PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the "Them leaving" theory is that the "friend" was apparently there when LE arrived the second time so he couldn't have been gone. That is, of course, unless MSM or whomever was wrong when they reported that he said he went to sleep after LE came the second time.

I have seen this mentioned several times now. Are you and others that are saying this saying that the "friend" is homosexual? Otherwise, why would you make such a statement?

From a quick look it seems he is in a same sex relationship though I think it's important to note that that doesn't 100% mean he's gay.

The problem with the "Them leaving" theory is that the "friend" was apparently there when LE arrived the second time so he couldn't have been gone. That is, of course, unless MSM or whomever was wrong when they reported that he said he went to sleep after LE came the second time.

I think it's just him stating that he was there during the second police visit. There was no police interaction with anyone the second time, and nobody else to verify his his claim of being there.

Hmm- a Grantville man was arrested for attempting to rob a 24 year old woman as she left her home in the 700 block of West Cherry street. One block south and east.
Article is dated 08.09, incident occurred 'Wednesday night'. Victim was acquainted with the guy, who was arrested at a home in the 300 block of West Cedar Street, Palmyra. He's 26, was wearing a ski mask.

It is strange that the neighbors didn't come to the door the 2nd time LE arrived, but a possible explanation could be that they went back to bed already and were tired of talking to them yet again. I suspect those downstairs neighbors were the same as the ones Kortne was arguing with? I mean, how many downstairs neighbors are there?

Then there is the 'friends' story of him falling into a deep sleep just at about the same time as the neighbors hearing the noises. What are the chances? The police probably knows a lot more. For example, from which area exactly did the noises come from? The neighbors should be able to indicate this. From the front door or from the bedroom makes a huge difference IMO. I suspect it was the bedroom as I imagine that would be right above the downstairs bedroom.

True! Did they just drive by or did they actually get out of the car and knock? Hmmm..[/QUOTE

-snipped- Police responded to a second noise complaint at the apartment building at 4:12 a.m., Scott said. When officers arrived, it was quiet. They knocked on Stouffer’s and her neighbor’s doors, but neither party answered, Scott said. -snipped-

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/police_were_last_credible_sour.html

This is the spokesperson saying the police knocked. I wonder if that was a assumption based on LE saying the residence was quiet.

Hmm- a Grantville man was arrested for attempting to rob a 24 year old woman as she left her home in the 700 block of West Cherry street. One block south and east.
Article is dated 08.09, incident occurred 'Wednesday night'. Victim was acquainted with the guy, who was arrested at a home in the 300 block of West Cedar Street, Palmyra. He's 26, was wearing a ski mask.

wow .. that would be way too crazy to attempt something so soon after ya made someone disappear .. but then again .. crazier things have happened.

This is the spokesperson saying the police knocked. I wonder if that was a assumption based on LE saying the residence was quiet.

Not sure anyone will know for sure other than the responding officer .. would explain why at least the neighbor didn't answer (if they never knocked) .. which is a real stickler for me! Would open the door to a huge civil suit for the family if they never knocked I would think ..

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21272669/grantville-man-charged-attempted-robbery

per comments .. perp knew victim and made a call to her before he robbed her .. no facebook connection between Kortne and perp or victim (doesn't mean he didn't know her or want to know her tho)

The more info that comes out, the more I understand the parents getting counsel and a PI working for them so quickly. They are dealing with (IMO) at best an incompetent/lazy police department and at worst a corrupt/dishonest police department.

It is strange that the neighbors didn't come to the door the 2nd time LE arrived, but a possible explanation could be that they went back to bed already and were tired of talking to them yet again. I suspect those downstairs neighbors were the same as the ones Kortne was arguing with? I mean, how many downstairs neighbors are there?

Then there is the 'friends' story of him falling into a deep sleep just at about the same time as the neighbors hearing the noises. What are the chances? The police probably knows a lot more. For example, from which area exactly did the noises come from? The neighbors should be able to indicate this. From the front door or from the bedroom makes a huge difference IMO. I suspect it was the bedroom as I imagine that would be right above the downstairs bedroom.

I'm really starting to think LE did a drive by the second time. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would explain why no other neighbors heard knocking or barking and why the names of those officers has not been released.

If there were frequent complaints (nuisance) and they'd been there once before, I can imagine a patrol car slowly cruising the alley, listening, hearing nothing and moving on. Maybe if they get a noise complaint and when they get there, there's no noise , they can't do anything.

