PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Early Sunday morning, when she and a male friend returned to her apartment, they saw several neighbors in the first-floor apartment. Kortne vented her anger at them, her father said.

"In an interview this week, Janice Riemenschneider and Rich Sheetz, who live in the apartment below Kortne’s, said they saw Kortne kick and swing at Todd Saksek, who lives in the other half of the duplex.

"They said Kortne’s friend stepped between them. The neighbors said Kortne’s friend also made hostile remarks toward them. At that point, Riemenschneider and Sheetz said they closed their door and called police."

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html

Maybe Mr. 808 (TS) wasn't exactly snug-a-bug in his bed at 3am?

Ok, wait wait wait wait wait! Man, I was away since last night and come back to these great finds.

Ok Todd obviously had an encounter with Kortne WITH witnesses so why this?

Todd Saksek, who owns the house adjoining Stouffer's apartment, said he did not know the young woman well and did not hear any disturbance on Sunday morning.

"I'm just praying that everything turns out all right," he said

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21212616

Jesus.

Even if he didn't take one sip, he was breaking the terms of his probation anyway. I think every probation agreement includes a clause that the probationer is not to be around drugs/alcohol period, and this would be especially true for a DUI charge.

Could a minors presence at such, especially with parole status, be construed as contributing <further> to the delinquency of a minor?
or some such thing? Or is a parolee ultimately responsible for their own behavior, thus excusing others that are part of a misdeed.

I am curious as to just how many were at this gathering, that resulted in the parole violation.

IF there was a call to LE or to Kortne's BF's probation officer, I'm speculating that it came from Saksek. Perhaps, TS had some connection (since there appears to have been problems between them), and had previously discovered who his probation officer was. TS may have triggered the visit by the probation officer on Saturday night before Kortne went out.

Speculating that during the confrontation that led to the police instructing all to return to their respective apartments, the downstairs neighbors may have insisted to Kortne that they did not call the police nor probation officer which led to her BF's arrest. Kortne then may have either believed it was Saksek, or places the blame on him and confronts him.

I feel terrible that people are driving through the alley saying mean things.

I won't drive through there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could a minors presence at such, especially with parole status, be construed as contributing <further> to the delinquency of a minor?
or some such thing? Or is a parolee ultimately responsible for their own behavior, thus excusing others that are part of a misdeed.

I am curious as to just how many were at this gathering, that resulted in the parole violation.

I wouldn't think so if he is 20. That's a legal adult in almost every way but one (drinking). At 18, a person is personally legally responsible for himself (in terms of felonies, being charged as an adult, etc.).

Hmph.

From the beginning it seemed bizarre that a neighbor called the police and then didn't answer their door.

CP seemed like a likely target but I don't think it was CP or crew that harmed or disappeared her.

A few things that stand out but may not be anything.

In one read it said that Kortne's friend stepped in between the fight with Kortne and TS. Not that it means that CP is a chivalrous nice guy, I just can't see him then turning on her and assaulting her in any way.

Seems like she may have wanted him there for protection as well as companionship based on other things I've read.

Maybe the quietness is because LE has a suspect but unforunately the suspect now has an attorney.

MOO

I agree that the "gas station" referred to in the article could be The Gas Station where MR says Kortne asked for a ride to downtown but there is a gas station right across the street. It could be that one where she left her car.

Right across the street from..?

Re the young man, whom Kortne owed money to, and his GF: she argued with both that night in the Hardware Bar...

- Did they lure Kortne out of her apartment between approximately 3:45 AM (LE last sees K) and 4:30 AM (LE leaves apartment area after TS's call to them)?

- Did they snatch Kortne up between the above times or between 4:30 AM and 7:00 AM (CP's wake-up)?

I don't think so. I'm not buying it. Don't believe they lured her out of her apartment, nor snatched her up as she took a walk to cool down or deal with her car.

Why is Riemenschneider so sure that whatever happened to Kortne didn't happen on the property?

It's too Agatha Christie. Everybody says that nobody did anything untoward.

Somebody has to be mistaken.

Too many huge blinking arrows pointing directly at that building and nowhere else. There hasn't been a single whisper about 'elsewhere'. Kortne's family is adamant that she did not leave of her own volition. I trust their insights more than a neighbor.

Has 208 been searched? Attic to basement? Why did Saksek initially indicate he heard nothing when there was obviously a police report? What's the point? There were witnesses! Did LE follow up with a call to *him*?

And how did Kortne's car get back from Hummelstown to her apartment?

How simple would it be for LE to release a legitimate timeline? They could do it without names. Just times, places, number of people, whether they've been cleared.

It's OK for them to give up the BF's probation violation, but nothing about TS? Like, has he been questioned? Has his house been searched? The other neighbors are talking. CP and MR are talking.

There's silence from only one person and that person lives next door, had a beef with KS and publicly obfuscated about the events of the 28th/29th.

To be frank, if Todd Saksek actually said he heard nothing that night, he lied. There's no way around that, there's no way to sugar coat it.

**Please note I said IF regarding I published report. The reporter could be wrong**

Either the reporter is completely off or Saksek is lying. There are no other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has 208 been searched? Attic to basement? Why did Saksek initially indicate he heard nothing when there was obviously a police report? What's the point? There were witnesses! Did LE follow up with a call to *him*?

And how did Kortne's car get back from Hummelstown to her apartment?

(Respectfully snipped by me.)

Have been following your posts and now feel compelled to weigh in. What if Kortne -- too angry to sleep -- left to get her car and "someone" -- also too angry to sleep -- heard her leave, waited for her to come back, and pulled her into his apartment?

That apartment needs to be searched and so does her car. IMO

Edited: corrected typo

(Respectfully snipped by me.)

Have been following your posts and now feel compelled to weigh in. What if Kortne -- too angry to sleep -- left to get her car and "someone" -- also too angry to sleep -- heard her leave, waited for her to come back, and pulled her into his apartment?

That apartment needs to be searched and so does her car. IMO

Edited: corrected typo

Yours is the best theory that I have heard.

This may have been talked about it previous threads - if so, sorry!! Just a random thought so I haven't taken the time to check.

Do we know who owns the property? I am thinking of who she could be fighting with for money and I come up with landlords or drugs. (eek, not saying she was a druggie! I was 21 once!)

Just had a curious thought - could it be that a neighbor owns the property? Probably not, just trying to set the stage for neighborhood dynamics.

Yours is the best theory that I have heard.

Which could explain why keys were still in her car. She went to her car and never made it.

I can see her drunk friend passed out and not hear anything. In fact, I could guess that someone called the police almost as if an alibi. Hey, I didn't do anything, I was the one calling the police.

And then not answer. ooooooooooooh, sorry officer, it was late and I fell asleep.

Yes, there is no longer a gas station across from the Gas Station bar. My thing is how the hell did her car get back to the apartment. Maybe Scott has decided to give.more information since this investigation is going no where. Lets hope he offers more.

This may have been talked about it previous threads - if so, sorry!! Just a random thought so I haven't taken the time to check.

Do we know who owns the property? I am thinking of who she could be fighting with for money and I come up with landlords or drugs. (eek, not saying she was a druggie! I was 21 once!)

Just had a curious thought - could it be that a neighbor owns the property? Probably not, just trying to set the stage for neighborhood dynamics.

The owner does not live in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members