn't clear to ME where it is. If it is missing...or is it found...and if it is 'found' are there any signs of mistreatment- like was it kicked? Limping? Very scared acting? Is there any chance that the dog would have been protective of Kortne in case an altercation took place?

eta- Surfie, that is the addy I get too, the one on the right looking from street, she lived in unit upstairs

I wonder if any surprise visitors were waiting for her boyfriend when she arrived at home instead. Maybe she was greeted by his troubles of company -just speculating. I also wonder how many keys were handed out to their apartment. It also is not clear whether they lived together or not. I read that they did, and that he lived elsewhere or even resided with his parents-ugh.

Just read all the posts and this is sooooo confusing!!

Why did the police officers stay so long the first time? Where is the dog?? Exactly who called the cops in the first place?

If the front door was locked, but her keys were in her car was she going somewhere?

She seems like a cool chick...I hope she's ok.

Just read all the posts and this is sooooo confusing!!

Why did the police officers stay so long the first time? Where is the dog?? Exactly who called the cops in the first place?

If the front door was locked, but her keys were in her car was she going somewhere?

She seems like a cool chick...I hope she's ok.
Yes it is Pinkigreen. There are so many different versions of everything -the keys, cell phone and wallet found in the house, the dog was hers -was not hers. When would she even have had the opportunity to put her things down in the house upon her return is what I wonder.

what is confusing to me is, as I mentioned up thread, is that zillow shows 810 as having 2 units. Consisting of one 1 BR apt on the main level, and one 3 BR on the 2nd level (1br on 2nd level with 2 more 'bedrooms' on the third level)
That is a lot of room to me, and am curious if there are other roommates or even people staying there. If so, where were they that night?
You mentioned keys Cluesnews- yes- who else might have had access to the apt??

why were the keys in the car ( the car left unlocked I think?) and the apt. locked?

I wish we knew what the reason for the calls to police were. Dog barking because it was alone maybe? It doesn't seem like she had enough time to come home and make a lot of noise. :confused:

Here's hoping that at least one of the news organizations files a FOI request for the 911 calls.

I agree with Pinki. Things may be different there, but here if there's a noise complaint, it would be unusual for police to be on-scene for over half an hour. And then to be called back there less than half an hour later, and she wasn't there then?!

I wish we knew what the reason for the calls to police were. Dog barking because it was alone maybe? It doesn't seem like she had enough time to come home and make a lot of noise. :confused:

The bars close at 2:00. I don't know which location she went to (that bar has 2 locations, I believe). She could have made it home by 2:30 or so.

It seems like this news outlet has the most accurate information (which has been my experience in the past - local news usually is the most accurate):

The EMA records, however, match information provided by members of Stouffer's family, who said police were called to her apartment about 3:30 a.m. July 29 for a noise complaint from a neighbor involving the missing woman's dog - also missing. Stouffer lives on the second floor of a duplex apartment.

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements...ce-among-last-see-stouffer?source=most_viewed

and we don't even know if she drove her car or rode with someone else...
Surfie I think is was the Hardware one on 2nd in Harrisburg...and cw028 said prolly 25 mins driving time

omgosh Surfie, see that link you just posted?? Dog also missing
wth:banghead:

So someone complained about the dog and now she and the dog are gone...

Who made the complaint?

I have it confirmed that someone definitely went back to her place with her. Now if they went inside and stayed there is up in the air. It would seem likely that they did go in her apt with her. Could the dog have been barking because it was an unknown person? Did she then take the dog out to get him to stop barking? Were the keys in the car because she was going to go search for the dog via car?

Drugs are everywhere but I would say that the type of drug dealing or drugs you're talking about are not common in Palmyra. Lebanon is the closest place for that...about 25 minutes away.

I would say that at 4 in the morning, I wouldn't be overly concerned letting a 21 year old girl walk around in Palmyra compared to many other places. It is a fairly safe, middle class town.

I extremely doubt that she was nabbed by a stranger or someone not involved in the disturbance or argument that took place from 3-3:45. That would be extremely odd. Argue with one person, police are called. Then you go look for your dog and get nabbed by a stranger that happens to be out at 4 in the morning.

I would also think that the west end of town is the most safe. Her apartment is actually located about 200 feet from the Hershey line. And everyone views Hershey as a happy, safe place. Palmyra is pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MISSINGPERSONSMYSTERIES