PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on the friends page. I already gave initials...

And it's private so you'll have to message me for more info.

I know, still not seeing anything if it is MR...last thing I see posted was a photo on July 15th and status change to "in a relationship"...

I watched a clip from ABC27 news last night, and they interviewed the man who stayed at her apartment that night. He didn't want his name released to the public, or his face shown on TV. He says he has had nothing to do with her dissapearance and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Authorities say that he has been very cooperative with them. MAYBE he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's hard to say, if you committed a crime would you be willing to face the family and authorities? I think a normal person wouldn't be able to because they would be overwhelmed with guilt. The person who is responsible for this isn't normal. Maybe the focus should be pointed elsewhere? I still don't understand the banging, and the fact the dog didn't bark a second time.

Can anyone confirm if our MR once lived in Massachusetts? If so, there is a police record.

I don't think we are allowed to sleuth anyone yet...no one has been named a POI. Or at least, not post about it.

Sleepover guy was the designated driver that evening. He says that KS was stomping around the apartment after the police left the first time and neither he nor Kortne heard the police knocking the 2nd time..
http://www.abc27.com/story/19290677/possibly-the-last-person-to-see-kortne-stouffer-speaks

I still can't figure out why he spent the night. I thought maybe he didn't want to drive home after drinking but he was the designated driver. Why not just go home?

I understand the sleuthing rules. However, with the standard modern playbook for LE, there should be some latitude given. LE is not naming POI's anymore in most cases. Maybe a mod can step in here, but initials have historically been ok.

I still can't figure out why he spent the night. I thought maybe he didn't want to drive home after drinking but he was the designated driver. Why not just go home?

I was thinking maybe he had planned to, until Kortne got into the altercation with neighbor. But then if so, you would think he would make sure she was safely asleep, etc...before nodding off.

Excellent observation! Why did he stay the night? That is the follow up question that the interviewer should have asked.

Sometimes the default DD ends up being the one who perceives him/herself to be the least schnockered. Not in this case necessarily… but maybe KS and the three partying amigos had a couple of drinks when they got back to the apartment?

Excellent observation! Why did he stay the night? That is the follow up question that the interviewer should have asked.

Also, if he was the DD and drove her home, why is MR's car/house being investigated? He was just downtown with them. I don't see that alone as being a reason to impound the car and search his house. Something's missing...something the public doesn't know about what happened with them that night.

If MR never goes over to the apartment, she's never at MR's place, CP's never at MR's place...then why is MR's car/house being investigated???

**Unless CP drove MR's vehicle from Harrisburg to Kortne's and MR drove home from there, being that it's only a short distance.

I watched a clip from ABC27 news last night, and they interviewed the man who stayed at her apartment that night. He didn't want his name released to the public, or his face shown on TV. He says he has had nothing to do with her dissapearance and he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Authorities say that he has been very cooperative with them. MAYBE he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's hard to say, if you committed a crime would you be willing to face the family and authorities? I think a normal person wouldn't be able to because they would be overwhelmed with guilt. The person who is responsible for this isn't normal. Maybe the focus should be pointed elsewhere? I still don't understand the banging, and the fact the dog didn't bark a second time.

:rant: :rant: :rant:​

Is that the piece I just watched from the link up thread? It was all voice over by the reporter with stock footage of KS's apartment.

If that's the sum total of what the station has, they could have gotten that via a phone call. I don't believe it said "in person" or "met with".

So, is he unwilling to appear even with his face in shadow and his voice disguised? That's odd.

Wrong place, wrong time? Why didn't he answer the door when LE knocked? Why didn't he leave after the first go 'round with LE? He's said he was there. Is it out of character that he wasn't cooperating with authorities that particular night?

Attorney for the family is questioning the effectiveness of the investigation, so I don't know what that means in terms of reported cooperation with authorities.

He's not getting a pass from me anytime soon.

It seems that everyone who knows Kortne knows who this guy is, including her family. Who is he hiding from? He's not being shy on facebook and he's not adopting a very likable stance there.

I can't quote a facebook post.

I have no idea whether or not he's involved in Kortne's disappearance, but from what I've seen, he seems to be a total, absolute @$$hat who has ZERO interest in Kortne being found.

