PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am NOT disputing that a person could be involved with drugs. I AM disputing that a person was involved with drugs to the extent that is being assumed/discussed here. There is a difference between a person selling mild drugs on the side and a person making piles of cash from hard drugs for a living. One lifestyle does not have a high risk of leading to being disappeared. One lifestyle does. Theoretically speaking, in my opinion, in my speculation, the person in this case was the former, not the latter.

I'm revisiting this, I don't think we ever sorted it out...

From http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html -
"In an interview this week, Janice Ri*and Rich Sh*, who live in the apartment below Kortne’s, said they saw Kortne kick and swing at Todd Sa*, who lives in the other half of the duplex."

From: http://www.ldnews.com/crime/ci_21212616/search-missing-palmyra-woman-intensifies -
"Todd Sa*, who owns the house adjoining Stouffer's apartment, said he did not know the young woman well and did not hear any disturbance on Sunday morning."

B&*BM :)

Yeah, let's revisit that...bc it certainly proposes some questions...

I am NOT disputing that a person could be involved with drugs. I AM disputing that a person was involved with drugs to the extent that is being assumed/discussed here. There is a difference between a person selling mild drugs on the side and a person making piles of cash from hard drugs for a living. One lifestyle does not have a high risk of leading to being disappeared. One lifestyle does. Theoretically speaking, in my opinion, in my speculation, the person in this case was the former, not the latter.

I know what you're saying & I do agree with you, as I've been over her online activity as well as her friends - certainly doesn't look like anything habitual or heavy duty.

But then LoisLane found that article with the bill counter and it does raise questions no matter how much I personally don't want it to...that is if in fact it was stolen from her residence and not someone down the street.

Things are slowly being revealed that confirm my suspicions from early on. If that money counter was in fact Kortne's, then I don't care how much you think you know. You know nothing. I have known people who I assumed were only small time pot dealers who were in fact into much bigger things.

Some of you wish to keep blinders on. That is a natural self preservation and coping mechanism. That's fine. Just don't expect me to buy into it.

Retribution. Some people in certain walks of life are just not to be crossed. I believe Kortne crossed such an individual.

I'm revisiting this, I don't think we ever sorted it out...

From http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/kortne_stouffer_disappeared_am.html -
"In an interview this week, Janice Ri*and Rich Sh*, who live in the apartment below Kortne’s, said they saw Kortne kick and swing at Todd Sa*, who lives in the other half of the duplex."

From: http://www.ldnews.com/crime/ci_21212616/search-missing-palmyra-woman-intensifies -
"Todd Sa*, who owns the house adjoining Stouffer's apartment, said he did not know the young woman well and did not hear any disturbance on Sunday morning."

So which is it?

B&*BM :)

No one knows. A friend of TS insists he's a lovely person who simply misspoke and only has an attorney because the attorney is TS's employer.

I have trouble understanding how someone involved in an altercation that included law enforcement could misspeak in that particular fashion.

Why would a big-time drug dealer even report the theft of such an item?

I know what you're saying & I do agree with you, as I've been over her online activity as well as her friends - certainly doesn't look like anything habitual or heavy duty.

But then LoisLane found that article with the bill counter and it does raise questions no matter how much I personally don't want it to...that is if in fact it was stolen from her residence and not someone down the street.

I'd be delighted if someone found a completely different 21 year old woman living on that block or an incident report about the burglary.

That's akin to reporting that your digital scales were stolen. I mean, really. It doesn't make sense.

I'd still like to know what job she performed at her dad's business.

So...what do we think a 21 year old woman who lives in the 800 block of West Main Street in Palmyra in June of this year was doing with a heavy duty money counter. Any 21 year old.

Stripper?
Hooker?
Dealer?

What are the other options? The only one of those that would probably call LE is a legit stripper, IMO.

Unless there are a thousand other reasons a 21 year old woman needs to count 1000 bills a minute.

