PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's no cell activity, no one called or texted her about dropping her car off or coming outside or anything else. Why'd she go outside with nothing at all in her hand, in her pocket, on her feet?

Maybe she went out for a smoke. We know her pack of cigarettes was left behind, but she might have just pulled a cig from the pack and stepped outside.

I think the question about the officer's identity (on 3rd visit) is only an issue because it appears as though it is being withheld.

I understand, but LE is only going release info to the public that they think the public can assist them with in their investigation. It might have been, but has anyone even asked? It might have happened, but I certainly don't remember a MSM report where they said they asked LE for the officers name but LE declined to provide it. Unless the thought is that LE is involved with Kortne's disappearance or with some sort of cover up afterwards, I just don't follow why it makes a difference.

I really hope I'm not coming off with any attitude, I really am just struggling to see the relevance.

Why would you even report a stolen money counter machine????

And what 21 year old needs such a thing.....nothing but trouble there!!!

There's all kinds of money counting machines. I've used them (but I don't own one). Some are heavy-duty and used by businesses. Others are cheapie plastic but could be used by someone, such as a waitress or someone who gets tips.

And what 21 year old needs such a thing.....nothing but trouble there!!!

There's all kinds of money counting machines. I've used them (but I don't own one). Some are heavy-duty and used by businesses. Others are cheapie plastic but could be used by someone, such as a waitress or someone who gets tips.

but why would you report a cheapie plastic one stolen? IMO

Nor do I at this point. Just thought it was interesting.

I just went through every female in the 800 block of West Main Street using neighbors.whitepages.com and spokeo

I found one woman described as being in her late 20s. Lots of 40s, 50s, 60s

One with no age, but an AOL email address. Probably not under 35-40, IMO

Can we dig up a report?

Apologies if someone has dug up the report. I'm in the office and engaged in other stuff. Gotta get paid.

I've been reading and reading and every time I think to post something someone else says it, so I just keep reading - and thinking about Kortne.

But - who *steals* a money counting machine? Kids, I guess. Like 'cool, a playstation and this thing that'll make us look gangster...'

Maybe they didn't realise what it was - I don't think I'd recognise one!

Obviously NO idea if this is Kortne, but IF it was, there are only two reasons I can think of for having a money counting machine.

1 - uh, counting lots of money (with whatever inference anyone wants to draw about that. I will say the only person I ever knew to own one was a stripper - she needed it!)

2 - My husband brings home dumb stuff from work pretty regularly. 'Look honey, work was getting rid of this *insert useless but functioning piece of equipment here* and I got it free!' It sits around and eventually I get to throw it out. So I do know people do this, and perhaps there was one at her dad's work, something like that, and she grabbed it.

IF this is her (is there any way to find out?) then....hmmmm.

Interesting find Lois Lane.........I believe that should have read Carnation CR180 Banknote Counter...now depending on where in the 800 block...

<insert ominous music here>

why does this situation make me think of the Misfit in Flannery O'connor's "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"...yeah I am weird like that

The CR180 is found as Currency Counter, Bill Counter, Banknote Counter
Amazon.com: CARNATION Bill Counter CR180 with UV and MG Counterfeit Detection

Unless there's more than one Carnation CR180

ETA: OH! I see what you're saying, sreshowtime! Sorry! I'd missed the typo

If that burgle was at her house.....

Did Kourtne ever waitress? Or maybe she made a ton of one dollar bills in tips for her hair cutting?

I sure could have used a money counting machine in my Diner days......all those 1 dollar notes...!!

That is ok JO- I was going post the info/pic of it but thought others might like to do a little googling of their own:)

Certainly an interesting item... at any rate. Might make it a puzzle piece and stick it to the side for now, depending on where it came missing from , kwim, imho etc,

The CR180 is found as Currency Counter, Bill Counter, Banknote Counter
Amazon.com: CARNATION Bill Counter CR180 with UV and MG Counterfeit Detection: Office Products

Unless there's more than one Carnation CR180

ETA: OH! I see what you're saying, sreshowtime! Sorry! I'd missed the typo

MG Counterfeit Detection and weighs 14 pounds!!

Are there any businesses in the 800 block that perhaps the owner lives above that could possibly use such a thing???

I know I am reaching.....that 21 year old female owner is scary!!

If that burgle was at her house.....

Did Kourtne ever waitress? Or maybe she made a ton of one dollar bills in tips for her hair cutting?

I sure could have used a money counting machine in my Diner days......all those 1 dollar notes...!!

This machine counts 1000 notes per minute and is listed at $219 at Amazon. Why spend 200 dollars to count tip money?

This model is used in small business settings, according to the reviews.

Playing devils advocate here but IMO a "money counting machine" could be as simple as a glorified piggy bank for change that sorts and counts money as you put it in ... they sell for about 5 bucks or so ... but then again .. maybe not ..

MG Counterfeit Detection and weighs 14 pounds!!

Are there any businesses in the 800 block that perhaps the owner lives above that could possibly use such a thing???

I know I am reaching.....that 21 year old female owner is scary!!

All residential.

I'd be concerned if my 21 year old daughter had a bill counter beside her playstation....just saying...

Nor do I at this point. Just thought it was interesting.

I emailed or tweeted some of the reporters/publications - asked them if they thought the victim could be missing KS, 21 of the 800 block of West Main.

So I can only wait. I've searched for incident reports, couldn't find any and must get back to work, unfortunately

I'm too much of a Polly Anna to be a decent sleuth. A Polly Anna Wicked Witch. Bleh.

Or maybe those rumors about her being involved in drugs are true. Let's just hope this report doesn't pertain to Kortne...

Counterfeit reader as well as counter... She's not a wealthy young lady with a high end career dealing in cash. There's no reason she'd need this. Seriously?

Whenever there's drug busts around my county, these things are confiscated, as well as digital scales. Most of the time there's trace residue in/on them.

Strippers use them, hookers use them, drug dealers use them.

Not saying she's any of those things at all, only informing some uses.

A waitress dealing in lots of bills could sure use it as well... I guess...

Or maybe those rumors about her being involved in drugs are true. Let's just hope this report doesn't pertain to Kortne...

Counterfeit reader as well as counter... She's not a wealthy young lady with a high end career dealing in cash. There's no reason she'd need this. Seriously?

Whenever there's drug busts around my county, these things are confiscated, as well as digital scales. Most of the time there's trace residue in/on them.

Strippers use them, hookers use them, drug dealers use them.

Not saying she's any of those things at all, only informing some uses.

A waitress dealing in lots of bills could sure use it as well... I guess...

Would a waitress need a $200 bill counter?

If anyone else uses a different people searcher than I do, maybe you can find another 21 year old woman living on West Main Street in Palmyra. I couldn't.

The backpack was $$, I'm betting.

So...POSSIBLY - this is FICTION by ME & ONLY ME

Let's pretend a bunch of $$ in a backpack is swiped.

That's not mentioned to LE when reporting the burglary of other stuff.

If there's no money, a money counter doesn't mean much. Indicative of nothing. And besides, said money counter isn't even there.

Plus, if the money is..uh...hypothetically ill-gotten gain - you don't report its loss to LE unless you want to be one of TruTV's Dumbest Anythings.

Flash forward a month.

Money still gone, people are asking, time's up.

Don't be home alone.

In fact, don't be home alone to such a degree that law enforcement visits your house three times in 8 hours.

That should keep the bad guys away

That's the sketchy outline of a Lifetime Movie I'm working on!

I'm thinking Jennifer Lawrence.

Working Title is I Need To Be in a Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members