PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to determine what the colored contacts comment may mean, but to me, it indicates at the very least that her father thinks she may be alive and is possibly in disguise. As to weather or not the disguise is being done of her own free will or is forced, is an entirely different matter. Regarding what would make Kortne's dad think that, it makes me wonder if maybe they are getting information that others have seen Kortne?

Yeah .. I dunno .. I was just thinking this was personally the first time I had heard it mentioned the possibility of colored contacts. I did find a missing poster on a "friends" facebook mentioning the possibility of colored contacts and or different hair colors or styles. The poster was from August. I was wondering if this was "new" info her father was putting out there as a possibility .. which could possibly mean new info .. ugh .. I wish I had heard the interview!

Yeah .. I dunno .. I was just thinking this was personally the first time I had heard it mentioned the possibility of colored contacts. I did find a missing poster on a "friends" facebook mentioning the possibility of colored contacts and or different hair colors or styles. The poster was from August. I was wondering if this was "new" info her father was putting out there as a possibility .. which could possibly mean new info .. ugh .. I wish I had heard the interview!

I wish I heard the interview too. However, if Kortne's father had said in the interview that she was missing for 120 days, that means the interview was done sometime in late November because as of now, Kortne has been missing roughly 150 days. Therefore, the information in the interview is most likely not new unfortunately.

*sigh* Just more .. no new information .. Kortne, where are you?

I just wish we would receive some kind of updated information from LE, family, friends, press conference, etc. I can not figure out if anyone is actively searching for her. Soo frustrating!

It was not an interview. It was more like a commercial.

Something else I've noticed, and it may have no significance, is that for the longest time KS had 1,219 facebook friends. However, since other posts have appeared on her page a few weeks ago, her fiends have dropped by 2 to 1,217. I can't tell which friends are no longer there, there is just too many to compare. I'm not sure if this means anything but I feel it's worth mentioning.

Sorry to quote myself, it's just easier to follow the topic of conversation this way. Kortne, as of tonight is down to 2,114 facebook friends, not sure what this means but I find it odd!

I definitely got the impression it was paid airtime. I tried looking on the station's website to see if you could pull up commercials, but no luck. It was played at approximately 9:30 am yesterday- maybe it will be repeated today...

Her father was very monotone- no sense of urgency or excitement. I find it odd that commercials like this were not used earlier in her disappearance. In Lebanon County, Kortne's disappearance was almost a non-event, which I find incredibly sad and strange. As I mentioned before, I've noticed less flyers and posters in the immediate area.

There was a post on the "Prayers for Kortne Stouffer" Facebook page- by a person who supposedly knows the family- that things are not stalled, but those investigating are trying to make sure all their ducks are in a row for prosecution. Wouldn't that mean you actually have to have a suspect??? Or know where Kortne is???

I have a very hard time thinking she either walked away or was abducted by a stranger. Why would an adult- living on her own, paying her own bills, not answering to her parents- walk away without even her cell phone or go away in the vehicle she owns??? Without even a pair of shoes??? O her beloved dog???

If she was abducted by a stranger, she would have to have the WORST luck in the entire world. A person roaming the streets of Palmyra happens on her out for a walk cooling off and decides to just grab her while he can?

We know she had been drinking, but not how much or if it was in combination with any other substances that can alter thinking and behavior. Is there a possibility that she could have gone out for a walk to cool off and passed away somehow in a place nearby but not all that visible? I'm thinking specifically of Jimmy Slack, who died in the Pittsburgh area last December on his way home from a concert. He fell into a river and it took six weeks for him to be found.

There are a couple of other scenarios I can think of but not sure if I should post them here as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and one could be very sensitive.

The whole situation is sensitive....but without fresh ideas, or thoughts that are outside the box of the norm people stop looking.....does anyone know if there are any organizations in that area that search for missing people, someone who could put up flyers.

Hey Cutter .. theorize away .. (I just made that word up :)) .. I am game to entertain any thought at this point. It keeps the thread moving.

You know .. another theory I had was what if she did go for a walk down the street to calm down and was struck and killed by a passing vehicle? What if the driver of that vehicle was intoxicated, or had a suspended license and paniced and disposed of her body?

Skeet .. I don't think there is such an organization in this area and I think I speak for many when I say I believe others are waiting for the parents to give the nod on searches. I know many, many people in the area that were ready to go the first day .. the second week, the third month .. but no go. I feel the community as a whole may be loosing interest because there seems to be no urgency from LE, the parents, the attorney and what ever happened to the family's spokes person??? WHY NO SEARCHES???

Yes without permission from the parents, LE, or individual property owners it does make searching for clues almost impossible. Putting posters on public property, such as telephone poles is not against the law and it keeps a missing person in other people's faces. I would find it really odd though if someone actually put up 20 or so posters around the surrounding areas but then found out that someone was taken down. That would lead you to think that LE/family know something more but can't talk about it. Just a thought.

It has been reported early on by Wendy Stouffer that as soon as posters were going up someone was taking them down .. that has been an ongoing issue in certain areas .. I believe she had mentioned Lebanon and Fredricksburg areas.

I am interested in seeing if the crime scene tape remains up after the first of the year.

Just stopping in to show some love ------- Where is Kortne?

You know, I'm not a local so I can't speculate on the commercial/airtime, etc. Or anything else for that matter.

What I do believe is that IMO Kortne was harmed by either a neighbor or someone/someones that she spent her final hours with. I do think that there are no searches because I believe that family and maybe even LE have a very good idea of who is involved but no concrete evidence for an arrest.

With that said, I know that there are many other possibilities of what happened to her but from the beginning of this thread I have always felt that this wasn't a random attack, she didn't run away, & so on and so forth. Someone killed her IMO and now it's someone's job to find out why. Rape gone wrong? Argument and booze involved? MAYBE an accident but still - no signs of her body, no attempt to right a wrong.

Anyways, I think of her often and wish that we could find her one way or another to close this thread and pay respects to her and her family.

Just stopping in to show some love ------- Where is Kortne?

You know, I'm not a local so I can't speculate on the commercial/airtime, etc. Or anything else for that matter.

What I do believe is that IMO Kortne was harmed by either a neighbor or someone/someones that she spent her final hours with. I do think that there are no searches because I believe that family and maybe even LE have a very good idea of who is involved but no concrete evidence for an arrest.

With that said, I know that there are many other possibilities of what happened to her but from the beginning of this thread I have always felt that this wasn't a random attack, she didn't run away, & so on and so forth. Someone killed her IMO and now it's someone's job to find out why. Rape gone wrong? Argument and booze involved? MAYBE an accident but still - no signs of her body, no attempt to right a wrong.

Anyways, I think of her often and wish that we could find her one way or another to close this thread and pay respects to her and her family.

Hi Living Juicy, glad to see you stopped by!

If you are right and the family and LE have a good idea of who is involved but don't have concrete evidence for an arrest, wouldn't that be all the more reason to search?

It just seems that if they did search and they did find evidence, that evidence may provide the concrete proof needed for an arrest. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still have many concerns about the lack of searching. As always, I am open to all possibilities and am still unable to rule out anything.

Hi Living Juicy, glad to see you stopped by!

If you are right and the family and LE have a good idea of who is involved but don't have concrete evidence for an arrest, wouldn't that be all the more reason to search?

It just seems that if they did search and they did find evidence, that evidence may provide the concrete proof needed for an arrest. Maybe I'm wrong, but I still have many concerns about the lack of searching. As always, I am open to all possibilities and am still unable to rule out anything.

Hi Blood!
I would think so myself. But because nothing is really going on, I have to wonder if they know more than we do. I mean, the alternative is that of no one caring and I can't imagine that being the case.

Who knows. It's sad overall. I would hope that if I were to end up missing, someone would be looking for me. And someone other than a person in front of a computer screen. I don't know why no one is looking. We can blame it on the weather soon but what about the past few months? Unfortunately, I think her body will just be found one day and by then evidence will be gone and it will be almost impossible to form an arrest. IMO

You know, I know this sounds nuts and it's probably not the case but months ago a few of her buddies from the night she went missing went on a road trip to (Maryland, I believe) and I always wonderered ......could she have been dumped along the way? I know it's probably far fetched but at that time, it just felt like an option and a sure fire way to hide her being found.

Hi Blood!
I would think so myself. But because nothing is really going on, I have to wonder if they know more than we do. I mean, the alternative is that of no one caring and I can't imagine that being the case.

Who knows. It's sad overall. I would hope that if I were to end up missing, someone would be looking for me. And someone other than a person in front of a computer screen. I don't know why no one is looking. We can blame it on the weather soon but what about the past few months? Unfortunately, I think her body will just be found one day and by then evidence will be gone and it will be almost impossible to form an arrest. IMO

You know, I know this sounds nuts and it's probably not the case but months ago a few of her buddies from the night she went missing went on a road trip to (Maryland, I believe) and I always wonderered ......could she have been dumped along the way? I know it's probably far fetched but at that time, it just felt like an option and a sure fire way to hide her being found.

Well, I can't imagine that no one cares either. I also remember hearing about that road trip, I believe they went to Ocean City Maryland if memory serves correct. I'm not certain, but I thought they took that trip shortly after KS disappeared.

Do we know for a fact that the family has not done any searching on their own?

Do we know for a fact that the family has not done any searching on their own?

it was reported that the family did do a few of their own searches via foot and horseback at first .. but kept them private .. they never did it on a large scale or enlisted the help of the public .. and LE only set up one very specific search area around MR's home I believe
It was rumored that Scott had his friend fly him over areas with his helecopter but I don't know how true that is

Well, I can't imagine that no one cares either. I also remember hearing about that road trip, I believe they went to Ocean City Maryland if memory serves correct. I'm not certain, but I thought they took that trip shortly after KS disappeared.

Yes, that's exactly where they went. I don't know off the top of my head when they went but I know it was shortly within reason after Kortne disappeared.

I know that MR's car was searched early on in the investigation but could it be plausable that her body was hidden somewhere else and picked up later to be disposed? I initially didn't think CP had any involvement but I have never ruled him out completely.

Same as the neighbor/s.

I wonder how Kortne's boyfriend has been the past several months, other than quiet.

Yes, that's exactly where they went. I don't know off the top of my head when they went but I know it was shortly within reason after Kortne disappeared.

I know that MR's car was searched early on in the investigation but could it be plausable that her body was hidden somewhere else and picked up later to be disposed? I initially didn't think CP had any involvement but I have never ruled him out completely.

Same as the neighbor/s.

I wonder how Kortne's boyfriend has been the past several months, other than quiet.

Only thing with that is .. it was fairly hot at that time .. I would think a body hidden for even a few days would have leaked fluids and left some dna evidence behind .. unless they took a vehicle other than MR's to the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485