I dunno. Maybe they knocked. But I think someone would have heard them.

There would be one downstairs apartment on KS's side of the duplex and maybe one on the other side of the duplex.

I think the dogs are important.

From a quick look it seems he is in a same sex relationship though I think it's important to note that that doesn't 100% mean he's gay.
I think the FB page is a put-on. He indicates he is interested in females. I also heard he was or still is married. For what it's worth.

I'm really starting to think LE did a drive by the second time. Maybe I'm wrong, but it would explain why no other neighbors heard knocking or barking and why the names of those officers has not been released.

If there were frequent complaints (nuisance) and they'd been there once before, I can imagine a patrol car slowly cruising the alley, listening, hearing nothing and moving on. Maybe if they get a noise complaint and when they get there, there's no noise , they can't do anything.

There would be one downstairs apartment on KS's side of the duplex and maybe one on the other side of the duplex.

I don't know. That would mean the police is lying about the knocking. Maybe somebody did hear them knocking but didn't get out of bed. We don't know every detail.

As far as the dogs barking go. It was reported that Kortne had an argument with the neighbor when she got back home, so for example the argument could have been about the dog barking during the night while left alone (keeping the neighbors up). It could also have barked for other reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean the dog should have barked when the police comes to the door, and can we even be sure that they didn't? Not hearing anybody doesn't have to mean they did not hear or see a dog.

W. STOUFFER: As far as we know, they went back to her apartment. And they didn`t see anybody or hear anybody. All the lights were off. They knocked on the doors, and they left.
W. STOUFFER: Right. Let me go back to the first phone call. Kortne and the neighbors were having an argument. The downstairs neighbor and Kortne were in an argument. And when the police arrived, they were told to all go to their apartments.

I don`t know what happened the second time. Just that no one answered the door.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html

If LE just did a drive-by on the second call, well that would be a problem wouldn't it. I'd like a reporter to ask LE if the Officer who responded to the second call heard the dogs bark when he knocked on Kortne's door.

I STILL have not heard if CP drove away from the apartment that morning.

quoting myself about the dogs, mentioned in the msm link- there were 2 there

Thanks Traceyrita for the new story link-
http://www.ldnews.com/ci_21283133/kortne-stouffer-investigation-entering-third-week

and now the dogs thing s is straight-snipped from above-

Note: Scott clarified an earlier report that a dog was missing from Stouffer's apartment. He said there were two dogs in the apartment at the time of Stouffer's disappearance, one was Stouffer's and one her boyfriend's. The boyfriend's father picked up his dog, and Stouffer's family has her dog.

:(

I don't know. That would mean the police is lying about the knocking. Maybe somebody did hear them knocking but didn't get out of bed. We don't know every detail.

As far as the dogs barking go. It was reported that Kortne had an argument with the neighbor when she got back home, so for example the argument could have been about the dog barking during the night while left alone (keeping the neighbors up). It could also have barked for other reasons. It doesn't necessarily mean the dog should have barked when the police comes to the door, and can we even be sure that they didn't? Not hearing anybody doesn't have to mean they did not hear or see a dog.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html
I have a tendency to wonder if the 2nd Phone call wasn't just made up so that the downstairs neighbor could paint a picture that something may have been happening upstairs. Anything more said about the neighbors face scratches? Was that for real?

I think the FB page is a put-on. He indicates he is interested in females. I also heard he was or still is married. For what it's worth.

I think M & C are joking around, at least that's how I perceived it? Just being smart arses :twocents:

Good job sleuthing, everyone!
Let's hope that we get some new info tomorrow so that we can find K or at least get some answers to the very good questions we all have! :please:

In re-reading the JVM interview with the parents, it appeared (1) news of the overnight guest was fairly recent, and (2) the overnight guest had "stopped by a month ago" and before that, Kortne wasn't hanging out with him for the past two years. Since Kortne had only lived at the duplex for the past five months or so, how did he know where she lived if she didn't tell him? At first, Kortne's father was poo-pooing the male friend, but as the interview went on, the father seemed to suspend belief of what the friend said about not knowing anything about why Kortne was not home when he awoke three hours after police left the second time.

Come on, there are more holes in this story than a sieve! Parents, friend(s), neighbors and boyfriend are not being forthcoming.

Grrrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member