I don't know a lot about counting money. I've never had to count 1000 bills in my life.

Maybe there are a lot of other reasons.

I'm sorry about my typo. Absolutely hate spelling a victim's name wrong!

That's akin to reporting that your digital scales were stolen. I mean, really. It doesn't make sense.

I'd still like to know what job she performed at her dad's business.

Whatever it was, I doubt he sent her home with sacks of bills to count. His business is in Grantville and it seems like there's not a whole lot of cash business there.

He has a used Track Trommel listed for $130K.

(Reminder - SS has to BUY that inventory in order to sell it)

Money counting machine? That's an unusual thing. I don't own one. Anyone here own one?

How many 21 year old women live in the 800 block of West Main Street

OK. I'm wrong, wrong, wrong if it happens to be Kortne's money counting machine. It can count 1000 bills per minute

Here it is:
http://www.factory-express.com/Carnation_CR180_UV_MG_Currency_Counter-47303.htm

This item is not for small time criminals, IMO, MOO, JMO

You really are Lois Lane.

This is a whole other can of worms.

Great catch - momentous, possibly.

Wow

ETA for those who can't link out:

LDNews Police & Fire Log 06/22

06.21.12 BURGLARY: A 21-year-old woman told police that someone broke into her home in the 800 block of West Main Street between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wednesday. Police said a Sony Playstation 3, money-counting machine and a backpack were missing. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call police at 717-838-8189

Could be one of those battery operated change sorters... You use them to count out the right number of coins before rolling them to take to the bank. My mom's BF has one and drops his pocket change in every night. When a tube fills up, he wraps it.

But what is a mild drug? Weed? All are illegal to sell in the state of PA. I personally don't see any difference in somebody selling weed on the side for a few bucks in extra cash vs somebody selling heroin for thousands. No difference at all. I understand what you're saying about the money, though. I also know its quite normal for most kids to try stuff. I'm definitely not knocking her. However to put it in perspective, I'd be just as worried if one of my kids made a Mary-J purchase as opposed to a Cocaine purchase bc either way they'd be dealing with somebody shady & they'd be involved in something totally illegal.

So...what do we think a 21 year old woman who lives in the 800 block of West Main Street in Palmyra in June of this year was doing with a heavy duty money counter. Any 21 year old.

Stripper?
Hooker?
Dealer?

What are the other options? The only one of those that would probably call LE is a legit stripper, IMO.

Unless there are a thousand other reasons a 21 year old woman needs to count 1000 bills a minute.

I don't know a lot about counting money. I've never had to count 1000 bills in my life.

Maybe there are a lot of other reasons.

Maybe it was her boyfriend's?

It would be nice if the reporters would dig a little and find out the circumstances surrounding the burglary/theft - was it during a "party," did someone actually break and enter? It seems like if it were a random break and enter, more things would have been taken such as TVs, computers, etc.

maybe someone had a money counter, etc.... they were holding for someone else, and to explain it 'coming up missing' to the owner, just said it got stolen in a burglary...but they were still scared after the fact

I dunno?

what does it take for someone to wind up in witness protection?

just whimming around

It doesn't make sense to report the money counter stolen. Even if you are clean as a whistle, you invite scrutiny by police by having that in your possession as a 21 year old.

Maybe Kortne isn't so bright and didn't realize that. Maybe her involvement in things illicit has been very minimal and on the outside of something bigger that was going on in her circle. Maybe she made someone very mad by shining a spotlight on them by reporting the counter stolen.

Could be one of those battery operated change sorters... You use them to count out the right number of coins before rolling them to take to the bank. My mom's BF has one and drops his pocket change in every night. When a tube fills up, he wraps it.

Lisa, here's the article that gives the item name:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/in...e_investigate_burglary_in.html?mobRedir=false

Snipped:
Carnation CR180 Booknote Counter

Google search for this item:
Carnation CR180 booknote counter - Google Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics