PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I can't help but think it was due to either alcohol or some other substance (spiked drink?). We don't know if Kortne ingested anything, either voluntarily or unknowingly, that might have caused a change in her mood or behavior. I wish someone who was with her that night would spill all....not publicly, but to LE and the family. Hopefully they have already.

I can't get her off my mind. She reminds me so much of my niece.

Yet her parents didn't say anything about it being unusual that she would be in a fight with her neighbors, as far as I can recall.

Yet her parents didn't say anything about it being unusual that she would be in a fight with her neighbors, as far as I can recall.

I thought I remembered a comment from them about it being uncharacteristic of her...but I can't find an article to support that memory. I did find this statement from one of her friends:

“She’s not an angry person so it might not be serious for her, its not like her to throw a fit in public,” Leaton continued.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-speak-out/txwWJAYip0SHrqNT3ADRlQ.cspx?rss=50

I think it's been stated that she's had issues with this particular neighbor in the past, however.

I thought I remembered a comment from them about it being uncharacteristic of her...but I can't find an article to support that memory. I did find this statement from one of her friends:

“She’s not an angry person so it might not be serious for her, its not like her to throw a fit in public,” Leaton continued.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...-speak-out/txwWJAYip0SHrqNT3ADRlQ.cspx?rss=50

I think it's been stated that she's had issues with this particular neighbor in the past, however.

But this is just it, whatever happened was enough to make Kortne upset?
Whatever it was, let's keep talking about it.
From what I've heard, Kortne never backed down, she had spirit and faith in her own judgment to not back down.
Let's all keep talking and confronting for Kortne.

But this is just it, whatever happened was enough to make Kortne upset?
Whatever it was, let's keep talking about it.
From what I've heard, Kortne never backed down, she had spirit and faith in her own judgment to not back down.
Let's all keep talking and confronting for Kortne.

I believe the agitation Kortne battled with that night was chemical in nature, and I don't think she chose to ingest the chemical.

Will be going after work to get mine as well.

See if u can word out to the family to call in Tim Miller to form a real search for Kortne, he will only come if asked by the family.

I'm still not getting this "peace girl" being in all of these altercations...weird.

The peace sign thing can be just another affectation, IMO. Maybe it was just her thing, like butterflies or meaningless 'tribal' tattoos.

The peace sign thing can be just another affectation, IMO. Maybe it was just her thing, like butterflies or meaningless 'tribal' tattoos.

Yes. Let's not forget that along with "one love" she also sports a tattoo of a pistol on her hip.

See if u can word out to the family to call in Tim Miller to form a real search for Kortne, he will only come if asked by the family.

I think LE also has to give a green light?

Not a new article, but my new observation:

http://mobile.pennlive.com/advpenn/pm_29239/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DqUWmFVF

"Two of her neighbors were unwilling to give accounts of the night she disappeared, saying they didn’t want to say anything that might interfere with the police investigation.

One of the neighbors, however, offered his belief that she was not abducted or taken away from her apartment, but rather “walked away” following the second noise complaint and encountered some sort of trouble."

Hmmm, reading between the lines, it sounds like LE has cleared two neighbors and requested their assistance in prosecuting a crime. The third neighbor is not on that side of the fence and is speaking freely. I wonder why?

As far as I can see, neither of these boys is in the position to "own" racehorses, they are blacksmiths.
Totally agree with you. My late husband's father owned several race horses and believe me, this is an expensive proposition generally reserved for the wealthy. It's not a profitable hobby or way to make a living.

Without a link handy, all we know was she had an altercation with a female at the second bar (Hardware Bar), not pizzeria.

The "fear/protection" angle originated from a comment K's mother made on J-V Mitchell show. Our speculation was that she may have been afraid of her neighbor/another tenant:

W. STOUFFER: They were friends about two years ago. They would hang out and do stuff as a group of people. And since she`s been dating her boyfriend, she really didn`t have much contact with him.

I know that he had stopped by about a month ago. And that was the first time that her boyfriend had any interaction with him and met him. And I think because her boyfriend was away, she thought she could hang out with him and have somebody to protect her and hang out with. A guy friend to hang out with.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html

I think the "feeling safe" means going out to a bar knowing she had a male buddy for "protection," eg, so other guys wouldn't hit on her while she was out partying.

We don't really have any information that Kortne is a particularly laid back or even pleasant person. One of her acquaintances characterized her as "blunt".

Some might say I can border on abrasive, but i prefer 'direct'. I only have so much time left here and I squander none of it on pussyfooting. Bottom line or move along. I don't attack anyone, but I'll be damned if I'll back down if attacked. (Unless it's a huge bear or something...'cause, yeah. It's a bear)

I've never gotten into a public altercation, though.

I'm not a big drinker. It doesn't fit my control freak personality and it makes me sappy. Bleh.

Maybe if I drank more, I'd be picking little fights with Stupid People.

Sometimes it's inappropriate. When the point of push back is simply the pushing back, it's a waste of energy.

Maybe Kortne hasn't yet learned to choose her battles. Or maybe she took a very wrong turn and isn't sure what to make of where she is in life. Maybe she feels attacked from all directions.

Even in 2012, there are lots of people who have an axe to grind with a woman who cannot learn to sit down and STFU. To them such a woman is a personal affront. I've met people like that all my life. Just being who I am angers them.

You put an inebriated, defiant young woman in the path of one of those guys, and it probably won't end well.

Maybe none of the above is applicable. I don't personally know any of the people who may or may not be involved.

Peace/One Love or defiant rebellion?

One or the other may have contributed to Kortne's disappearance, but neither mitigates the wrongness of it.

Totally agree with you. My late husband's father owned several race horses and believe me, this is an expensive proposition generally reserved for the wealthy. It's not a profitable hobby or way to make a living.

So what then does it suggest if one of the young men we can't talk about yet absolutely does own several race horses? All you have to do is google Penn National and the name of the young man we can't talk about. He owns horses. No question about it.

So what then does it suggest if one of the young men we can't talk about yet absolutely does own several race horses? All you have to do is google Penn National and the name of the young man we can't talk about. He owns horses. No question about it.

I don't know anything about Penn National, is it amateur racing? Interesting.

Not a new article, but my new observation:

http://mobile.pennlive.com/advpenn/pm_29239/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=DqUWmFVF

"Two of her neighbors were unwilling to give accounts of the night she disappeared, saying they didn’t want to say anything that might interfere with the police investigation.

One of the neighbors, however, offered his belief that she was not abducted or taken away from her apartment, but rather “walked away” following the second noise complaint and encountered some sort of trouble."

Hmmm, reading between the lines, it sounds like LE has cleared two neighbors and requested their assistance in prosecuting a crime. The third neighbor is not on that side of the fence and is speaking freely. I wonder why?

I saw it the other way. I see all neighbors still in play. Two not speaking and one creating a diversion. Pointing away from themselves. All are deflecting questions.

The two who won't speak don't say LE asked them not to or that they'll check with LE about what they can and cannot say.

The one who says Kortne wandered off is obviously (IMO) employing the "Hey! Look over there!" screen.

I'm not buying any of it.

LE still has nothing to say.

And there's an ENORMOUS horse training (?) boarding facility in Lower Swatara Township. It's beautiful, btw.

Maybe it's a Pennsylvania thing. Lots of people own horses. A small percentage of those people are wealthy.

OK .. FWIW .. My observations of the sleepover guys brief interview .. my comments in RED

-snipped- On Thursday, WHTM-TV said it interviewed the man, who wouldn’t allow his name to be published. He told the station Stouffer had gotten into an argument at a Harrisburg bar. Later, they ate at a pizza restaurant. (Really? I thought JL said she saw Kortne storm past the pizza place looking angry. Maybe they ate pizza at another pizza place but highly doubtful at that hour. Only one I know of thats open is the one on Second Street where JL was) He said her drove her home, (He drove her home? And left her keys in her car? Mom said Kortne alwyas kept her door locked. Assuming the house key was on the key ring, how'd they get in the house? Maybe a spare key? But why would you get out of someones car and leave their keys in it? He wouldn't know she had a spare.. would he?) where she argued with a neighbor, prompting the first call to police.

He said Stouffer, who lived on an upper floor, later stomped around the apartment. He and Stouffer were unaware of police knocking at her door a second time, he said. The man, who told the station Stouffer appeared tired, (Ok.. she was stomping mad or tired? Which is it? If she was that mad .. she wasn't gonna fall asleep in 20 minutes) said he fell asleep (With her stomping all around? Really?) and, upon waking later and not seeing Stouffer, believed she was in a different room.
When he left later that morning, he believed Stouffer was in the apartment
(then why the text at 7:30 am if he thought she was sleeping in another room .. 7:30 .. really? Ya'd think if he thought she was sleeping he'd give her a chance to sleep in after falling asleep at 4 something. You are gonna text someone "I didn't see you what happened" 3 hours later when you think shes in the next room? .. Nahhhh Not buying it .. any of it!) -snipped-

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/reward_grows_in_kortne_stouffe.html

I don't believe it, yet saw the same thing you did. He's either independently wealthy or makes money another way. Horses that run in claiming races aren't the winning ones, and the overhead is very high even for them. We are talking stable fees, equipment, veterinarian bills, feed, jockey fees, transportation, trainers, grooms, exercisers, entrance fees... $5,000 a month average. And no guarantee of winning a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24