Why not? If he was a close enough friend to sleepover, why didn't he help find KS from the jump? Print fliers, post her photo on his FB wall? Anything. Anything at all. Nope. He changed his profile picture from the wannabe bad@$$ portrait of July 28th. Anybody can see the dates the photos were posted.

His only interest appears to be clearing his name. KS is not the topic of his conversation.

I find that disturbing.

With friends like that......

IMO, JMO, MOO, ad infinitum

http://www.abc27.com/story/19290677/possibly-the-last-person-to-see-kortne-stouffer-speaks

from link ==> Supposedly, police were called to the apartment, but no one answered. According to the man, neither he nor Stouffer heard officers knocking on her apartment door.

======================

I want to hear the tape from the supposed 911 call at 4:12am and I would like to hear from the LE who supposedly knocked on Kortne's door.

So would I. I'd like them to show me the dash cam footage of them getting out of the car the second time. For 5 minutes.

Is that the piece I just watched from the link up thread? It was all voice over by the reporter with stock footage of KS's apartment.

If that's the sum total of what the station has, they could have gotten that via a phone call. I don't believe it said "in person" or "met with".

So, is he unwilling to appear even with his face in shadow and his voice disguised? That's odd.

Wrong place, wrong time? Why didn't he answer the door when LE knocked? Why didn't he leave after the first go 'round with LE? He's said he was there. Is it out of character that he wasn't cooperating with authorities that particular night?

Attorney for the family is questioning the effectiveness of the investigation, so I don't know what that means in terms of reported cooperation with authorities.

It seems that everyone who knows Kortne knows who this guy is, including her family. Who is he hiding from? He's not being shy on facebook and he's not adopting a very likable stance there.

I have no idea whether or not he's involved in Kortne's disappearance, but from what I've seen, he seems to be a total, absolute @$$hat who has ZERO interest in Kortne being found.

Why not? If he was a close enough friend to sleepover, why didn't he help find KS from the jump? Print fliers, post her photo on his FB wall? Anything. Anything at all. Nope. He changed his profile picture from the wannabe bad@$$ portrait of July 28th. Anybody can see the dates the photos were posted.

His only interest appears to be clearing his name. KS is not the topic of his conversation.

I find that disturbing.

Well, when you put it like that! Seriously, great post because I was leaning more towards the neighbor but now am on the other side of the fence.

And this whole MR person - with his car and what not makes me suspicious. Was he involved which led to him being silly on FB with the relationship status and maybe a cover up by CP?

In any event, it doesn't look good.

So would I. I'd like them to show me the dash cam footage of them getting out of the car the second time. For 5 minutes.

while we're at it, I would like to see the dashboard cam of the first officer leaving. For 5 minutes.

I wonder what LE has told her parents about the second visit. They seem to be pretty much pro-LE at this point, saying that LE is as concerned as if Kortne was their own daughter, etc...I wonder if they have the details of this second visit. If LE did not go inside, that would be one reason for LE to be as mum as they have been, for sure.

I find that disturbing.

Is this the same CP that states he's in a relationship with MR? I ask only because when I look I only see friends added, something recommended and a profile pic change. Just curious if I'm looking at the right place. Based on what you're saying, he's not acting like I've seen other good friends react when in a similar situation. The Mickey Shunick case and Brettly (friend last seen with her) comes to mind right away for me. Then again, I'm also going to bet he's really not as close of friends with Kortne to begin with.

The friend said before he fell asleep, Stouffer herself looked tired. When he woke up, he said he did not see Stouffer. He thought she might have been in another room. He said he did not know she was missing and left.

Wait - why if he assumed she was in another room, did he text her asking her what happened?

EXACTAMUNDO!!!

Sleepover friend is talking, and the more he talks, the less believable he becomes.

The friend said before he fell asleep, Stouffer herself looked tired. When he woke up, he said he did not see Stouffer. He thought she might have been in another room. He said he did not know she was missing and left.

Wait - why if he assumed she was in another room, did he text her asking her what happened?

I think he figures she was asleep in another room!
I do not see her sharing a bed with this guy!
He would leave without waking her up.
I see no problem with that !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members