PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still stuck on two things:

- Who else rode back to K's apartment with her and the designated driver, CP [Guest]?
- Did others drive back to K's apartment in a separate vehicle?
- Did any of the possible other guests enter her apartment with CP and KS, or shortly after?

- Did the downstairs tenant who called police to report banging and stomping coming from K's apartment have his own guests? Were they partying?

Quick rundown of what we know so far...

Kortne is at various bars downtown with CP, MR and others.

Kortne had some sort of argument with someone downtown.

CP drives Kortne (maybe MR and another?) back to Palmyra.

About 3:00 am, CP and Kortne arrive at her apartment. A short time after, the police are called for an argument between Kortne and the neighbor.

About 20 minutes later, (4:12 am) police are called again for stomping and banging. CP claims that the noise is from Kortne still being angry at the neighbor for the argument they had less than an hour prior.

4:15-4:20: CP and Kortne go to sleep. Around that same time, police are knocking on the door for another noise complaint. No one answers.

Around 7:30 am, CP wakes up and leaves the residence. Kortne is not there.

Kortne's mom stops by apartment on Monday to find Kortne's cell phone, purse, keys, etc still in the apartment, but no sign of Kortne.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

During investigation, MR's car/house are searched. Car is given back to MR (source: MR's fb).

MR sounds very defensive and angry on fb at not only police, but the parents as well.

CP seems to be keeping his cool a little better IMO

Haven't heard much about the neighbor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Odds & Ends

MR and CP are best friends and neither have much of a relationship with the parents.

Kortne's neighbor comes off as "scary" to some.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You guys can add to this. I was mainly pointing out some of this new info to get new followers up to speed.

Thanks so much for this. To me, MR and CP are still mainly ciphers. What strikes me most is that at four a.m. and after a night of partying, Kortne is still super-charged. And rather than a complicated personal scenario, I suspect that a sexual attack was the cause of her disappearance and death.

Of course, I hope that I'm wrong about the latter.

Two of her neighbors were unwilling to give accounts of the night she disappeared, saying they didn’t want to say anything that might interfere with the police investigation.

One of the neighbors, however, offered his belief that she was not abducted or taken away from her apartment, but rather “walked away” following the second noise complaint and encountered some sort of trouble.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/reward_grows_in_kortne_stouffe.html

Hmm...forgot her shoes.

I'm so glad they're reporting SOMETHING. I messaged everyone I could find at the patriot-news.

Let's hope they don't give up. They didn't give up on Sandusky

I believe someone at those apartments grabbed her and pulled her into their apartment. I hope that LE went apartment to apartment. Were dogs are involved? MO

Two of her neighbors were unwilling to give accounts of the night she disappeared, saying they didn’t want to say anything that might interfere with the police investigation.

One of the neighbors, however, offered his belief that she was not abducted or taken away from her apartment, but rather “walked away” following the second noise complaint and encountered some sort of trouble.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/reward_grows_in_kortne_stouffe.html

Hmm...forgot her shoes.

Odd. I don't like walking on gravel and blacktop in my bare feet. Especially when I have a car.

One could imagine that if even remotely involved in anything untoward, pointing in the opposite direction while screaming 'They went that-a-way!' would be a classic response.

I believe someone at those apartments grabbed her and pulled her into their apartment. I hope that LE went apartment to apartment. Were dogs are involved? MO

The only thing I saw said one dog went to Kortne's apartment. It specifically said apartment.

I'm betting they didn't cover the entire building, attic to basement.

@PalmyraDad - is the attic open between 808 and 810, do you know?

As far as we know, only one that was brought into her apartment, but not used on any land search.

Hmm...forgot her shoes.

Thanks, Epiphany. As hungry as I am for information, I'm pleased that the neighbors are holding their tongues for the purpose of the investigation.

It's probably impossible to conclude that she was shoeless: She could have taken off her partying shoes and changed into something more comfortable; that's certainly the first thing, my girlfriend does when we return from a social gathering.

After the police visit(s) and with a somewhat hostile neighbor, she might have decided to leave the apartment to smoke a cigarette or joint outside. She was tired, but still wired at that hour.

I don't always wear something on my feet when I'm going outside, but that's usually only when I'm running upstairs or downstairs to catch a neighbor, or if I'm stepping outside to speak to someone.

Remember the clothes she was wearing that night/morning were missing, not her shoes.
She never went to sleep.

Not buying it.

The man, who told the station Stouffer appeared tired, said he fell asleep and, upon waking later and not seeing Stouffer, believed she was in a different room.

When he left later that morning, he believed Stouffer was in the apartment, he told the station. She left behind items including her wallet, phone, car and dog.

So he thought she was still in the apartment? Then why would he ask her "what happened" in a text message that morning. What do you mean what happened? She's apparently still sleeping in the other room, right?

If they went to sleep at the same time like he said and he wakes up a few hours later and leaves, nothing "happened" other than him leaving (at least in his mind at the time). Obviously, he's leaving something out. Yet another statement he makes to someone that makes everyone scratch their head.

Friend who stayed with Kortne Stouffer before disappearance speaks

PALMYRA, Pa. (WHTM) -
According to family and friends, Kortne Stouffer went out dancing in Harrisburg on July 28, returned to her Palmyra apartment early the next morning, and then vanished.

One of Stouffer's friends stayed at her apartment that night. abc27 News tracked down the man who said he stayed at the apartment. He may very well have been last person to see the 21-year-old before she disappeared.

The man did not go on camera and he did not want to use his name, but he did give us some more insight into the hours leading up to Stouffer's disappearance.

He told us Stouffer got into an argument at a Harrisburg bar, as reported by another friend earlier this week. He said afterwards they ate at a pizza shop before he, the designated driver, drove Stouffer back to her apartment.

http://www.abc27.com/story/19290677/possibly-the-last-person-to-see-kortne-stouffer-speaks

Ok so I have seen a picture that I believe to be Kortne. Wearing a yellow tank top and black short shorts with red/green/blue flowers or splashes from the night in question at The Hardware bar.

Her face is turned but based on clothing alone, I'd BET it's her. She's with another individual that is friends with the friend that slept over.

Apparently who was out that night with her were really really inebriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV