PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand LE's handling of this case .. no searches .. no pressers .. NO PUBLICE STATEMENtS REGARDING ANYONE'S SAFETY! Is the public safe? No media follow up .. why? It just seems like it's "normal" to have a person disappear and we should "just get over it and move on" ..

I am beyond frustrated! It hurts .. It hurts on so many different levels .. I hurt for her family .. with all my heart .. It hurts to see such pain in their face and to hear their voice break when speaking of Kortne. I hurt for Kortne .. She deserves to be found .. (even if she doesn't want to be found) she deserves to know people care .. I hurt for her "friends" parents, who seem to be taking this a bit more serious than her "friends" .. I don't think the magnatude of this situation is completely registering with some of her "age group" and they fully expect her to just show up one day. Us parents??? Oh WE GET IT! We are terrified of the unknown. Does LE not get this? Do they think we are all just O-K with her being missing? Do they not think for one second that we as parents think our child could be next? Why? .. why does it seem very little care around here? Why is not every local business involved in some way? Why is the public on it's own not organizing search parties? Why am I not getting return calls from the businesses when trying to set up "benefits"? Why is the media not following up on this story? It's not like we have people go missing around here everyday! Why no statements from the parents lawyer to at the very least keep Kortnes face fresh out there?

WE HAVE A MISSING PERSON AROUND HERE!!! I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!!! Why is LE and the media seemingly ok with it??? I just don't understand .. It just hurts .. This could have been my child .. it could have been anyones child .. It is SOMEONE'S CHILD!

I just don't understand LE's handling of this case .. no searches .. no pressers .. NO PUBLICE STATEMENtS REGARDING ANYONE'S SAFETY! Is the public safe? No media follow up .. why? It just seems like it's "normal" to have a person disappear and we should "just get over it and move on" ..

I am beyond frustrated! It hurts .. It hurts on so many different levels .. I hurt for her family .. with all my heart .. It hurts to see such pain in their face and to hear their voice break when speaking of Kortne. I hurt for Kortne .. She deserves to be found .. (even if she doesn't want to be found) she deserves to know people care .. I hurt for her "friends" parents, who seem to be taking this a bit more serious than her "friends" .. I don't think the magnatude of this situation is completely registering with some of her "age group" and they fully expect her to just show up one day. Us parents??? Oh WE GET IT! We are terrified of the unknown. Does LE not get this? Do they think we are all just O-K with her being missing? Do they not think for one second that we as parents think our child could be next? Why? .. why does it seem very little care around here? Why is not every local business involved in some way? Why is the public on it's own not organizing search parties? Why am I not getting return calls from the businesses when trying to set up "benefits"? Why is the media not following up on this story? It's not like we have people go missing around here everyday! Why no statements from the parents lawyer to at the very least keep Kortnes face fresh out there?

WE HAVE A MISSING PERSON AROUND HERE!!! I AM NOT OK WITH THIS!!! Why is LE and the media seemingly ok with it??? I just don't understand .. It just hurts .. This could have been my child .. it could have been anyones child .. It is SOMEONE'S CHILD!

Especially since the one thing that LE has apparently stated is the likelihood that she was kidnapped. So even an apparent kidnapping doesn't warrant any statements or attention?

Even for the optimistic, which as a rule does not include me, it is highly unlikely that Kortne decided to take off, leave her life, etc. on that crazy night, not taking anything with her. A crime occurred. Where is the nosiness, if nothing else, of the media?

The lack of intellectual curiosity from the local media is maddening, to put it mildly. In the few conversations I've had with reporters I have sensed a mild interest in Kortne's story and assurances that they were keeping on top of it but I have yet to see much evidence to back any of that up. They have not even considered many of the questions that we have discussed here, much less asked them of anyone. They seem to have a passive attitude of waiting for LE to put out a press release, rather than actively seeking answers. If just one of our local reporters would get serious about digging into this case, it would be a huge help to Kortne and her family.

Honestly I think LE is staying quiet cause silence is better than saying "we have no idea"

The lack of intellectual curiosity from the local media is maddening, to put it mildly. In the few conversations I've had with reporters I have sensed a mild interest in Kortne's story and assurances that they were keeping on top of it but I have yet to see much evidence to back any of that up. They have not even considered many of the questions that we have discussed here, much less asked them of anyone. They seem to have a passive attitude of waiting for LE to put out a press release, rather than actively seeking answers. If just one of our local reporters would get serious about digging into this case, it would be a huge help to Kortne and her family.

We see that all the time here at WS PalmyraDad. Sadly, today it seems as if investigative journalism is like fast food ... get it out quick and move on to the next order. Frustrating isn't it? :banghead:

IMO, your local media echoes the attitude of your LE.

I completely agree and can back up the "if no one heard them or saw them, they simply weren't there" theory. Besides what is known as a "cop knock", there were nosey neighbors (not saying this in a mean way, I am one myself lol) who were calling the cops, hearing stomping, were obviously disturbed by Kortne on more than one occasion BUT NO ONE HEARD/SEEN a cop car/suv/truck?! Highly doubtful IMO Even, if he/she didn't use his lights, sirens, and so happened to have the window up to block the scanner noise, you would still here "THUD, THUD, THUD"

I also find it hard to believe that it is a stranger abduction (although it cannot be completely ruled out until Kortne comes home). This is a very frustrating case (aren't they all)

I agree very much with the bolder part and I can't believe it never occurred to me. I don't know about these things from experience but I do have experience with nosy neighbors and no way would they've missed the police visit!

Agreed! Another reason why LE might want to stay quiet..they never knocked or did anything on that second visit. And Kortne disappears... I'm sure they have no desire to answer hard questions about that second LE visit if they even "visited."

I agree very much with the bolder part and I can't believe it never occurred to me. I don't know about these things from experience but I do have experience with nosy neighbors and no way would they've missed the police visit!

Haven't posted for a while but I'm still following, where is she??
Had to take a break as I felt I was banging my head against the same two brick walls without an answer.
Has Mr Miller and TES been called in yet?
I feel so helpless, but one thing I can do is donate towards a TES search, is this still something that could happen?
Just can't stop thinking of Kortne . I know it's all right there in front of us yet nothings happening. Back to those two brick walls for now I guess. Sore heads all round, until a brick comes loose.:banghead:

I still feel something happened to Kortne very close to home.

You are going to come home Kortne.

Hello: One of Ivy's Locals- maybe you should send a copy of Ivy's Brother's account of
the finding of Ivy to the media, or parents , or?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184657&highlight=Ivy&page=38
post of BigBrotha...

IMO, Ivy's story has nothing to do with Kortne's. Ivy left on her own and stayed away on her own. I do not believe Kortne did anything of the kind. Also, Ivy's family at least had clues as to where to look for her, from the location of the car, the GPS, and perhaps her diary, etc.

I believe Kortne is a crime victim, and that she is probably in the general locale. Perhaps some small-scale searching has taken place, but even TES usually wants a place to start, something from LE, and I wonder if they would get cooperation from them in this case.

Kortne, another day without you. Where are you?

What can we do to help find Kortne?

Still thinking about Kortne and praying for answers....

I just read a news article today about 2 young Palmyra women who were arrested for the heroin death of a Hershey man. Drugs are more prevalent in the Palmyra area than I thought. I pray that Kortne is safe.

Haven't posted for a while but I'm still following, where is she??
Had to take a break as I felt I was banging my head against the same two brick walls without an answer.
Has Mr Miller and TES been called in yet?
I feel so helpless, but one thing I can do is donate towards a TES search, is this still something that could happen?
Just can't stop thinking of Kortne . I know it's all right there in front of us yet nothings happening. Back to those two brick walls for now I guess. Sore heads all round, until a brick comes loose.:banghead:

I still feel something happened to Kortne very close to home.

You are going to come home Kortne.

