PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://texasequusearch.org/report-a-person-missing/

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case.

http://texasequusearch.org/report-a-person-missing/

Special note: Texas EquuSearch can only accept a missing person case if it has been filed with the appropriate law enforcement agency, a case number has been assigned, and law enforcement gives their consent for Texas EquuSearch to become involved. Requests for Texas EquuSearch’s assistance must be made by the family of the missing person and/or the law enforcement agency handling the case.

I emailed kortneinfo@gmail regarding TES. Just saying I wanted to be sure the family is aware that such an organization exists.

I don't know what else we can do. :(

Kortne's not in the NamUs database.
http://www.namus.gov/

I emailed kortneinfo@gmail regarding TES. Just saying I wanted to be sure the family is aware that such an organization exists.

I don't know what else we can do. :(

Kortne's not in the NamUs database.
http://www.namus.gov/

i agree with you - has there been any reasons at all given as to why they are not searching? if her dad was willing to talk with the psychics that scared him(i feel so bad for him and the rest of the family right now) i would think they would jump at the chance to get tes in and searching... but le?? im not sure what to think. i am very much pro le, but im sorta wondering if they are in cya mode due to not making contact on the second call that night... jmoo

has anyone been named a person of interest in this case?if not sleuthing stops with what is printed in the main stream media.

A couple of pages back, we were given permission by an Admin to sleuth MR and CP, because they are being treated as persons of interest in this case, even though they have not been named as such.

Does anyone know if there are even any upcoming searches planned? By the family or anyone else?

Speculation: Lack of another formal search

LE may know that Kortne is no longer alive. This appears to be clear to the parents, as well. IMO, their overwhelming grief has been obvious for some time now. LE may have some evidence that points to that conclusion, as well as to a perp/perps. LE also may know that Kortne is no longer in the immediate area>conducted a 2 1/2 mi radius search to be certain. The search was limited in number and tightly controlled in the unexpected event that additional evidence were to be found. The formal search was conducted in this manner in order to prevent leakage to the public (and therefore, to the perp/perps).

LE only knows that Kortne is NOT in the immediate area. However, they do not have enough knowledge and information yet to point them in the direction she may be. When they do, we will see another formal search conducted.

A couple of pages back, we were given permission by an Admin to sleuth MR and CP, because they are being treated as persons of interest in this case, even though they have not been named as such.

I am working to get some clarification on this. Thanks for everyone's patience.

I believe there's a difference between mentioning their names (which was allowed based on MSM) in conversation and alerting everyone of every fb status update, profile pic change and when to go to a local bar/restaurant to see these guys in person.

You don't think that sounds a little ridiculous??

Again, this is real. This isn't a novel or just a good tv show...

here is what Kimster said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G
How deep are the members allowed to dive in Kimster? As in profession, where they work, drugs, associates, et al. TIA
If it has nothing to do with this case, leave it alone. But if they have a police record that you can link to, that's fine.

Discussing friends, families, prior teachers, addresses, etc. is not allowed. It really needs to be tied in to this crime to discuss it.

Here's the decision:

It's okay to question these people and see if you can find any prior arrest warrants to see if they've been in trouble before. I understand where the mods were going in that the article reads "We want to make clear, the DA says they are not people of interest or suspects". It's kinda strange that it says that and yet they are questioning these people and issuing search warrants!

Go ahead and discuss them as having "unusual behavior", but let's not issue a verdict at this point.

For example, I might say "since LE searched and has been questioning them, what could they be looking for if they aren't concerned this person was involved"?

and here is some more clarity.

The rules for Facebook are very clear and I will copy them here for everyone. If there is still a question regarding moderation, please contact me privately so people can keep discussing the case here without interruption. :tyou:

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Andrea, no worries! I'm right there with you. Learning as I go. Semi - new here and only recently started posting.

It's pretty quiet today. No updates or anything.

Any updates locally?

I hate to even put the words to the universe but I unfortunately don't feel that Kortne is with us any longer. EEEW to even having to say those words. I just wish we knew where she was.

If the suspect pool is relatively small which we assume that it is, we should know more. Unless LE has a pending arrest (like in other cases when things seemed soooo cold and then bam.)

We know that nothing was found in her apartment with the dogs search. We know that there was no sign of struggle.

They are looking into Kortne's car and we haven't gotten results yet. They are saying that CP & MR are not being considered as suspects at this time.

I've been on the fence with CP being involved but at this moment even though everything points in his direction, I am still unsure and questioning a neighbor.

I know, beating a dead horse here. Just wish we knew more for her family's sake mainly. It's so sad.

I'm the same way, hence my user name.

Too many times, I've thought it was thus & so and it turned out to be something completely unrelated.

I think it's important to find Kortne. Maybe finding Kortne and working backwards would be more effective. Or not.

Today looks like a good day to go back through the threads and re-read posts, watch videos and re-read articles and see if anything pops out.

I wish TES was here. I just drove 743 between Hershey & Grantville. It's wide open - fields, trees, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is EXACTALY where needs to be searched! Soooooo many wooded areas ... wide open fields ... I just can't for the life of me figure out WHY THERE ARE NO SEARCHES!!!! Little ponds ... BIG patch of woods that goes on for days right down the road from the racetrack ...

Today looks like a good day to go back through the threads and re-read posts, watch videos and re-read articles and see if anything pops out.

This might also be a good day to get the reference thread in order. I have started one right here: PA PA-Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21,Palmyra, 29 July 2012 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY *NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Good Thought! Maybe as you revisit old articles and LE interviews, you (or others) would be willing to post them in the reference thread with quotes that stand out?

Also has a map of the area been done with pertinent points on it? Or a timeline? Those should be put in the reference thread also, so that they can be found easily.

Just some ideas for moving forward,

Salem

I'll start right now pulling some images from Google Earth and labeling for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro