PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that K's BF, and the 2 minors were removed from the apartment. BF charged and jailed. 2 minors removed and not cited, but driven home.

LE had to take the 2 minors out, IMO, because how would it appear to remove the BF from the premises, but not the 2 minors?

BF arrested because he rents and lives in the apartment, and there are complaints of disturbing the peace by the persistent neighbor/s.

LE's goal, IMO, was arrest of K's BF (persistent, ongoing complaints from neighbor).

Exacto.

Kortne wasn't charged for supplying the booze because LE put it on her boyfriend. IMO

I'm wayyy late so sorry if this was said. I have a lot to catch up on this a.m.!

The article is somewhat confusing the way it is written. My understanding is that Lt. Hunt was listed as the "Investigating Officer", not the responding officer. The responding officer was likely a patrolman. Hunt's role was more overseeing, making sure i's were dotted and t's were crossed and keeping the chief in the loop. Lengle may have been the officer to respond at the 4:12 call but Palmyra usually has at least two officers out on weekend nights and I've sometimes seen three.

So Hunt was functioning as shift supervisor? That makes sense.

So Hunt was functioning as shift supervisor? That makes sense.

That's my understanding. I just can't think of a good reason not to release the name of the officer who responded to the 4:12 call, especially since it was apparently ok to publicize Lengle as the responder to the 3:12 call and Hunt as the officer in charge of the investigation. Why the mystery over that 4:12 officer? It makes zero sense. I don't see how it could possibly impede the investigation for that to be known.

That's my understanding. I just can't think of a good reason not to release the name of the officer who responded to the 4:12 call, especially since it was apparently ok to publicize Lengle as the responder to the 3:12 call and Hunt as the officer in charge of the investigation. Why the mystery over that 4:12 officer? It makes zero sense. I don't see how it could possibly impede the investigation for that to be known.

Do we know who responded at 9:30 PM on the 28th?

ETA: And do we know that all three times it was Palmyra PD responding and not North Londonderry Township, whose cop shop sits inside Palmyra? How much cross coverage is there?

Do we know who responded at 9:30 PM on the 28th?

ETA: And do we know that all three times it was Palmyra PD responding and not North Londonderry Township, whose cop shop sits inside Palmyra? How much cross coverage is there?

Those names weren't released, either. My guess is that multiple officers would have responded, based on the number of people at the party and the past history with the address. It's not uncommon for North or South Londonderry or even Derry Township to assist Palmyra on calls but Palmyra may have had enough available officers to handle it.

Hey all! Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for putting your energy and thoughts and insight towards bringing Kortne home. I know it seems that she's lacking support in her "real life" other than family, however; we all truly care and we are here for her!

Justice for her.

JURY - let me know if you want and I can help someone (you or anyone for that matter) put together a timeline.

I'm sort of new here and not sure but anything I can do to help, including emailing the Palmyra police department, I'll do.

Hopefully today is the day that we can get a break in this case/mess!

Many names have come out now, yet not the one of the final responding officer, is that correct? Would media have access to know if any officers were on suspension or leave, something like that?

Interesting event on 6-20-2012.

Palmyra police were called to a home in the 800 block of West Main Street Wednesday night for a reported burglary.

The incident occurred between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m., police said.

Police were told that a Sony Playstation 3, a Carnation CR180 Booknote Counter and a black and blue backpack were missing.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/police_investigate_burglary_in.html

Palmyra

BURGLARY: A 21-year-old woman told police that someone broke into her home in the 800 block of West Main Street between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wednesday. Police said a Sony Playstation 3, money-counting machine and a backpack were missing.

http://www.ldnews.com/business/ci_20910460/police-fire-log-6-22

Father, Scott Stouffer: "We believe she walked out. That's where it all begins."

@ approx 48 sec in video from yesterday below:

http://www.wsbt.com/videogallery/72014560/News/Palmyra-Girl-Kortne-Stouffer-Now-Missing-One-Month

I am convinced that the banging & stomping was done deliberately by Kortne. IMO, it does not indicate foul play inside her apartment.

Well then...IMO she walked out for what she thought was a few seconds, since she took nothing with her. And this could have been anytime between 3:45 on the 29th to the morning of the 30th. But if there's no activity on KS's cell after 3:45-4:00, then that's when she disappeared.

If there's no cell activity, no one called or texted her about dropping her car off or coming outside or anything else. Why'd she go outside with nothing at all in her hand, in her pocket, on her feet?

Who was texting from whose phone that night? I can't remember.

I'll admit I'm not the smartest guy around, but I'm just not seeing what difference it makes if the responding officer's name is John Doe or Frank Public. Can someone help me out there? I just don't see what that will help us sleuth or how it will help find Kortne.

Also, the fact that 2 kids got cited doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Cops get called to a party and bust it up. They can't force everyone to leave but they can arrest the BF for a parole violation and give the 2 kids the option of going home or being taken to jail. Seems to me that kind of thing isn't that uncommon. The 2 kids (and others that were there) might be able to give more information about who was at the party but I would be surprised if they were any more involved than that.

What does bother me is that this means LE was at Kortne's 3 times in less than 12 hours. IMO they absolutely should have made sure they made contact with SOMEONE on that final visit. Again, I suspect that is why LE is keeping things so close to the vest, not that they don't do that anyways in a majority of cases.

I'll admit I'm not the smartest guy around, but I'm just not seeing what difference it makes if the responding officer's name is John Doe or Frank Public. Can someone help me out there? I just don't see what that will help us sleuth or how it will help find Kortne.

Also, the fact that 2 kids got cited doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Cops get called to a party and bust it up. They can't force everyone to leave but they can arrest the BF for a parole violation and give the 2 kids the option of going home or being taken to jail. Seems to me that kind of thing isn't that uncommon. The 2 kids (and others that were there) might be able to give more information about who was at the party but I would be surprised if they were any more involved than that.

What does bother me is that this means LE was at Kortne's 3 times in less than 12 hours. IMO they absolutely should have made sure they made contact with SOMEONE on that final visit. Again, I suspect that is why LE is keeping things so close to the vest, not that they don't do that anyways in a majority of cases.

I think the question about the officer's identity (on 3rd visit) is only an issue because it appears as though it is being withheld.

Money counting machine? That's an unusual thing. I don't own one. Anyone here own one?

How many 21 year old women live in the 800 block of West Main Street

OK. I'm wrong, wrong, wrong if it happens to be Kortne's money counting machine. It can count 1000 bills per minute

Here it is:
http://www.factory-express.com/Carnation_CR180_UV_MG_Currency_Counter-47303.htm

This item is not for small time criminals, IMO, MOO, JMO

You really are Lois Lane.

This is a whole other can of worms.

Great catch - momentous, possibly.

Wow

ETA for those who can't link out:

LDNews Police & Fire Log 06/22

06.21.12 BURGLARY: A 21-year-old woman told police that someone broke into her home in the 800 block of West Main Street between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m. Wednesday. Police said a Sony Playstation 3, money-counting machine and a backpack were missing. Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call police at 717-838-8189

Someone stole a money counting machine?? Wow, how much did she charge for hair cuts? If in fact it was Kortne who had the break in. I can see who ever broke in needed the napsack to carry out the game system.

Someone stole a money counting machine?? Wow, how much did she charge for hair cuts? If in fact it was Kortne who had the break in. I can see who ever broke in needed the napsack to carry out the game system.

Or there was uncounted money in the backpack

Someone who knew exactly what she had and where it was.

My brain's buzzing -

I sincerely doubt KS schlepped home sacks of cash from any of her jobs or her father's business and provided a counting/banding service. The BF is not listed as a victim. These were Kortne's belongings.

Maybe that's the money she owed. Someone walked off with a backpack full of untraceable, uncounted cash.

ALL PURE CONJECTURE

I HAVE NO IDEA IF THE BURGLARY VICTIM WAS KORTNE STOUFFER

Interesting find Lois Lane.........I believe that should have read Carnation CR180 Banknote Counter...now depending on where in the 800 block...

<insert ominous music here>

why does this situation make me think of the Misfit in Flannery O'connor's "A Good Man Is Hard To Find"...yeah I am weird like that

Why would you even report a stolen money counter machine????

And what 21 year old needs such a thing.....nothing but trouble there!!!

This just can't be Kortne's....Oh, God....please do NOT let those rumors be true!!

Talk about a bad hair day...week

Why would you even report a stolen money counter machine????

And what 21 year old needs such a thing.....nothing but trouble there!!!

This just can't be Kortne's....Oh, God....please do NOT let those rumors be true!!

Talk about a bad hair day...week

:giggle: I was thinking the same thing... I think I would just eat my losses on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8