PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just ginna hope & pray it wasn't her bill counter. If it was then I need to sleuth a new direction. Fingers crossed...

Just throwing this out there, but her dad has a big thriving business. He could have bought a new counter and just handed the old one over to her as a joke or whatever. My parents give me crazy stuff all of the time (why, I don't know...lol). Or it could have been her boyfriend's. He lived there too.

In any event, I think it is more important to know WHEN it was stolen. Like Jo said, the person possibly accused of such a thing could be more instrumental than the actual item itself.

maybe someone had a money counter, etc.... they were holding for someone else, and to explain it 'coming up missing' to the owner, just said it got stolen in a burglary...but they were still scared after the fact

I dunno?

Yes, I also think that's a possibility.

And perhaps the owner didn't buy the burglary story.

Wasn't the neighbor TS ripped off? Thought I read a post about that somewhere. Was that around the same time?

But what is a mild drug? Weed? All are illegal to sell in the state of PA. I personally don't see any difference in somebody selling weed on the side for a few bucks in extra cash vs somebody selling heroin for thousands. No difference at all. I understand what you're saying about the money, though. I also know its quite normal for most kids to try stuff. I'm definitely not knocking her. However to put it in perspective, I'd be just as worried if one of my kids made a Mary-J purchase as opposed to a Cocaine purchase bc either way they'd be dealing with somebody shady & they'd be involved in something totally illegal.

"Dro" weed is very expensive and very desirable. It can be big money, as much or more than crack/coke/heroin.

Wasn't the neighbor TS ripped off? Thought I read a post about that somewhere. Was that around the same time?

2010, it looks like

"Myers was charged with receiving stolen property on
March 4, police said.
The rings, owned by Todd Saksek, of Palmyra, were
sent to be melted by the store and were never recovered,
police said.
"

http://www.myerstownherald.com/herald_032210.pdf

It doesn't make sense to report the money counter stolen. Even if you are clean as a whistle, you invite scrutiny by police by having that in your possession as a 21 year old.

Maybe Kortne isn't so bright and didn't realize that. Maybe her involvement in things illicit has been very minimal and on the outside of something bigger that was going on in her circle. Maybe she made someone very mad by shining a spotlight on them by reporting the counter stolen.
Yup, I could see this too. There appear to be lots of people coming and going from her apartment for parties, etc. Perhaps someone wanted the money counter stashed there. It was stolen on June 20th.

Just throwing this out there, but her dad has a big thriving business. He could have bought a new counter and just handed the old one over to her as a joke or whatever. My parents give me crazy stuff all of the time (why, I don't know...lol). Or it could have been her boyfriend's. He lived there too.

In any event, I think it is more important to know WHEN it was stolen. Like Jo said, the person possibly accused of such a thing could be more instrumental than the actual item itself.

Whether it was her's or her BF's or just a friend's machine isn't really the point to me. It's the fact that it was one of theirs and it was at her place (AGAIN, IF, AND A VERY BIG IF, IT IN FACT WAS HER PLACE IT WAS STOLEN FROM) makes me concerned about what was going on with OR around Kortne.

What leads me to believe that it wasn't just some machine her dad or someone else gave her is the fact that whoever reported it stolen was apparently able to report the make and model to LE. I don't think if it was just given to them they could do that. I couldn't tell you the make or model of any electronics in my house, although I probably do have paperwork in the house that I could get that information from.

"Dro" weed is very expensive and very desirable. It can be big money, as much or more than crack/coke/heroin.

OT - people have been growing hydroponically since at least the 80s..70s maybe.

I never understand why anything trends at specific times. Civilization is weird.

2010, it looks like

"Myers was charged with receiving stolen property on
March 4, police said.
The rings, owned by Todd Saksek, of Palmyra, were
sent to be melted by the store and were never recovered,
police said.
"

http://www.myerstownherald.com/herald_032210.pdf

Wonder if CM is friends with Kortne.....if maybe he hung out at her place. I know it happened in 2010 but could you imagine TS seeing CM hanging around with Kortne......if they were friends.

A $200 machine to wrap up some quarters?

https://www.carnation-inc.com/

When I suggested it was a change counter, I was not yet aware that the model number was available and that it WAS a bill counter. When I waited tables, I swapped my $1s for bigger bills from the register before going home. It also helped the restaurant because they did not have to go to the bank for change as often.

And we do NOT know it was stolen from her/her place. There may be other 20 something females living on the block who rent, or who live with someone who rents and are not actually on the lease. I believe that the apartment K shard with her BF was "officially" rented to her only.

Hi, SurfieTX. To me, this sounds sensible. A couple of summers ago, I went to a suburban yard sale and was astonished by the things that people had acquired (some of them probably at other yard sales). I've been cleaning my apartment and rediscovering stuff I've had for years and rarely had the occasion to use.

As for Kortne's drug connections, I think that the early and persistent descriptions of her as a hippie are most accurate. She smoked weed, might have shared and/or sold some with friends and liked to party. That doesn't make her a major American drug dealer; in fact, in some ways, it makes her typical: I live half a block from the dorm of an elite college which was recently listed as one of the most pot-friendly universities in the U.S.

Many things I wanted to quote but this one I agree with the most - I do think it's possible that this came along from somewhere totally legitimate. I also think that it's possible it was a bit of a source of pride - I knew people when I was younger who were quite happy to be seen as more into dodgy dealings than they were, and would've loved to be able to display a money counter, because everyone knows what that implies. Obviously there's still no proof that this even WAS Kortne OR that she would be that sort of person, but there is a part of me that thinks it could easily be that she was given it by someone (her dad, one of her dads friends) and she thought it was a neat thing to have. Also it is worth some money. If she was insured she would've needed a police report in order to claim on it. It's easy enough to have a look on google and find something that looks like something you owned and find out the make and model name that way, if you needed to.

I'm sort of playing devils advocate with this though, cos I do think that IF it was her it IS a bit weird.

Hi, SurfieTX. To me, this sounds sensible. A couple of summers ago, I went to a suburban yard sale and was astonished by the things that people had acquired (some of them probably at other yard sales). I've been cleaning my apartment and rediscovering stuff I've had for years and rarely had the occasion to use.

As for Kortne's drug connections, I think that the early and persistent descriptions of her as a hippie are most accurate. She smoked weed, might have shared and/or sold some with friends and liked to party. That doesn't make her a major American drug dealer; in fact, in some ways, it makes her typical: I live half a block from the dorm of an elite college which was recently listed as one of the most pot-friendly universities in the U.S.

BBM; I agree. It seems Kortne's apartment was used for 'pre-gaming' the bar scene and for some younger folks to hang out. The neighbors, understandably, were starting to get irritated. I would too if it happened consistently.

And that leads us back to where every case does, who was the last person to see her/be with her. Katelyn Markham comes to mind here...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/katelyn-markham-missing-_n_935404.html#s338663

(Not CH reporting. :) )

Maybe one of her racetrack friends stored the money counter at her apt. because I'm sure they must use something of that sort at Penn National-perhaps they got a used one or do they use much bigger counters there?

To me, there are only two primary possibilities: Either she went to confront the complaining neighbor or she left the apartment to vent, walk it off, and/or smoke a joint. In either case, leaving the apartment without many things would make sense.
I have three possibilities, the two you mentioned and the third is something with her car. Either retrieving it or someone dropping it off.

What leads me to believe that it wasn't just some machine her dad or someone else gave her is the fact that whoever reported it stolen was apparently able to report the make and model to LE.
Good point.

BBM; I agree. It seems Kortne's apartment was used for 'pre-gaming' the bar scene and for some younger folks to hang out. The neighbors, understandably, were starting to get irritated. I would too if it happened consistently.

And that leads us back to where every case does, who was the last person to see her/be with her. Katelyn Markham comes to mind here...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/katelyn-markham-missing-_n_935404.html#s338663

(Not CH reporting. :) )

Thanks, SurfieTX. To me, the key factor is not Kortne's pre-history, but the escalating situation of the evening, night, and morning. To me, there are only two primary possibilities: Either she went to confront the complaining neighbor or she left the apartment building to vent, walk it off, and/or smoke a joint. In either case, leaving the apartment without many things would make sense.

uuhh what's the gambling scene like connected to horse racing? I don't know much about betting stuff and all that lifestyle, but is it all done AT the tracks?

I was just trying to think of other things where $ might come into play
overactive imagination maybe

Raising reward money is fine, but nothing beats actual searching when a person is missing. You can't count on anyone coming forward with the necessary information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!