Well, I requested Tim Miller's assistance, but that doesn't count. :rolleyes: I sent the family information about TES weeks ago.

I have no idea why searches haven't been conducted. It's vexing.

Agreed! Another reason why LE might want to stay quiet..they never knocked or did anything on that second visit. And Kortne disappears... I'm sure they have no desire to answer hard questions about that second LE visit if they even "visited."

Someone has to pose those hard questions to them. Maybe someone has and I didn't see it. Someone has to be willing to ask the question and when given the standard "We're not going to comment on an ongoing investigation" response, they have to be willing to say "No. That's not acceptable in this case." While I don't condone it, I can see where LE would lay back and not volunteer any information, but someone has to be willing to demand it. Someone in MSM or the family or some agency. Us demanding on WS gets us no where. Hopefully someone from MSM reads here (it's happened in other cases) and sees the frustration and decides they want to get to the answers.

kortnes case reminds me of morgan martins here in FL we have not had any updates on hers since the beginning of August. I hope she is found soon!

<modsnip> Since LE seems to have absolutely nothing, which is pretty much admitted to by the parents also, perhaps it's time to try that route again? Short of that, this investigation looks like it won't be moving forward at all. This case seems to pretty much have fizzled since the first week. Interesting though...I have to point this out....the LAST and only information the police released was to say that Kortne had a drinking party with a bunch of guys and she was the only one of legal age and some other not-so-pleasant things to say about her, and then nothing...nothing before, nothing after....I have to wonder if LE didn't purposely paint her in a bad light, as if to make it seem as if fould play would be no big surprise for someone of her character. Am I the only one who noticed that? Point out Kortne's flaws, but don't arrange for ponds to be searched, or do helicopter searches, or put REALLY credible info out there for the public to ponder on that might actually help generate some clues. (what? do i sound like i'm being sarcastic?)

<modsnip> Since LE seems to have absolutely nothing, which is pretty much admitted to by the parents also, perhaps it's time to try that route again? Short of that, this investigation looks like it won't be moving forward at all. This case seems to pretty much have fizzled since the first week. Interesting though...I have to point this out....the LAST and only information the police released was to say that Kortne had a drinking party with a bunch of guys and she was the only one of legal age and some other not-so-pleasant things to say about her, and then nothing...nothing before, nothing after....I have to wonder if LE didn't purposely paint her in a bad light, as if to make it seem as if fould play would be no big surprise for someone of her character. Am I the only one who noticed that? Point out Kortne's flaws, but don't arrange for ponds to be searched, or do helicopter searches, or put REALLY credible info out there for the public to ponder on that might actually help generate some clues. (what? do i sound like i'm being sarcastic?)

I think they are protraying her in a bad light as well, mainly b/c of their own mis-steps! But, say she was a horrible, horrible person (even though IMO, she was sticking up for herself/bf which many many people do...just not women usually and only contributed to alcohol of minors...which is a minor offense).....she was intoxicated---so if she walked away on her own free will she could of fell, hit her head, drowned, etc etc etc. :banghead: LE has now went from quiet, to annoyingly quiet to save their own behinds. MOO.

Still thinking about Kortne and praying for answers....

I just read a news article today about 2 young Palmyra women who were arrested for the heroin death of a Hershey man. Drugs are more prevalent in the Palmyra area than I thought. I pray that Kortne is safe.

It's scary, isn't it? I feel like we in general feel like we are in a bubble here in central pa. Eg, my ex-SIL thought it was ridiculous that I locked the doors when I was babysitting her daughter at night. I see women running or walking alone in isolated areas (like a wooded park) with headphones on and the music loud enough for me to hear. People don't lock their cars. I could go on and on about this as this "it can't happen here" mindset drives me crazy...possibly because I am a little paranoid...but I understand why many people (IMO) feel this way. I hope I don't offend anyone because I know that central pa is safer than many places; I just can't imagine leaving stuff unlocked or not trying to be aware of my surroundings when I'm running. :fence:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member